• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/angels_demons.html

OHOHOHOHOHO

Chritian is with us , D! dizzy moon vomit beer
  1. It´s a great review for sure, explaining why this score may appeal to Zimmer enthusiasts or suck for the haters. This well-founded and satisfyingly explored and explained two-sided point of view is what I expect from a good review, because in the end it comes - again - down to taste: If you like this kind of stuff in general and expect something like this, you´ll dig the score. This is exactly the kind of information I would want to have if I were undecided whether to get this or not.

The CD is due to be delivered to me today, and I can´t wait to listen to it. DVC is one of the most often played scores in the house, and I expect A&D to be no different.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nice review, I agree!
  2. Got it. Listened to it. Loved it. Nuff said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Got it. Listened to it. Loved it. Nuff said.

For the sake of this forum, teach Jordi this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    Why should I?

First of all, he loves Zimmer. May his words be praised.

Second, you know this would be another Mission: Impossible. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You know what? I LIKE this score!
    MV Gothic.
    My kinda style! applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Exactly. I want more of this stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    "MV Ghotic" the perfect definition of the score!!!

You have to be a reviewer!
  4. Umm, wrong thread Jordi lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. A good example of a score that benefits from digital downloading - I can sample the tracks that are worth having...

(Equally applicable to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    OK, I have listened to the score: I am a bit disappointed, I thought Hans would be more inspired by the religious surroundings but this time he chose another method and the music is full of synthetized action tracks which I'm not too keen on. I find the album kind of boring (even if it is under 60 minutes), not thematic at all and only the last two tracks sound what I like. So this time, Hans, you failed to impress me. 2 1/2 stars out of 5.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am sure he'll cry his ass to death tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    That's what I'm hoping, too... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw, on the thematic side of things, whilst not as direct, bold and evident as DA VINCI CODE, you can still listen to all the themes from the former within ANGELS AND DEMONS, in disguise, in fragments and renditions, if you listen carefully it's all there smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Btw, on the thematic side of things, whilst not as direct, bold and evident as DA VINCI CODE, you can still listen to all the themes from the former within ANGELS AND DEMONS, in disguise, in fragments and renditions, if you listen carefully it's all there smile

Indeed, only in a way that he would have done in his early days. On the other hand, I still can´t see how the score will fit the visuals, I mean, a film with religious background and a score like that in the same place? I´ll watch the film just to check it out.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. It IS an action movie. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I hope so. The first one was VERY boring. But really, cues like "Fire" or "160 BPM" (that I don´t think it´s gonna be in the movie) are so over the top I can´t imagine how they will fit with the footage. Anyway, I´ll find out tomorrow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    As for the cheap-sounding synthetizers everyone is talking about, I couldn't really spot where the sound so cheap in the score. Actually, I find Jerry Goldsmith's synthetizers much more cheap-sounding in his scores than that of Zimmer's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    keky wrote
    As for the cheap-sounding synthetizers everyone is talking about, I couldn't really spot where the sound so cheap in the score. Actually, I find Jerry Goldsmith's synthetizers much more cheap-sounding in his scores than that of Zimmer's.

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked

He mocked the Holy Goldsmith!

BRING ME THE INFIDEL'S EARS AND TONGUE!

Oh.
    I forgot.
    this isn't FSM. shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    shocked

He mocked the Holy Goldsmith!

BRING ME THE INFIDEL'S EARS AND TONGUE!

Oh.
    I forgot.
    this isn't FSM. shame

Yes, I had the same feeling. but in fact, they was right tongue

PS:Goldsmith synth was in 80's so, it's fair enought. But It's cheap. About angels and demons, how I said, leaving aside some chorus seconds in "air" I can't see any cheap synth. The last Samurai HAS a cheap synth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    keky wrote

Totally agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    keky wrote

In many cases, this is true (mostly in the case of his 80s scores shockingly enough). But Goldsmith was a better composer and could use 'cheap' sounds far better than Zimmer. It's the way Zimmer uses synth in this score that I'm not too keen on. (And, again, this is true for some Goldsmith scores.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote
    keky wrote

Totally agree.

Another point I would make is that Goldsmith's music - particularly from the 60s - sounds like it used really dated recording techniques. I mean, some of that stuff sounds like it was recorded almost 50 years ago!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Then there's that, yes.
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    keky wrote

IMHO the very first track is cheap. Oh, God how cheap it is! biggrin Zimmer! You're lazy cheap ... !

I wonder if for the Sherlock Holmes HZ will utilize same cheap sounding synths dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Funny how some people call "cheap" Zimmer´s synths when I´m sure that "cheap" isn´t exactly the word to describe the devices Zimmer works with. I´m sure I couldn´t even buy the on/off button of any of his stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Unfortunately there are very few other ways to describe it. 'Outdated' doesn't really apply since it is, for all intense and purposes, a modern score. 'Cheap' fits the bill even if the equipment he used was not.
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    Cheap

Synonyms:

bad, base, bogus, catchpenny, cheesy, common, commonplace, crappy*, cruddy, dud, flashy, garbage, garish, glitzy, junky, lousy, mangy, mean, mediocre, meretricious, no bargain, no good, ordinary, paltry, poor, ratty, raunchy, rinky-dink, rotten, rubbishy, scroungy, second-rate, shoddy, sleazy, small-time*, tatty, tawdry, terrible, trashy, trumpery, two-bit, valueless, white elephant*, worthless

biggrin