• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    Well, when you play outside more than half the sound is gone and the same goes for reflections which are crucial to a place's sound quality. But i am glad the concert was good, especially glad for Rombi!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hadn't heard any of Rombi's music before, but he is shocked cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Finally, a pic of Anthony biggrin cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think Marcel has a really bad group pic with me, him and his friend Alex with Giacchino. They both look happy but I'm wetting myself as I'm just about to introduce myself to him!

But actually he was the nicest guy ever. He seemed very happy with the site, signed my entire CD collection and gave me contact details of his assistant. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, so you talked! I am sure you're at the 7th heaven now!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin

Well, I have a funny story which is actually the last memory I'll have of the festival before we came home.

My own mother managed to get kicked out of the CD signing. Yes, you read that correctly. My own mother got kicked out of the CD signing. Not a crazed fan, but the person who probably knew the least about film music there.

She was happily talking with the composers and I'd just spoken with Giacchino and had gone to the back of the room as she was finishing up. I'll never know what really happened, but apparently she was talking to Claudio Simonetti (who was next to Doyle & Giacchino) and said "I'd never heard your music before (the concert) as I haven't watched any horror movies but I thought it was fantastic". There's nothing wrong with that is there? Doyle then kicked off saying "That's so rude! You're a really patronising woman! I want you out! Get out!" and then a couple of the organisers showed her to the door. I of course then had the biggest wtf look on my face as Doyle just started shouting at her.

I then though "Fantastic, Michael's going to think my family is a bunch of lunatics" but Andrea Datzman was very sweet and said "Don't worry, Mike doesn't care".

It was all very bizarre as Doyle seemed very pleasant over the days there including when I spoke with him minutes before the above took place.

One of the strangest and most nerve-wracking experiences of my life!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ARE YOU SERIOUS? I wasn't there and i don't know what happened obviously, but if my mother was treated like that for such a stupid reason where she obviously didn't mean anything bad, at all, i'd get really pissed. Shame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh and i am the only one who hasn't have a fudging clue who Claudio Simonetti is? uhm
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Another funny story actually...

...on the first day I went down to the pool and was having a swim. There was this guy there who kept looking at me and said "Hi". I thought "Huh? Who's this?" as people rarely just say "Hi" out of the blue at a swimming pool.

Lo and behold when I went to Simonetti's talk later that day it turned out to be him. biggrin

Even when my mother was clearly talking to him and Doyle kicked off, I think even Claudio had a wtf-is-Doyle-doing look on his face.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    ARE YOU SERIOUS? I wasn't there and i don't know what happened obviously, but if my mother was treated like that for such a stupid reason where she obviously didn't mean anything bad, at all, i'd get really pissed. Shame.

She was getting all the composers autographs in the programme nextto their mini-bios and whatever happened with Doyle cost me Rombi's and Banos' signatures. Even if there was just a misunderstanding I was very unimpressed with how Doyle handled the situation.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    shocked

I wonder if Doyle's serious health problem from a few years ago had anything to do with the outburst?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, it's not logical at all.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    We'll never know, it was all very strange as minutes before he had been talking to my mother and me and very polite to both of us. He was happy to see some Brits there and was saying it was a shame I didn't talk to him earlier as his son was there who's a similar age. And then that happened out of nowhere...
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Anthony wrote
    biggrin

Well, I have a funny story which is actually the last memory I'll have of the festival before we came home.

My own mother managed to get kicked out of the CD signing. Yes, you read that correctly. My own mother got kicked out of the CD signing. Not a crazed fan, but the person who probably knew the least about film music there.

She was happily talking with the composers and I'd just spoken with Giacchino and had gone to the back of the room as she was finishing up. I'll never know what really happened, but apparently she was talking to Claudio Simonetti (who was next to Doyle & Giacchino) and said "I'd never heard your music before (the concert) as I haven't watched any horror movies but I thought it was fantastic". There's nothing wrong with that is there? Doyle then kicked off saying "That's so rude! You're a really patronising woman! I want you out! Get out!" and then a couple of the organisers showed her to the door. I of course then had the biggest wtf look on my face as Doyle just started shouting at her.

I then though "Fantastic, Michael's going to think my family is a bunch of lunatics" but Andrea Datzman was very sweet and said "Don't worry, Mike doesn't care".

It was all very bizarre as Doyle seemed very pleasant over the days there including when I spoke with him minutes before the above took place.

One of the strangest and most nerve-wracking experiences of my life!

That's insane!
    I thought you were pulling our legs at first.
    What a jerk. Respect for him as a person just kind of dropped down to nill.

The only way I could see him getting upset is if after fantastic she smirked at him and said, "Except for you." wink

Maybe he has some mommy issues...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marcel (when you arrive back home) - did Chris Young like your bottle of Absinthe? drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm completely flabbergasted.
    And I really like his music tooo. sad

So sorry for your mum, Anthony.
    That must have been harrowing!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's... crazy? I've met Doyle before at a concert in London, and he seemed so down to earth and nice??

Anthony wrote

Me (for Steven)

Sweet Jesus in heaven I have a face to put to the name! shocked

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh and i am the only one who hasn't have a fudging clue who Claudio Simonetti is? uhm

Doesn't he play for AC Milan?
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    That's... crazy? I've met Doyle before at a concert in London, and he seemed so down to earth and nice??

Apart from this incident he seemed really nice and was quite the comedian!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    shocked

I wonder if Doyle's serious health problem from a few years ago had anything to do with the outburst?

Leukemia isn't always treated with radiopherapy, it can in some cases be treated with pharmaceutical drugs and may sometimes need a bonemarrow transplant. I don't know to what extent how serious Doyle's leukemia was but I know for a fact from personal experience that various drug treatments can cause personality disorders and dependency.
    Is he still using drug treatments??

We'll not know the answers but I'm desperately trying to make sense of something that sounds insane.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's odd and quite disturbing indeed.

(And a bit saddening sad )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    Maybe the fact that he had slept only three hours the night before had something to do with the whole thing. Anyway, unforgivable and inexcusable.

Just got back from Úbeda, tired, very tired, more soon. But nice and unforgettable anecdotes of the chats, drinks and dinners with the composers.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    REPORTS & PHOTOS! punk
  2. Yeah!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Triple that! Tomorrow, you have work to do smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Triple that! Tomorrow, you have work to do smile

cry

Yeah ok, I'll start editing my video today. I have nearly 2 hours worth of footage! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So you should be done in two hours then?

wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There'll be a lot of rubbish footage I'm sure! And a lot of it I'll just turn into MP3s anyway. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    Rubbish footage?
    Disappointing, young Anthony.
    I shall request my money back.