• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    Sunil wrote
    Yeah! but i don't have that facility in my town. I got only two options either to buy original DVD or go for pirated one. Perhaps i should wait until the telecast on TV. That will do better. Because most of my DVD collections are like that. Nowadays, i don't get time to watch movies in theaters. I either watch it on DVD or on any movie channel. That's all. Thank you for your suggestion.

Yeah, don't go for pirated. Irrespective of the illegal aspect, you also risk ending up with a crappy CAM-version (filmed in the theatre on someone's cell phone or something).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thor,

I know that, but you know i check it before i buy the pirated one. Because i know a shop very well where i can check the disc whether it is CAM version or taken from original source. I don't like CAM version. Honestly speaking, i don't go for pirated, i always like to go for Original. It is always safer. In case, if i don't have any other choice i go for pirated one.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Bregje wrote
    Which scene would that Science & Religion part be?

[spoiler]

Ah! Thanks, I do remember that part. wink
    I don't have the score, yet.

Were there no opening titles or was I just not paying attention in the beginning?

If you mean the actual movie title, if I remember correctly it was shown right at the beginning, after the three or more producing studio names were presented (the beginning of Track 2 on your score CD, if available). If you mean actual credits with actors names and stuff, I think they came at the end of the movie.

Yeah, exactly, I was waiting for the actors and composer and such, but didn't see it. And then when thinking about it, I didn't even remember seeing the title Angels and Demons. I thought it was just a very long intro! Is this getting more common, to skip the credits in the beginning? (I don't see that many movies anymore, so I don't know. I do know that in series these intro scenes get longer and longer before you see the title song or something like that).
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited
    Well, it definitely is a trend to shorten the main titles in TV series. There are still some nice title sequences around, but a lot of series only show a short title sequence and then have the actors´ names fade in and out while the show is already running.

In movies, there always were those who didn´t have more than the movie´s name at the beginning. One of the most famous examples is, of course, Star Wars (while still having proper main title music due to that prologue text scrolling over the silver screen); but there are other movies that start right after showing the title, like The Abyss, or, more recently, The Matrix, Gladiator, and Lord of the Rings.

Personally, I always prefer a well designed main title sequence over a simple title "card", but if that´s done well, I can live with it, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Now that you mention it, I knew about it in the Lord of the Rings. But in those movies I didn't miss it at all.
    Oh well.

Was all music for Angels and Demons original? I thought I heard some Da Vinci Code in the exact same version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited
    If they ever cut LOTR into a thirteen-hour mini-series, they could easily use those fantastic character sketches from RotK´s end credits and use them as main title credits (not unlike those from North & South). They are so beautiful that they alone, combined with the music, could make a Cave Troll well up.

The music from A&D is original. Zimmer reused a lot of thematic material from DVC, but gave it a different treatment, sometimes more, sometimes less different from DVC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    Get the bluray. And a decent sound system. And then the volume way up.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Get the bluray. And a decent sound system. And then the volume way up.

And instead of Angels & Demons, get something good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I thought it was actually pretty entertaining Hollywood fun? I thought you'd like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nothing wrong with it as such, just nothing particularly memorable. I thought it was mind-numbingly bland.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Pretty much like the first film then?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Much more action, some humour to that, better performances from the cast, particularly Hanks and a really good Ewan McGregor.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Much more action, some humour to that, better performances from the cast, particularly Hanks and a really good Ewan McGregor.

I agree. As chase movie, it succeeded though it's not an action movie or thriller by any standard. As an adaptation, it was as good as they could have done it, IMHO, and better than the first movie too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The 2nd is a far tighter and more coherent movie going experience. The score works wonders. If they ever came back for the a third installment, i'd wait in the center row with a large buckit of pop-corn and a huge smile in my face.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The biggest problem I have with these films is the way they make stupid people feel smart. That's a dangerous thing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    How so Steven?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    The biggest problem I have with these films is the way they make stupid people feel smart. That's a dangerous thing.

Indeed, so many moral and scientific errors and misleading in there. Aside that, it was SO fun at the cinema with the score loud all over the place. I see Steven's point though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    How so Steven?

Because I said so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009 edited
    I heard some dudes walking out the cinema and discussing in the vein of "so, that's what Cern and anti-matter really is about, eh...Can it really do all that damage dude?" wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I heard some dudes walking out the cinema and discussing in the vein of "so, that's what Cern and anti-matter really is about, eh...Can it really do all that damage dude?" ? wink

Okay, I get what Steven was on about now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    wink

Exactly. Also, the LHC could destroy us all didn't you know? Yuh, true story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Although yes, they were right to some degree: anti-matter can do a LOT of damage. biggrin (Many times more than nuclear fusion.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FACT! I saw an episode of TOS Star Trek once which was the true story of Kirk meeting his anti-matter self.
  2. Steven wrote

You have no idea. biggrin

Watch this from 5:08 ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY1oRj6opt8
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009
    Why are you so cruel about people's intelligence?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    Just now i visited DVD shop and show the release of Angels & Demons 2 Disc Extended version DVD. Before i purchase it, i would like to ask one thing that is it really worth buying this DVD?. I haven't seen this film in theater. I am awaiting your final opinion on this.

Thank you.

Have a nice day!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's not as good as DA VINCI CODE. More straightforward action mystery.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    In my opinion it is way better than Da Vinci - but it's still far from being a really good movie. For me it was a "one night affair", I don't need to revisit it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Sunil wrote
    Just now i visited DVD shop and show the release of Angels & Demons 2 Disc Extended version DVD.

As far as I heard the extended version is only 7 minutes longer in total.
    The blu-ray release is more interesting as it apparently has this "Hans Zimmer Music Studio in which you can create your own score" feature... whatever that means.
  3. I think that's the same feature that his underlings use to score most of their films...