• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009
    Actually, the toilet is one of the best places to think of melodies! cheesy
  1. NP: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore

Awesome opportunity for Howard Shore, and he did a wonderful job with it! I'm surprised it didn't catapult him into super stardom like what happened with James Horner's Titanic. A far superior score by Howard. But I guess those were different times. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Most people I know have heard about Shore? I think it got him pretty darn famous actually - at least here in Britain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

I am sure this is where Goldsmith came up with his synth scores all these years biggrin tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

I am sure this is where Goldsmith came up with his synth scores all these years biggrin tongue

DEATH TO THE INFIDEL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

DEATH TO THE INFIDEL!

SALAM ALEKOUM!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    You never know where composers find their inspiration ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOHAN SODERQVIST - Let the right one in.

Immensely beautiful, this man can write heartwarming themes and melodies in the most unexpected places.

Indeed. "Eli´s Theme" is so BEAUTIFUL I could listen to it the whole day. Top notch scoring.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. NP: SEEKER: THE DARK IS RISING (Christophe Beck)

Fantasy score that doesn't pack too many thrilling epic moments, but the ones that are used do provide some wonderful moments
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Eric wrote
    NP : The Lost Empire / Retribution - Alan Howarth (Silva Screen - FILMCD 068)

The movie 'The Lost Empire' is somewhat a guilty pleasure of mine .
    It's one of those sooo bad films , they're good ... biggrin
    And I love Howarth's synth soundtrack that accompanies it ...

I came across these scores when I was checking new titles as digital downloads. I really enjoy The Lost Empire.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Aladdin - Alan Menken

Sometimes you just need a bit of Menken in your life. This is one such time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Aladdin - Alan Menken

As you said it: (...) you need (...)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME - Maurice Jarre

After instantly skipping the horrific 1980's power anthems belted out by Ms Turnip we get straight to the meat which is Jarre's fabulous score cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. NP: 25th Hour - Terence Blanchard

I'm listening to the "Finale" from this score at the moment and, as usual, I'll be crying by the end of it. It's one of the most emotionally charged piece of music I've ever heard. For me, it's just so sad and brings back all the sadness that's touched me over the years.

But it also has an element of hope and determination that gets me through to the other side of this piece of music.

One of the tracks that reminds me why I love film music so much - and why I'll trawl through some (what I consider) rubbish being released for a nugget of excellence.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

After instantly skipping the horrific 1980's power anthems belted out by Ms Turnip we get straight to the meat which is Jarre's fabulous score cool

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO!

Not even Martijn in spandex and a cape!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Southall wrote
    Aladdin - Alan Menken

Agree biggrin

NP: Ice Age: The Meltdown -John Powell
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE CHASE - John Barry

One I don't play often enough, it's a damn fine score.
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: 25th Hour - Terence Blanchard

I'm listening to the "Finale" from this score at the moment and, as usual, I'll be crying by the end of it. It's one of the most emotionally charged piece of music I've ever heard. For me, it's just so sad and brings back all the sadness that's touched me over the years.

But it also has an element of hope and determination that gets me through to the other side of this piece of music.

One of the tracks that reminds me why I love film music so much - and why I'll trawl through some (what I consider) rubbish being released for a nugget of excellence.

It's a powerful scene/sequence from the film as well.

I get a sense from your post that you haven't found much joy in film music lately?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009 edited
    NP : CAPTAIN KRONOS : VAMPIRE HUNTER - Laurie Johnson

Fantastic score and with a theme...a REAL honest to goodness meaty THEME that sticks in your head.
  6. franz_conrad wrote
    I get a sense from your post that you haven't found much joy in film music lately?

It's more a statement of a general quantity-over-quality state of things. There's definitely stuff that is very rewarding but it can be quite difficult hunting it down.

I do have to admit though that for the past few months I've been addicted to random playing my favourite tracks on my mp3 player which means that I have not been listening to very many scores all the way through. I think that over the last few weeks the only "new" CDs I've listened to all the way through are A History of Scotland and Battleforge.
  7. I too have many things unwrapped and awaiting a listen.

NP: Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (Hisaishi)

Between this and I Want to be a shellfish, it's been a wonderful year for Joe Hisaishi. He could do a wonderful fantasy animation score in his sleep.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote

Fantastic score and with a theme...a REAL honest to goodness meaty THEME that sticks in your head.

Dead on the money there Tim! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Aladdin - Alan Menken

Really? I just call it brainwashing-when-you're-an-innocent-kid-and-you-know-nothing-other-than-Disney. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Aladdin - Alan Menken

Really? I just call it brainwashing-when-you're-an-innocent-kid-and-you-know-nothing-other-than-Disney. dizzy

I couldn't stand the stuff until I was in my late-20s. No brainwashing for me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    RUDY | jerry goldsmith

cheesy cool smile punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Transformers (Jablo)

I love this ultimate high-tech sound.

Deleting some of the power anthems ( too much and too generic, "optimus" or "the all spark" ) you have a great album!

"Sam to the roof" beer I love when the decepticons theme appears!

"frenzy" is deliciously dissonant.

(Anyway, All this Jabloknsky scores are Zimmer's "injection" with testosterone )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    Timmer wrote

Dead on the money there Tim! beer

smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    We sure drink a lot of beer around here! biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    We sure drink a lot of beer around here! biggrin beer

I'll drink to that beer