• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Marselus wrote
    Granada´s Airport is closer (130 Km), but GRANADA has only direct flights with MADRID, BARCELONA, PALMA DE MALLORCA, LONDON and LIVERPOOL.

That's lucky as Liverpool Airport is really convenient for me. Though what are the chances of getting a cheap flight in the middle of July from the UK to Granada?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Granada´s Airport is closer (130 Km), but GRANADA has only direct flights with MADRID, BARCELONA, PALMA DE MALLORCA, LONDON and LIVERPOOL.

That's lucky as Liverpool Airport is really convenient for me. Though what are the chances of getting a cheap flight in the middle of July from the UK to Granada?

I think Anthony flight to Granada in 2007. He may tell you when and how much did he pay for the flight?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

I think Anthony flight to Granada in 2007. He may tell you when and how much did he pay for the flight?

I went with EasyJet so it was dirt cheap. Worst flight I've ever been on. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

I went with EasyJet so it was dirt cheap. Worst flight I've ever been on. tongue

Why? Turbulence? 'Cause otherwise, Easy Jet have an incredible safety record.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm guessing he means the level of service they provide.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, it's the whole meaning behind their existence, i.e. the poor, almost non-existent service of the airline being the reason of their ridiculously cheap ticket fairs smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I know, I shouldn't complain. If anything, I'm the person who normally says "you paid virtually nothing for this flight and you expect a nice seat and food?!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hehe. I haven't flown with them yet, but from what i know there's absolute no service on board, right? And just a couple of flight attendants only for safety reasons and no..."waitressing" duties?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's like being crammed into a bus with wings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hehe. Usual feeling for me, flying only A320's and B737's all the time, with various airlines, due to the short of the distance from here to Cyprus.

I guess you got used to bigger and more comfortable planes normally?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009 edited
    Usually when I'm on a plane I'm heading to America, but even then economy class with Virgin or AA is fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap; that's why.

Listen to the irony then wink For the same distance, type of bus-like plane and with slightly more service than what you paid so little for, i get to pay around 200 euros (one way, and more than 300 for a round trip) to go home through holidays! Friggin thieves!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009
    Just received an email from the organisation. Between this week and the next one we´ll have some of the hotels to start booking rooms.
  2. From what I can find out on cheap flights to Granada only Ryanair appear to do direct from the UK (Liverpool) - but only on a Wednesday, Friday & Saturday (though this may be out-of-date information). If the festival runs from 16-19 July then travelling to Granada would be fine (on the 15th) but then I'd have to wait until the following Wednesday for a flight out! Sounds like a no-go.

Alternately, there's flying to Malaga - which has a larger choice of flights to choose from. But that adds an additional 90 minutes travel from the airport to Ubeda.

http://granadainfo.com/cheap_flights.htm

Maybe not such an easy place to get to.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009
    Ryanair?
    freezing
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Ryanair?
    freezing

Yep! I'm afraid so.
  4. Marselus wrote
    According to their facebook walls, Joel Goldsmith and Atli Örvarsson are attending Úbeda too.

Joel Goldsmith in Ubeda????

Is that for real???

It would be amazing if he could perform his "The Untouchables" Main Theme!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Marselus wrote
    According to their facebook walls, Joel Goldsmith and Atli Örvarsson are attending Úbeda too.

Joel Goldsmith in Ubeda????

Is that for real???

It would be amazing if he could perform his "The Untouchables" Main Theme!!!!!!!!!!

Not official, just what I read in their facebook walls.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    According to the director of the Festival, tomorrow we will know another guest, a "big one", quoting his words.
  5. Marselus wrote
    According to the director of the Festival, tomorrow we will know another guest, a "big one", quoting his words.

Alexandre Desplat???
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Marselus wrote

Alexandre Desplat???

Could be, but I have another candidate, one that has been highly demanded in other editions.

6. Could be, but I have another candidate, one that has been highly demanded in other editions.

Who?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Armin Tanzariam wrote

Could be, but I have another candidate, one that has been highly demanded in other editions.

Who?

Oh, I wouldn´t like to spoil the fun wink Let´s wait ´til tomorrow..
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Marselus wrote

Alexandre Desplat???

Better than Atli Örvarsson? Surely not!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Marselus wrote

Alexandre Desplat???

Bah, to hell with Giacchino! I'll come just for Alti... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Marselus wrote

Alexandre Desplat???

Bah, to hell with Giacchino! I'll come just for Alti... rolleyes

Will he be showing off his MIDI sequencer live in concert?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If he does = scoregasm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    If he does = scoregasm.

Imagine how embarrassed Giacchino will be while he's conducting a symphony orchestra if Atli's off in another room displaying his ability to use loops.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Marselus wrote

Alexandre Desplat???

We don´t know yet if Örvarsson is coming.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Marselus wrote

Alexandre Desplat???

We don´t know yet if Örvarsson is coming.

Who cares?! rolleyes wink biggrin