• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008
    NP: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Jesper Kyd

The ethnic stuff just ROCKS!! Excellent score! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ALEXANDRE DESPLAT - the curious case of Benjamin Button

Loving it; soothing and relaxing, refined and elegant with a latter part that is deeply melodic and emotional. Not Desplat's most original work to date but equally enjoyable nevertheless.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Loving it; soothing and relaxing, refined and elegant with a latter part that is deeply melodic and emotional. Not Desplat's most original work to date but equally enjoyable nevertheless.

I think it's great. I'm not trying to hype it, if people don't enjoy it, so be it. I just know I really like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I think it's great. I'm not trying to hype it, if people don't enjoy it, so be it. I just know I really like it.

Yes, i am trying not to hype it up either as it's been the case with other Desplat scores i adored in the past and which several people didn't seem to warm up to, at all. Like with the Ennemi Intimme from last year for instance. But The curious case of Benjamin Button is for me the most pleasant surprises this year.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes, i am trying not to hype it up either as it's been the case with other Desplat scores i adored in the past and which several people didn't seem to warm up to, at all. Like with the Ennemi Intimme from last year for instance. But The curious case of Benjamin Button is for me the most pleasant surprises this year.

I just cannot persuade myself to listen to it on the computer so I guess i will wait for the CD release...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I will also wear my Goldenthal underpants.

Always thinking beyond the sphere eh James? A final fantasy maybe!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Alien3!!!

...wait, what are we doing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:John Williamd Conducts John Williams. Star Wars trilogy

a easy selection to listen in my work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Nanosaur II: Hatchling - Aleksander Dimitrijevic

Pretty sweet game score, IMO. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I would really like to listen to this score but unfortunately I have to wait for the cd too.I love Desplat.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE SECRET OF NIMH - Jerry Goldsmith

I'm finding it very difficult not to play music by this film score genius at the moment. This is a wonderfully colourful fantasy score and one of the greatest animated scores ever.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ As always... brilliant selections of music, Timmer!

punk

NP: Gold Diggers - Joel McNeely

Classic Joel McNeely. Lush Williamsesque sound, bold main theme from low brass, exciting, playful action material with a wonderful mystical quality near the end of the album. Simply wonderful music!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

punk

As opposed to everyone else's shit selections! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

punk

Nope. But for some reason Timmer's just standout.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

punk

Yes.

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, he's right. You do put on some excellent scores. cool

But then I like a bit of trash from time to time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Np: Happy Feet - John Powell

You would NEVER think of this being such an epic score by looking at the front cover of the album. The opening cue - "The Huddle" - is easily one of the greatest choral cues ever composed! This score is John Powell at his absolute finest.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Me too! ( as if I had to say that rolleyes wink ) And great and entertaining fun it can be too.

In fact I'd say it's a necessity to gain perspective, when you return to the real jewels of the filmscore world it gives me a renewed euphoria for the truly great.

is this gibberish making sense?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Me too! ( as if I had to say that rolleyes wink ) And great and entertaining fun it can be too.

In fact I'd say it's a necessity to gain perspective, when you return to the real jewels of the filmscore world it gives me a renewed euphoria for the truly great.

is this gibberish making sense?

Makes perfect sense. Without evil there is no good... so evil must be good. wink

That may be from a South Park song.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP:Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    I'm rocking up the block of flats I'm living in!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Alien3!!!

...wait, what are we doing?

I tell ya, these are my underpants. James is quite The Good Thief.

Played earlier: Windtalkers, James Horner
    For some reason I found myself enjoying this score less than I remembered. Do I need to re-learn it?

NP: Wing Commander, Kevin Kiner
    One of the truly great video game movie adaptation disappointments. And yet, a pretty fun score. So energetic. And the track "Hot Dog" truly has a unique sound.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  1. While ironing today, I had:

The Vanishing - Jerry Goldsmith
    Merry Christmas - Philippe Rombi
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Far From Heaven - Elmer Bernstein

This film was on tv so I watched it for the fourth or fifth time. It's not really substantial enough to warrant so many viewings in a relatively short period, but it's so gorgeous to look at... and that score! One of the great man's very best.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE PAINTED VEIL - Alexandre Desplat

Lovely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Pony Soldier - Alex North

Such is the way of things, I've had this score by one of my favourite composers for a couple of months but am yet to listen to it all the way through - till now! It's very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2008
    Rich in Love - Georges Delerue

Whoa, Georges. What a way to go out.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Southall wrote
    Far From Heaven - Elmer Bernstein

This film was on tv so I watched it for the fourth or fifth time. It's not really substantial enough to warrant so many viewings in a relatively short period, but it's so gorgeous to look at... and that score! One of the great man's very best.

Yuck.... I had to write an essay on that film's mise-en-scene earlier this semester. But the music is wonderful!

NP: Madagascar 2 - Hans Zimmer

First listen, first track. So far so good.
  2. Southall wrote
    Rich in Love - Georges Delerue

Whoa, Georges. What a way to go out.

I know a composer who is now working with the director in whose arms Delerue died.

NP: Shadow of the Vampire (Dan Jones)

If I did a list of the best scores of this decade, this wouldn't make the top 10, but if I did list of the 10 best scores that nobody seemed to know about, this definitely would make the top 10.

Nice reference to movement 2 of Harmonielehre in the 'Title Music'.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I finished the Madagascar 2 album. Its a shame that more of Zimmer's music wasn't released. I heard a lot of good stuff in the film that didn't make it to the CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Playlist for today-

The Lion King
    LoTR: Return of The King
    PoTC: At World's End
    King Kong
    Kung Fu Panda
    Happy Feet
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    Atlantis: The Lost Empire