• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    Hey Thomas ...
    Well , if you are sick and lying 'pretty comfortably' in my 3 persons sofa , one has lots of time to listen to some soundtracks ... wink My fever has broken down a bit , but my cough is still pretty horrendous ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009 edited
    CHRISTOPHER YOUNG - the uninvited

First listen, that main theme is SO addictive. Melodic and gripping, the creepy female vocals carrying on top of that beautiful melody are a nice touch and the use of the orchestra and the choir is - as always with the master of modern horror, excellent.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. NP: King Solomon's Mines - (Jerry Goldsmith)

This is the first time I hear the Promotheus version aka the version assuming to play the correct speed. It doesn't matter a bit to me considering they are both killer listens

I'll say it once more

angry angry THIS IS MUSIC YOU JUST DON'T HEAR ANYMORE TODAY angry angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: August Rush
    I believe both in music and in fairy-tales... I'm a hopless romantic I admit it.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    hello everybody!
    anyone into Charles Band scores?
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    could i recommend the beast of War,by MarK isham on You Tube?
    Fine film,great score!Now playing on You Tube!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You can recommend it by all means. But I won't be using YouTube to listen to it - I'd prefer to enjoy it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP - THE INTERNATIONAL - Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, Reinhold Heil (anyone else?)

A rather low key thriller score that seems like it's afraid to do anything loud. It's never in your face, it never really gets going anywhere, but the end title is quite a good James-Bondian cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    NP - THE INTERNATIONAL - Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, Reinhold Heil (anyone else?)

A rather low key thriller score that seems like it's afraid to do anything loud. It's never in your face, it never really gets going anywhere, but the end title is quite a good James-Bondian cue.

Nice, snoozing background.

N.P. CHRISTOPHER YOUNG - the uninvited

dark, dark , dark, DARK, DARK! I absolutely love this man in this mode and i SO missed it! punk punk

[edited to add] that choral work is CREEPY! Switch the lights off, listen to "Cry of Love" or "The Screaming Bell" LOUD! shocked shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Hans Zimmer

Really rather splendifirous.

For those who don't understand words, I'm listening to POTC:AWE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

dark, dark , dark, DARK, DARK! I absolutely love this man in this mode and i SO missed it! punk punk

[edited to add] that choral work is CREEPY! Switch the lights off, listen to "Cry of Love" LOUD! shocked shocked

I think I'll give this a listen just before I go to bed, as I find that's the best time to listen to horror scores. It relaxes me in some weird twisted way... that I may need to go see a psychiatrist about.
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    again guys!
    May i recommend 1988 Beast of War by Mark Isham!
    Find it on You Tube!
    great film,great score!
    Richard Band's Puppet Master is a fine score too!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    kokodezil wrote
    again guys!
    May i recommend 1988 Beast of War by Mark Isham!

No, you've posted this THREE times now. ONCE is enough. No body wants to listen to scores on YouTube. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    Sorry about the repeating message!
    didn't notice!
    Why not using U Tube?U find thousands of great scores and far more tunes!Then you've got at the same time the music and the pictures!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

[edited to add] that choral work is CREEPY! Switch the lights off, listen to "Cry of Love" LOUD! shocked shocked

I think I'll give this a listen just before I go to bed, as I find that's the best time to listen to horror scores. It relaxes me in some weird twisted way... that I may need to go see a psychiatrist about.

I feel you, really. They are my favorites for relaxing as well; i think it's enough to say that it's the only type of scores i can listen to when i'm studying! And this one, man, it's creepy as hell! But be sure to play it loud when you do for the first time, otherwise you'll miss all the brilliantly chilling ambiance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    kokodezil wrote
    Sorry about the repeating message!
    didn't notice!
    Why not using U Tube?U find thousands of great scores and far more tunes!Then you've got at the same time the music and the pictures!

'Cause the sound quality sucks. You can't listen to music in crappy bitrates as that!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You didn't notice that you posted something three times? rolleyes shame

I do not like listening to scores on Youtube because they are often available in much better quality on CD.
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    if u say so,Christo!But that's probably the largest database u can find on the Net and again,u get the pictures AND the sound!
    TRy Puppet Master,will u!Ever heard of it?u know Richard Band?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    kokodezil wrote
    if u say so,Christo!But that's probably the largest database u can find on the Net and again,u get the pictures AND the sound!

Sound at a severely reduced quality. If I want the images with the music, I'll go and watch the movie.

Do yourself a favour, go ask the nurse if you can be let out for a few hours, go to a CD store and buy some albums.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You might as well watch the movie if you want to listen to the score and see the picture. Which again, on DVD will both be in much better quality than Youtube.
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    I'm sorry Steven!I don't see why i should go out,waste some money,paying for albums,when i can get evrything for free,in not such a bad quality,usually,and again getting both the score AND the pictures!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because you can pay money, own a copy, AND have it in good quality?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Whatever makes you happy. Just keep in mind most folk around here do not have the desire to use YouTube.
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    I don't find the quality on You Tube to be that bad Anthony!It's not that outstanding for sure,but it's still better than nothing!Do me a favour,try the Beast of War,!ever saw it,ever heard the score?Then try it! kiss kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    and SUPPORT what you like, i.e. Film music and music in general instead of watching crappy copies of it for free?
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    I'll remember that Steven! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Star Trek: Generations - Dennis McCarthy

Breathtaking! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Put as much money as you can into the industry as if soundtrack sales dry up then no more soundtracks. Simple as that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

Btw, playing it very LOUD gives it a lot of advantage, i noticed on my 3rd listen wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Nice, snoozing background.

[edited to add] that choral work is CREEPY! Switch the lights off, listen to "Cry of Love" or "The Screaming Bell" LOUD! shocked shocked

Told ya! wink punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you