• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009
    NP : Jerry Goldsmith

On Erik's radio show cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

Sweet! beer Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    First Blood Jerry Goldsmith

Luckily I have a wide selection of Goldsmith albums on my iPod as I'm at the library at the moment.

...and good god in heaven there are some cute bookworms in here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote

Me too! cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ROQUE BANOS - Las 13 Rosas

Absolutely gorgeous, from start to finish.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : The Mummy - Jerry Goldsmith

In remembrance of Jerry ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    ROQUE BANOS - Las 13 Rosas

Absolutely gorgeous, from start to finish.

Amen to that.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : POLTERGEIST - Jerry Goldsmith

Pure greatness.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Leviathan - Jerry Goldsmith

spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Eric wrote

spin

Underrated effort! Those whale sounds are haunting and the last cue is a gem!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Erik Woods wrote
    Eric wrote

spin

Underrated effort! Those whale sounds are haunting and the last cue is a gem!

-Erik-

An excellent score ...

And the last track , 'A Lot Better' - like you said is FAB ! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Total Recall - Jerry Goldsmith

punk
  1. I played a random selection of my favourite tracks from my Jerry Goldsmith collection:

"Track 01" - The Twilight Zone: The Fever
    "Main Title" - Tora! Tora! Tora!
    "Remus" - Star Trek: Nemesis
    "Theme" - The Ghost and The Darkness
    "Main Title" - 100 Rifles
    "Charcot's Show" - Freud
    "Theme" - Papillon
    "Main Title" - Star Trek: Voyager
    "All In Vain" - Night Crossing
    "Valhalla/Viking Victory" - The 13th Warrior

I thought that this was a characteristically varied selection and I could have had a dozen such selections that would have been just as good.

Jerry, you live on through your music.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. NP: Hannibal Rising (Ilan Eshkeri)

When I last heard this music, it wasn't by Ilan Eshkeri, and it wasn't called Hannibal Rising. What was it, and who wrote it? (And more importantly, was this score in the temp for that one, or was that one in the temp track for this?)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009
    I was Playing : Transformers (Jablo)

I'm obsessed with this score the last couple of days.

I think it fits the movie perfectly. The new generation electronics for giant robots machines, mixed with power symphonic anthems for the epic of the story.

Zimmer invented the sound in Gladiator, he used it in M:I 2, then he put in his maximum expresion in BHD. Jablonsky did additional music for bad Boys 2 using this sound, Bay love it, Jabllonsky was hired to score The Island and Transformers dizzy

NP: Rambo III

Thanks Jerry For your music. I never will forget your Concert in Barcelona.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Jerry, you live on through your music.

Which is exactly why I don't really 'miss' him. I never met him, so how can I miss him? As sad as his death was, the only thing that has changed since 5 years ago, from a fan's point of view, is the lack of new Goldsmith scores. And considering his post-millennium scores, still good though they were, were not a scratch on his older material, it lessened the disappointment of not hearing a new Goldsmith score. I'm probably sounding very cold here, but I'm just putting a little perspective into the whole matter.

Long live Goldsmith's music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    I was Playing : Transformers (Jablo)

Zimmer invented the sound in Gladiator, he used it in M:I 2, then he put in his maximum expresion in BHD. Jablonsky did additional music for bad Boys 2 using this sound, Bay love it, Jabllonsky was hired to score The Island and Transformers dizzy

Very accurate explanation indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Sea Hawk (Morgon/Stromberg) Erich Wolfgang Korngold

Now here's another composer I would love to have met! love
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

Go to the orchid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote

Go to the orchid.

biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Played today:

Atlantis - James Newton Howard:

back when I bought this CD (for very cheap) it didn't make a big impression on me. I gave it a spin again and now I found it great. The majestic melodies with the choir in the last five tracks are beautiful!

Hart's War - Rachel Portman:

it was my first experience with this score and at first listen I would give it 3 or 4 stars. The main theme is great and there are some nice additional melodies but the score as a whole is a bit repetitive (it was not the first time that I became sleepy while listening to a Portman score...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Brothers Grimm Dario Marianelli

Imagine a cross between Danny Elfman and Jerry Goldsmith's styles scoring Lord of The Rings minus the emotional themes, and this is perhaps what it would have sounded like.

Still the most impressive Marianelli score I've heard, it's fantastic! So well suited to a Gilliam movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within Elliot Goldenthal

For the love of god come back to scoring films Goldenthal!
  3. Red Planet (Graeme Revell & Other Artists)

Very psychedelic album with enough Revell / Shapplin goodness to feed my hunger for haunting vocal cues. And the other songs ain't too shabby either. This is definitely not your average song soundtrack album and one I can always get into at anytime of the day. I guess Red Planet is much better remembered for its musical than for its cinematic qualities.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Call of Duty 3 - Joel Goldsmith

Excellent stuff and I looove that Main Title ! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Red Planet (Graeme Revell & Other Artists)

Very psychedelic album with enough Revell / Shapplin goodness to feed my hunger for haunting vocal cues. And the other songs ain't too shabby either. This is definitely not your average song soundtrack album and one I can always get into at anytime of the day. I guess Red Planet is much better remembered for its musical than for its cinematic qualities.

One of my very favourite "chill-out" albums....great stuff!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Brothers Grimm Dario Marianelli

Imagine a cross between Danny Elfman and Jerry Goldsmith's styles scoring Lord of The Rings minus the emotional themes, and this is perhaps what it would have sounded like.

Still the most impressive Marianelli score I've heard, it's fantastic! So well suited to a Gilliam movie.

Good score, just a shame the once great Gilliam's film is pants!
  4. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Red Planet (Graeme Revell & Other Artists)

One of my very favourite "chill-out" albums....great stuff!

Still chilling out to it Timmer. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009 edited
    NP: Final Fantasy Spirit Within (Goldenthal)

When I listen this score I really imagine how big was the creation of the Universe.

So dark, so Misterious, So epic.....so BIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiig!

"race to the old new york" is fantastic, "Flight to the wasteland" mindblowing, "the kiss" lovely and "adagio and transfiguration" one of the cues of the century.

I remember when I heard "toccata and dreamscape" for the first time... dizzy

I will Play: Weather Man (Zimmer)

Zimme playing to be Martinez! I love it.

I wonder how much of this score is from Zimmer, and How much from Levine ( Some cues ares very similar to his score for Nip Tuck)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Hannibal Rising (Ilan Eshkeri)

When I last heard this music, it wasn't by Ilan Eshkeri, and it wasn't called Hannibal Rising. What was it, and who wrote it? (And more importantly, was this score in the temp for that one, or was that one in the temp track for this?)

I don't know. But i like that score, very well-built, and thematic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.