• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sounds similar with and like the main difference between the superior Thessaloniki, where i live, and Athens, the graceless capital!

When I go to Greece it will be to Thessaloniki beer

Of course you'll be here drinking with your buddy! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Lets hope that pleasure one day comes true cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Can I come too?

How kick ass'd that be!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    We all need to start entering the Euromillions and use our inevitable winnings to fund this meeting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    When I go to Greece it will be to Sparta
    for reasons no mortal here will be able to fathom
    in less than one/fourth of a second
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. She's taken, though!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Took you more than one/fourth of a second, though!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Most of the time between you writing your and me writing my message I spent in another threads, though!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm sure you do, you dawg! wink
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    ...Madrid is ours. biggrin

If it is then something needs to be said so that decisions can be made! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    Isn't Ubeda near two airports?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No, it's two hours from Granada and about three hours from Madrid. I'm taking the second option this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I know my friend shame I wish it was entirely upon me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I know my friend shame I wish it was entirely upon me.

So D, if you are at liberty to talk, why didn´t Soncinemad take place last year (and I assume this year neither)? I mean, the first two years were a success! It´s unbeliabable that a festival that takes place in THE capital hasn´t a continuity, and then Úbeda grows year after year even though it takes place in one of the (spanish) regions with less public investment.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    SONCINEMAD was a huge success and people loved it, they constantly demand more. But the reasons behind the 2 last years' failure of succession are purely of technical and financial nature. I don't know them all in depth nor this is the place to discuss them, but believe me, nothing's dead. Not even close, we are working to pass those problems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    SONCINEMAD was a huge success and people loved it, they constantly demand more.

I know, I was there in 2006 and 2007! wink

Christodoulides wrote
    But the reasons behind the 2 last years' failure of succession are purely of technical and financial nature.

We all know about the global economic crysis, but for god´s sake, financial problems in the almighty capital, where all the power and money is? I mean somebody should be backing up a cultural inititive like this one. And even more after two years of big success.

Christodoulides wrote
    nothing's dead. Not even close, we are working to pass those problems.

Hope so!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Thanks for being so candid, Demetris.

If I'm going to be going to Spain this summer (and that's not definite yet) then I can only go to one festival (if there are going to be two). Choosing between a festival that's in place and one that's not even putting out preliminary information isn't really a choice at all.
    shame

I hope that any plans can be published as soon as possible - even it's to say SONCINEMAD 2009 won't happen.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's not all that surprising that a festival of that kind should rather continue in Úbeda, where the only other great happening is the Olive Celebration festival (or something), so it should be relatively easy to get people and local businesse enthused about sponsoring another potential veru interesting source of income and local branding.

Madrid assuredly is awash with events of this kind, so any subsidies, grants and local business endorsements are a lot harder to come by.

More's the shame. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    I think I'll cancel as well. The whole hassle, and extra cost to get there, already discourages me. Also the fact that there's nothing to see there, besides a nice town and the events itself, does not fit my idea of visiting the region/cities around, lets say, like Bristol and Bath for instance, which was worth the extra stay.

Eventually, Giacchino will attend Ghent anyway, and JNH is coming next year too.
    Kazoo
  5. There´s always a third option barely commented: Tenerife.

I attended the Fumicite festival last year and was totally awesome. Summer time, beautiful girls, amazing people and the best orchestra by far I ever heard performing film music.

There are some clips I watched from one of the organizers facebook. Very surprising video and audio quality.

http://www.vimeo.com/2931602
    http://www.vimeo.com/2850434

If I could, I would attend this year both Ubeda and Fumicite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Tenerife?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?

I'm there next week!
    What's happening there?
    TELL ME!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ghent is also an option. It's just 3 hours with a train... Ghent is known for its beautiful girls (well, as in my age). No bikinis though.

But well, not many attend the concerts here. Pook you all!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Go away with your Ghent,
    I need to know about Tenerife.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Remember, it's never like in the magazines.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    Remember, it's never like in the magazines.

Yeah, Ghent's much worse. biggrin

Srsly, it's a lot more practical. Although I do like the tiny size of Ubeda. It's just kind of cool to have a load of composers and a load of fans essentially take over a town for a weekend. But admittedly there are a lot better places that could happen.
  6. I feel envy for you Martjin. I hope I could go there again so soon!

Tenerife had this last summer!!
    At first I thought that maybe someone with too much spare time was fooling and joking. Who could have in the same place, at the same time Trevor Rabin, Chris Young, Reinhold Heil, Ramin Djawadi, Johnny Klimek, Joel MacNaely...?

I landed there and this, this and this is what I enjoyed for five wonderful days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bloody heeeeeelllllll... That's GREAT!
    Now THAT's a location!

Hope they're gonna do it again this year!
    I wouldn't mind visiting twice cool

Thanks for sharing that, Armin!!
    (Hmmmm... I seem to remember that name... are you a regular at Goldenscores by any chance?)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Come to Ubeda and you'll have this and this and this.

BLOODY OLIVE TREES!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well... ehm... at least they're...well... very nice olive trees.

slant