• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Damn damn damn!

It'll be for another time. I suggest the ones who can't join Ubeda, come to Ghent! wink

indeed, it will be equally good, just not so spectacular tongue

ALL film music concerts are spectacular: Úbeda, Madrid, Ghent, wherever wink

On the other hand, Giacchino´s part of the concert will be as it follows:

1.- Star Trek "End Credits"
    2.- Suite of "Ratatouille + Up"
    3.- Suite of "Lost"
    4.- Cloverfield "Roar!"

So Roar! will be the last cue of the whole concert. The perfect finale.

Well Williams' concert was pretty spectacular yes tongue
    But having some rousing Giacchino material? Well I'm game if that ever comes to Gent smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    Giacchino has been performed at Ghent once. The fabulous LOST suite premiered at the WSA, and The Incredibles made it on 2 different concerts.

Ghent is spectacular too! Don't underestimate the festival Thomas.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote

I´ve never attended it, but I´m sure it is great too. At least judging from the videos and pics I´ve seen (specially the videos).
    And wasn´t Zimmer´s first live performance in Ghent?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Bregt wrote
    Giacchino has been performed at Ghent once. The fabulous LOST suite premiered at the WSA, and The Incredibles made it on 2 different concerts.

since when do I underestimate Gent buddy? cheesy
    And yes 2 suites of LOST and Incredibles where spectacular

but it makes you crave for more smile
  3. Marselus wrote
    And wasn´t Zimmer´s first live performance in Ghent?

yep I was there, and it was amazing punk
  4. Tenerife Film Music Festival has announced the new line-up.

www.fimucite.com

I think this is one of the most amazing websites for a film music festival I ever saw. Not too much guest composers this year but very interesting concerts programme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
    You can create a separate thread for the festival Armin. No problem.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    Rombi´s pieces confirmed:

Joyeux Noël - "Hymne Des Fraternisés"
    Angel - "Main Theme" - "Overture"
    Un Homme et Son Chien - "Main Theme"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    :faint:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    biggrin

Wish I could be there.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009
    Updates:

Bruno Coulais won´t be able to attend the festival; the recording sessions of his Lucky Luke score have been moved to the weekend of the Congress.

Wataru Hokoyama will attend the Congress, and his "Africa" score will be performed in the symphonic concert.

Alfons Conde, Zeltia Montes, Pascal Gaigne and Alejandro Vivas are also new guests.

Most of the nominees to the Jerry Goldsmith Award will also be there.
  5. It would be nice to hear the Afrika score live, so for anyone who's going, you enjoy yourselves
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009 edited
    Final programme (general programme, recital and symphonic concert) finally available
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    Couldn't they find a better photo of the Afrika dude? He looks retarded there.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009 edited
    So...Marcel/Jordi, we've a week to go but we've no plans as to what to do in between talks/conferences etc.

What day are you guys arriving? I expect to get there around lunchtime/early afternoon on the Wednesday and I'll be departing on the Sunday after the CD signing. We're in the same hotel so is there a bar or somewhere we can meet at a set time and head out to get food and drink?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    So...Marcel/Jordi, we've a week to go but we've no plans as to what to do in between talks/conferences etc.

What day are you guys arriving? I expect to get there around lunchtime/early afternoon on the Wednesday and I'll be departing on the Sunday after the CD signing. We're in the same hotel so is there a bar or somewhere we can meet at a set time and head out to get food and drink?

I will not go.

I had some kind of "problem" in my job, and my "bosses" decided to move " the 12 sportive hours" event to Ubeda's week!

I'm "obligated" to assist.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I will not go.

I had some kind of "problem" in my job, ad my "bosses" decided to move " the 12 sportive hours" event to Ubeda's week!

I'm "obligated" to assist.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I can only imagine what kind of problems were those wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

The original plan was to get there thursday afternoon, but with Jordi not coming I´ve had to rearrange the whole thing and won´t be there until friday afternoon. If all goes well I´ll be there for the Chris Young conference (if it is like the one in Madrid during Soncinemad 2006, you don´t wanna miss it). We can meet after the conference in the concert courtyard?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    I had some kind of "problem" in my job, and my "bosses" decided to move " the 12 sportive hours" event to Ubeda's week!

"12 Sportive Hours".... at least I hope you enjoy dozens of juicy MILF´s bringing their kids to the event. Take pictures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pf. Pictures? Take undies!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

"12 Sportive Hours".... at least I hope you enjoy dozens of juicy MILF´s bringing their kids to the event. Take pictures.

130 persons has already done the inscripcion for this event.

sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    130? That makes at least 60-70 possible mommies. Yummy! lick lick
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    The original plan was to get there thursday afternoon, but with Jordi not coming I´ve had to rearrange the whole thing and won´t be there until friday afternoon. If all goes well I´ll be there for the Chris Young conference (if it is like the one in Madrid during Soncinemad 2006, you don´t wanna miss it). We can meet after the conference in the concert courtyard?

Yeah ok, see you in the courtyard then. (Shall we meet by the seemingly-empty vending machines if they're still there?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

Yeah ok, see you in the courtyard then. (Shall we meet by the seemingly-empty vending machines if they're still there?)

Ok! (if they are not there, the fountain is our additional meeting point).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote

I have NO idea what you're saying, but I gather you won't be able to go.
    Really sorry to hear that, Jordi. I understand you were looking forward to it. sad

Marselus wrote
    130? That makes at least 60-70 possible mommies. Yummy! lick lick

Yummy mummies? uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn Jordi, how unfortunate! You did already pay everything or how will you arrange that? confused
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

Ok! (if they are not there, the fountain is our additional meeting point).

Ten four rubber duck. Now I know you're a secret agent I need to brush up on my espionage skills.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marcel, will you be attending the CD signing this time? I don't know what to take so I'll probably do like when Powell went and take absolutely everything. I think the must-haves to get signed by Giacchino have to be The Incredibles, Lost Season 4 and something else....Ratatouille...MI3...Star Trek...I can't choose! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009
    Yes I´ll be attending the CD signing. I´ll take, without a doubt, Secret Weapons Over Normandy (a favourite of mine among all Giacchino´s music) and Roque Baños in Concert (Córdoba, September 2008) that I´ll buy there and that I highly recommend.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009
    Damn it, I forgot SWON, you're making this choice even harder now!

I wish they'd let you mix and match so I could get tons of Giacchino signed, and my one CD for Hokoyama.