• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009 edited
    DELETED!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have only blown it out of proportion because of your replies.

I'll simplify it for you:

A score was recorded in 2008. It is being released in 2009.
    Both facts not dependent on opinion. The way we interpret them is.
    We interpret them differently. Therefore we have differing opinions.

No need to get riled up about it.

That couldn't be more simple! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I have only blown it out of proportion because of your replies.

rolleyes

Again, why ask if I Am Legend is eligible if in your opinion it already is? By asking you are looking for a set of rules and regulations as to what is eligible for this Best of 2008 thread. I guess maybe we should contact the person who opened this thread as to what is eligible and what isn't. Then, who cares about anyone's opinion.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Your assumptions about the question are wrong I'm afraid. I did not know exactly when it was released or when it was recorded. I suppose I should have specified and asked "when was I Am Legend recorded?"

Open your mind to philosophy and you'll see there's no need to get so annoyed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    Steven wrote
    Open your mind to philosophy and you'll see there's no need to get so annoyed.

No thanks.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Your loss. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Your loss. wink

Not really.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You certainly have an open mind. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    You certainly have an open mind. biggrin

I do... but I'm not interested.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't doubt it. But it does help with discussions like this (and many more) whether you're interested in it or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I don't doubt it. But it does help with discussions like this (and many more) whether you're interested in it or not.

AUGH!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Point proven.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Point proven.

Give me a break. All I want to discuss in this thread and on this message board is film scores. Take philosophy somewhere else.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Point proven.

Give me a break. All I want to discuss in this thread and on this message board is film scores. Take philosophy somewhere else.

-Erik-

Then you should have chosen your semantics more carefully. I didn't begin with the intention to delve into light philosophy, but you forced me to with your ignorance of what I was attempting to describe.

Philistine. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven - Stop giving into the temptation of replying!
    Erik - Accept Steven's point and carry on with your life!

Now cease!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    shame

Anthony, you are quite right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Then you should have chosen your semantics more carefully. I didn't begin with the intention to delve into light philosophy, but you forced me to with your ignorance of what I was attempting to describe.

Again --> rolleyes I know what you were describing and was rather bored with it because I hear and read the same arguments time and time again when someone gets way too sensitive over the fact that someone else was disagreeing with their arguments or "opinion." cry And it was rather amusing to see you blow something a simple as a Best of 2008 list completely out of proportion. You can continue to blame me for forcing you to get philosophical but I saw it as whining.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik - Accept Steven's point and carry on with your life!

Why should I?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I give up Erik. You're the one getting pissy about it all. The best I can hope for is that if people read this, they can see you for your lack of imagination and closed-mindedness. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...but yeah, I Am Legend is an awesome score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    I give up Erik. You're the one getting pissy about it all. The best I can hope for is that if people read this, they can see you for your lack of imagination and closed-mindedness. wink

Shut up, you're making it worse!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    The best I can hope for is that if people read this, they can see you for your lack of imagination and closed-mindedness. wink

Oh please, Steven. Please.

You obviously don't know the first thing about me. So by not being opening minded about philosophy means I'm not an open minded person? How idiotic. I'm about as open minded of a person as you will get. I just have no interest in philosophy. And by not agreeing with your arguments or opinions doesn't make me close minded.

Stuff it, Steven!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Argumentum ad hominem.

Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Shut up, you're making it worse!!

I know I know... shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    To hell with this, I'm going out.

:walk off:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ok I feel guilty now. I was the one insisting about I Am Legend being a 2008 score. shame
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Well, imagine you first heard it in 2009? You'd be perfectly able to argue it's a 2009 score. It's all relative.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have given this a great deal of thought, and I honestly feel that El Cid was the best score of 2008.

<Sits back with a bag of popcorn and watches the thread implode around him>
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

Well, imagine you first heard it in 2009? You'd be perfectly able to argue it's a 2009 score. It's all relative.

rolleyes

Do you EVER stop?!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    I have given this a great deal of thought, and I honestly feel that El Cid was the best score of 2008.

<Sits back with a bag of popcorn and watcehd the thread implode around him>

biggrin

-Erik-