• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Exactly.
    The Crazy Lady anecdote.

Good title for a short film.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Now that you mention Giacchino, you haven´t said you spoke witht he guy (and I have a photo that proves it) and that he knew about your work!

He DID?!? shocked MAJOR COOLNESS POINTS, Anthony! wine wine champagne
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Now that you mention Giacchino, you haven´t said you spoke witht he guy (and I have a photo that proves it) and that he knew about your work!

He did!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's the really bad photo though! Don't ruin it as we're apparently both on top form with the previous one! wink

Giacchino was the absolute nicest guy ever. And he was so incredibly normal. I'm not saying I didn't expect him to be, but people (especially actors or other famous people) that are respected like that sometimes can develop a bit of an ego. But he was just like another massive film music fan, who also happened to write fantastic music and be one of the most popular people there!

Speaking of the site, thank you Michael! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    He did!

Crazy mother anecdote!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Cool!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    This, aside, i've been watching the videos and whilst the performance level is much, much better than previous years with some very impressive parts, still i am not sure that the inclusion of choir into everything is a very good idea. The LOST suite, for instance, its original character was completely changed...any ideas?

Now that you mention it, I have to say that on sunday afternoon there was a Farewell Concert by the Municipal Band which was closer in spirit to the original sound of Lost. I mean it was a smaller orchestra, without choir and what´s more important, they performed the Oceanic´s Six Theme! (which wasn´t included in the symphonic suite). "Landing Party" from season 4 precisely.

My point exactly. While I do think that the performance of the Municipal Band had quite some mistakes in it, I also thought that it fits the mood of "Lost" a bit better than the, for me, too glorious and nobel sounding symphonic version with choir.
    I still liked to listen to it, but it more felt like an alternative "Lost"-sound than the one you're getting on the soundtrack albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    He did!

Crazy mother anecdote!!

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote

Niiiiiice! biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's not just that though, he (happily), willingly signed everything. shocked

I still can't quite believe it! :giacchino-hug:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I saw all of Ant´s covers. They were A LOT.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Also (I forgot you were smart enough to avoid the awards Marcel), Desplat and James Newton Howard had filmed little video clips that accompanied their wins for best score (Benjamin Button) and best composer (JNH). smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I forgot you were smart enough to avoid the awards Marcel

Sorry I didn´t warn you!

Anthony wrote
    Desplat and James Newton Howard had filmed little video clips that accompanied their wins for best score (Benjamin Button) and best composer (JNH)

Did you record those video clips?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    'Fraid not. They were the "we wish we could be there but we are busy working but hopefully we will see you next year" type things. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    He did!

Crazy mother anecdote!!

Imagine in a few months where we will be able to say "hey, remember when Anthony's mom was thrown out by Patrick Doyle?"

Surely not an everyday story.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Yeah lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. I had a lot of fun reading through your experiences in Ubeda. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

I'm really wishing now that I'd gone. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Marselus wrote

He did!

Incredible! Boy Giacchino shaved looks like a 15 year old! And Anthony, congrats on the recognition my friend; it's great to see that you work is being genuinely acknowledged by a man such as Giacchino, and in this warm, heartfelt way. This, ladies and gents, is another reason why - apart the truly great music, Giacchino is one of the top: character; not everyone carries it, at best, and some are even pricks, at worst.

Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Niiiiiice! biggrin

Nice! See my points above smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Yeah, would like to meet him one day smile
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    Anthony wrote

Great, now I have family trust issues!

Hi Anthony, never had this intention.
    all best wishes
  4. We know that smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Roar!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    I think Roar was definitely the best Giacchino performance. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    I've been watching the rehearsal videos Anthony posted, and even from the poor sound quality of conventional cameras / youtube, still it's clearly evident that the Ubeda Organization committee SHOULD CHANGE THE LIVE CONCERT PLACE ASAP! The place's acoustics destroy, cancel or suck up half the power and energy of the performances!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    the Ubeda Organization committee SHOULD CHANGE THE LIVE CONCERT PLACE ASAP!

Say, to Paris or Antwerp, for example.
  5. Hellrasier at Ubeda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aybTn9jrgX0

:goosebumps:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Excellent!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Great videos! Thanks for sharing!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!