• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Are you angel or demon???? What you say, people? wink

Me? I'm a god.
    Why?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Me? I'm a god.
    Why?

because i'm a fallen angel. Did I trie to kill you? i can't remember...what you did with me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    edit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Can I buy some pot from you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    By all means, dear boy.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Me? I'm a god.
    Why?

because i'm a fallen angel. Did I trie to kill you?

No, but from the sound of things I think you may have hurt your head in the fall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And so we come back full circle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Indeed, as Bregt's very first post in this thread states:

Bregt wrote
    This for all pots concerning Zimmer's score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I wish Horner had scored this film, I'd love to have heard some religiousy music from Mr. Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think Horner won't be able to surpass his own The Name Of The Rose in originality and mood.
    One of his most challenging, but to me very rewarding, listens away from the film, incidentally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Never heard it. Is it a synthy score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes. Very.
    Gregorian chants and ominous synths.

It's one of the moodiest things I've heard ever, and I'm quite fond of it (though as you might imagine it's not a regular listen wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Martijn wrote
    Yes. Very.

Which he uses as a subtle thematic device to cross religion and science.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hmm, sounds interesting. I've always liked Horner's use of synths. smile (I think it's because he treats them like a separate instrument rather than trying to hide them under the orchestra.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and thus we come full circle to Zimmer. Again.
  1. NAME OF THE ROSE is quite a good score. I've not heard it outside of the rather unimpressive film however.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    For what I can read and listening in the clips, ZImmer did all the oposite with this score to what he did in Pirates of Caribbean. He passed from subtile, refinate and orchestral to loud, electronic and experimental.

I can see the "bruckheimer" version of The Da Vinci Code. And While it could be considered bad, or very bad, I'm sure some of us will laught a lot listening it.

I love this guy, I simply love Zimmer madness.

I'm just guessing. wink

Tottally agree. Those who expect an expansion of The Da Vinci Code better start changing their mind. Angels & Demons is "Broken Arrow" with The Da Vinci Code themes. Crazy and unexpected but effective. To be honest, I didn´t expect this from Z. And also honestly, I like it.

I´m glad he uses "Chevaliers de Sangreal" plenty of times with different arrangements.

Just my guesses, obviously.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So you guys bought the album then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    As much as I love Name of the Rose as a movie and score, it is not for everybody. I think its worth as a standalone listen depends massively on whether you´ve seen the movie or not, as well as whether you like medieval music or not. There are some traditional gregorian tracks, but even the stuff Horner wrote contains a lot of passages lifted directly from very old ballads. That said, the old stuff combined with Horner´s obviously rather strange and unusual approach, makes it one of his more original scores, with a dark and brooding main theme, and a beautiful end theme that will stay with you for a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

I don't know marselus, but I was talking about what BasilB said and the clips.

I think Marselus too. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    fommes wrote
    lp wrote
    IMO, synthesizer choir chanting latin text works as a subtle thematic device of crossing religion and science.

So THAT's why Zimmer has been using synthesizers all this time. He outsmarted us all!

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    franz_conrad wrote
    This probably isn't the best version of the theme to reference, but I could help but notice a bit of similarity between one of the choral themes in the clips and...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zGlRFg … re=related
    Not that similar, but enough to remind me of another man on a mission for the Vatican. wink

Edit - this was the clip: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 … amp;sr=1-1

You should really listen to that one track from First Born.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Yes. Very.

It's one of the moodiest things I've heard ever, and I'm quite fond of it (though as you might imagine it's not a regular listen wink )

I've always enjoyed his IN THE NAME OF THE ROSE, there are some people who hate it though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote

I don't know marselus, but I was talking about what BasilB said and the clips.

I think Marselus too. tongue

A straight answer to a straight question rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I wish Horner had scored this film, I'd love to have heard some religiousy music from Mr. Horner.

Me too. But even more so JOHN WILLIAMS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Or ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Me too. But even more so JOHN WILLIAMS.

Indeed. There is no...and I mean NO....living composer who can do this better than him.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    fommes wrote
    lp wrote
    IMO, synthesizer choir chanting latin text works as a subtle thematic device of crossing religion and science.

So THAT's why Zimmer has been using synthesizers all this time. He outsmarted us all!

OOOh, a snarky remark... typical. rolleyes