• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009
    You already have the soundtrack?! Where did you get it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    It's not its street date yet so... use your imagination, I guess! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    We'll be getting it in less than a month anyway wink And the result of patience is sweet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009 edited
    I am listening to it since morning as well; it's irresistible.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    This will be one of the best of 2009, I can bet!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    DemonStar wrote
    You already have the soundtrack?! Where did you get it?

I got a pre-realise copy of the score for reviewing it. Still negotiating, but I hope to post a kind of First-Listen soon...
    The Score really is quite angry with a lot of dark choral music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BasilB wrote
    I got a pre-realise copy of the score for reviewing it.

Ah, I thought so. Looking forward to read your opinion when you finish listening to it! smile
  1. I´m overwhelmed by this glorious return of the Chevalier Theme, which now officially has become Langdon´s Theme. And the movie looks fantastic, as well. This is going to be a great ride ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    BasilB wrote
    Holy crap!!!!

Hans Zimmer's "Angel and Demons" is right now playing on my laptop! The first track is over (a very energetic Orchestral and choral romp!). Exactly what I was missing on The DaVinci Code-Score!
    The second track has just started... here we have the Chevalier de Sangreal-Clip with Joshua Bells violin Solos and heavy percussion and loud choir. After 1:13 the track gets quite calmer... more later!

Ps.: the track playing during the sneak peak is "503".

All best wishes

More please...tell us more! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I´m overwhelmed by this glorious return of the Chevalier Theme, which now officially has become Langdon´s Theme. And the movie looks fantastic, as well. This is going to be a great ride ...

word.
  2. My interest in this score was tweaked when I heard Joshua Bell was involved but now that I've heard this clip I cant wait, that violin solo is gorgeous!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009 edited
    I'm not impressed with this piece actually. It doesn't sound that different. The organ is buried under loads of ... vague orchestra somehow (is it me or doesn't it sound very clear?)

I hope this is not the highlight.
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    I'm not impressed with this piece actually. It doesn't sound that different. The organ is buried under loads of ... vague orchestra somehow (is it me or doesn't it sound very clear?)

I agree with Bregt that it doesn't differ that much from the original, but it doesn't take away it sounds magical nonetheless

And please Bregt, have you ever heard a Zimmer track that opens with the highlight? wink
    It always ends with the highlight cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote

I agree with Bregt that it doesn't differ that much from the original, but it doesn't take away it sounds magical nonetheless

And please Bregt, have you ever heard a Zimmer track that opens with the highlight? wink
    It always ends with the highlight cheesy

Ok, "langdon's theme" is my less favourite from Da VInci Code. I prefer Sangreal's theme or Maria magdelen's theme. and of Course I expect the new stuff more than a re arrengement of Chevaliers, but you can't dennie how great this version is. Specially the violin solos.

I want the whole score!
  4. Jordi, DENY, not DENNIE
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    No, he was commenting on the fact that he was really happy Nick Glennie-Smith hadn't ghostwritten it, but in gloomy, gothic overtones he confused Danny Elfman and came up with Dennie instead.
    It all makes perfect sense in context.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Exclusive First Listen of Hans Zimmers ANGELS & DEMONS

CinemaMusica is excited to bring ou an exclusive first listen of every track on the up-coming album of Hans Zimmer new Score for "Angels & Demons".

Follow the Link, click the clips and get a frist idea of the score:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1279/hans-zi … soundclips

All best wishes,
    - Basil
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009 edited
    Cheers Basil.

So loads of choir, dark and threatening, with electronic percussion, and with Chevaliers de Sangreal now transmogrified into the Robert Langdon theme.
    Hmmmm...seeing as how I have only listened to The Da Vinci Code twice ever since I got it, I think I'll pass on this one for now, as it seems to be an extension of the first score..
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Da Vinci code is very good, imo. Why heard it only twice? For a man who loves EQUILIBRIUM, it'd seem a bit weird to me for him not to be fond of DA VINCI CODE wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Cheers Basil.

So loads of choir, dark and threatening, with electronic percussion, and with Chevaliers de Sangreal now transmogrified into the Robert Langdon theme.
    Hmmmm...seeing as how I have only listened to The Da Vinci Code twice ever since I got it, I think I'll pass on this one for now, as it seems to be an extension of the first score..

I think the clips are a little too short to get a decent impression, but I really discerned some potentially lovely tracks there, such as "Science and Religion" or "Election by Adoration".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thanks a lot, BasilB! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    wow!!!!! what pieces of action!!!

HEAVY CHORUS AND PERCUSION!!!!

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Wow, Citrine Cross action version in Air!! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    Wow, Citrine Cross action version in Air!! shocked

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

It looks more like trailer music!

AHAHAH...WHERE IS THE SUBTILE MUSIC FROM DA VINCI??? AHAHAHAH BRAVO HANSSSSSSSSSSSSS. CHORUS AND PERCUSION LOUD!!!

sangreal's theme is back too! nice!

HANS DO IT AGAIN, HE MAKE ME HOT WITH HIS CLIPS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Da Vinci code is very good, imo. Why heard it only twice? For a man who loves EQUILIBRIUM, it'd seem a bit weird to me for him not to be fond of DA VINCI CODE wink

Not enough techno.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Not enough techno.

well...since some parts reminds me to broken arrow chorus and textures, i hope subtitle techno here.

biggrin

(seriously)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I60 BPM sounds irresistible! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    i hope subtitle techno here.

I can see the CD now in my Winamp screen:

Track playing: God Particle
    Subtitles: BaDUNK bonk bonk BaDUNK bonk bonk

Track playing: 160 BPM
    Subtitles: PhtadadDUM PhtadadDUM PhtadadDUM
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    i hope subtitle techno here.

I can see the CD now in my Winamp screen:

Track playing: God Particle
    Subtitles: BaDUNK bonk bonk BaDUNK bonk bonk

Track playing: 160 BPM
    Subtitles: PhtadadDUM PhtadadDUM PhtadadDUM

Oh! ahahahahahahaahaha shame biggrin moon

by the way, "fire" reminds me to Zimmer's first born theme.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    A short review of Angels&Demons (german only):

http://outnow.ch/Movies/2009/AngelsAndD … oundtrack/

All best