• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Not for Demetris, Erik and Steven for sure smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Did Chris Young have the absinthe eventually??

Yes, we kept the bottle safe until the end of the concert and then properly delivered it to Young.

Now the story: my friend Alex and I were having dinner, Young shows up, sits with us and, after some talking, he asks if we knew where to buy a bottle of tequila. We asked a restaurant´s waiter and they hadn´t tequila. But they had absinthe. It seemed ok to Young, so he bought the bottle. As he had to go to the concert, we kept the bottle with us (unsealed, I promise) until it was delivered to Young.

Anthony wrote
    And we laughed about this in Spain, but out of my parents, Marcel and his friend Alex, the only one of us that didn't manage to get into the rehearsals was the private detective.

Indeed. I left the rehearsal for a couple of minutes to talk to one of the organisers and when I came back they didn´t let me in cry

Martijn wrote
    Marcel: .... PWNED!

crazy

Anthony wrote
    Marcel, just so you know, Alex and I discussed trying to come out and get you, but we couldn't risk not being able to get back in ourselves!

Yes I know, Alex texted me, but I responded not to worry about it; actually I was so tired from the night before that I went to the hotel to have some sleep. I enjoyed all the videos from the rehearsals once I woke up though!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Marcel, what twitter page has photos of the Madrid rehearsals?

Here we go
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Btw, I did ask Giacchino what happened to his beard.

He said it fell off. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thanks for the stories and anecdotes Marcel and Ant. While I had tons of fun this weekend in Ghent, I had to think that Ubeda was even more exciting.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've had to resort to editing my film on Windows Movie Maker as Adobe Premier refuses to work with my footage. sad slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Thanks for the stories and anecdotes Marcel and Ant. While I had tons of fun this weekend in Ghent, I had to think that Ubeda was even more exciting.

Really, you HAVE to come next year. You don´t believe it until you´ve lived it.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote
    biggrin

Well, I have a funny story which is actually the last memory I'll have of the festival before we came home.

My own mother managed to get kicked out of the CD signing. Yes, you read that correctly. My own mother got kicked out of the CD signing. Not a crazed fan, but the person who probably knew the least about film music there.

She was happily talking with the composers and I'd just spoken with Giacchino and had gone to the back of the room as she was finishing up. I'll never know what really happened, but apparently she was talking to Claudio Simonetti (who was next to Doyle & Giacchino) and said "I'd never heard your music before (the concert) as I haven't watched any horror movies but I thought it was fantastic". There's nothing wrong with that is there? Doyle then kicked off saying "That's so rude! You're a really patronising woman! I want you out! Get out!" and then a couple of the organisers showed her to the door. I of course then had the biggest wtf look on my face as Doyle just started shouting at her.

I then though "Fantastic, Michael's going to think my family is a bunch of lunatics" but Andrea Datzman was very sweet and said "Don't worry, Mike doesn't care".

It was all very bizarre as Doyle seemed very pleasant over the days there including when I spoke with him minutes before the above took place.

One of the strangest and most nerve-wracking experiences of my life!

well, I never thought Patrick Doyle could be like that
    I saw him once live, looked like a real fine gentleman

but now shame

Well, I really think that Patrick Doyle is a very nice person. I had several chats with him during the days in Úbeda and he always had a joke at hand and really interesting things to say. Beside, I was surprised how very patient and generous the composers were during the very long signing-session (in the very end, somewhere around five hours).

The reason I heard for Doyles loss of temper where actually a bit different (sorry, Anthony, I don't want to insult you or your mother here in any way), than told so far. But I didn't get the details of the conversation, just saw, what happend, and listend to one of the involved persons in the "aftermath".
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    So what happened exactly as I'm still trying to work it out? I was at the back of the room when it occurred and it looked like he'd just snapped. Who did you listen to as well? biggrin confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Why the funniest years are when I don't go ? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Lost
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Lost

I love the Iphone revolution! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Enterprising Young Men (Star trek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nice! smile
    Your own recordings?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BSO Spirit Hymn (Aritz Villodas) The Spirit of Úbeda!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Nice! smile
    Your own recordings?

No, just found them in youtube.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony

Actually it's the last three minutes of the end credits. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's my fault, I'm a freak. shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Lost in Úbeda
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Lost in Úbeda

Love it! cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hate it. biggrin kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Why? It's a great pic cool

And Marcel, where do you store you're beer??? spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Da dudes! cool
    Excellent pic!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    So...for the recital there's going to be an unfair amount of Rombi compared to the other composers in my video...

I hope that's not an issue!

Are you kidding? that's great news!

Timmer wrote
    Big name = Big money

I have the impression that Chris Young is an equally big name with Elfman.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks for the excellent reports guys! Seems like you had a wonderful time and that's all that matters!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And that pic with Anthony and Marcel together is a real WIN! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No way is Young in the same league as Elfman ( in terms of what they can command money wise )