• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Tenerife?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?

I'm there next week!
    What's happening there?
    TELL ME!

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … 08/#Item_1

From May, 2008.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    "Iron Man composer will show the best of his filmography in Tenerife. "

I bet that was blast. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Tenerife?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?

I'm there next week!
    What's happening there?
    TELL ME!

From May, 2008.

You're evading the question in a smart, sideways manner. angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marcel, do I just want to book "Modality A"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    When is the Ghent festival?

October.

WSA 2009 is on the 17th, so, I suspect the other concerts will be held the week before that date.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marcel, do I just want to book "Modality A"?

Yes, MODALITY A – Full access to all the different activities and events of the Festival.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Martijn wrote
    Bloody heeeeeelllllll... That's GREAT!
    Now THAT's a location!

Hope they're gonna do it again this year!
    I wouldn't mind visiting twice cool

Thanks for sharing that, Armin!!
    (Hmmmm... I seem to remember that name... are you a regular at Goldenscores by any chance?)

Anytime Martjin.
    Sure I´m not the one you think. Just a coincidence.
    If you go to Tenerife this summer I hope to meet you there. I´m expecting about this year´s festival edition and use to check their website regularly. Press coordinator told me they will publish some info about dates and guests shortly but I couldn´t get more info from her.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cripes, I didn't even KNOW there was a film music festival in friggin' Tenerife, of all places!

I must admit, with all these film music festivals cropping up all around the continent, I need to make a trip there soon. Away from my own country that barely even knows what film music is.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Excellent!

I'll keep an eye out for more info in the near future!

Cheers Armin, and welcome here! wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    There´s always a third option barely commented: Tenerife.

There are some clips I watched from one of the organizers facebook. Very surprising video and audio quality.

http://www.vimeo.com/2931602
    http://www.vimeo.com/2850434

If I could, I would attend this year both Ubeda and Fumicite.

Thx for the videos! The Iron Man suite sounds pretty good; actually it sounds much better than in the soundtrack cd. Which lead me to the following question: why most of the RC composers bury the orchestral parts of their scores under layers of synth? Don´t they realise they don´t improve them but make them worse?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Armin Tanzariam wrote

There are some clips I watched from one of the organizers facebook. Very surprising video and audio quality.

Thx for the videos! The Iron Man suite sounds pretty good; actually it sounds much better than in the soundtrack cd. Which lead me to the following question: why most of the RC composers bury the orchestral parts of their scores under layers of synth? Don´t they realise they don´t improve them but make them worse?

I've never understood this. Why hire a 90-piece orchestra with six trumpets if you're going to overlay the trumpet parts with a horrible synthetic trumpet line? It's never made sense to me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Tenerife?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?

I'm there next week!
    What's happening there?
    TELL ME!

From May, 2008.

You're evading the question in a smart, sideways manner. angry

biggrin wink

p.s. Tenerife is very crass!

p.s. Tenerife is also FECKING AWESOME!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Sweden?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    Sweden?

Too many blonde haired uber-beings.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Armin Tanzariam wrote

I've never understood this. Why hire a 90-piece orchestra with six trumpets if you're going to overlay the trumpet parts with a horrible synthetic trumpet line? It's never made sense to me.

Indeed. And the suite of this video proves it. I mean it sounds much, much better and authentic than the music used in the film and released in the soundtrack cd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Sweden?

Yeah. Pure hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Armin Tanzariam wrote

Indeed. And the suite of this video proves it. I mean it sounds much, much better and authentic than the music used in the film and released in the soundtrack cd.

It's the way many younger composers think they'll actually enhance their sound. It strikes me that they don't realize that they're actually destroying whatever good might be in their music and it makes me wonder if that's really the problem. I find it difficult to believe that a trained composer who's gotten up there as to score such high profile movies, WON'T know and understand those basic musics.

I rather believe it comes from somewhere else, a third party, as many other defects do in the industry as we speak.

If you listen closely to the majority of US-based scores of this kind (i.e stuff that's aimed at specific ages mostly) which are trying to get themselves considered as hype, cool and "modern", they all carry these antics ontop. Maybe it falls in the general notion that if it's orchestral only, it sounds "dated" and we shall probably reject it (remember TROY? wink).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Sweden?

Yeah. Pure hell.

You are all crazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    On a sidenote, it's ironic that until last year with their truly remarkable efforts and the excellent film music festival, i only knew Tenerife as the place where the worst civil aviation disaster ever, occurred.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    If you listen closely to the majority of US-based scores of this kind (i.e stuff that's aimed at specific ages mostly) which are trying to get themselves considered as hype, cool and "modern", they all carry these antics ontop. Maybe it falls in the general notion that if it's orchestral only, it sounds "dated" and we shall probably reject it (remember TROY? wink).

At least with Troy the Horner score was still orchestral. But yes, I agree with you D, most of the films whose target is a young audience (I´d say between 15 and 20 yo) are arranged / edited / whatever to make them sound more modern / cooler. Going back to that video, who knows how´d it have been had Djawadi had the liberty to score it the way the suite is written. Anyway....

Christodoulides wrote
    I rather believe it comes from somewhere else, a third party, as many other defects do in the industry as we speak

Cough*producers cough*
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    On a sidenote, it's ironic that until last year with their truly remarkable efforts and the excellent film music festival, i only knew Tenerife as the place where the worst civil aviation disaster ever, occurred.

I remember it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marcel, I'm paying via paypal. It says once I've done that I need to e-mail them my details and they'll send me login details for the site. Does that mean I don't have to fill in the registration form on the site?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Marcel, I'm paying via paypal. It says once I've done that I need to e-mail them my details and they'll send me login details for the site. Does that mean I don't have to fill in the registration form on the site?

Exactly. Once you´ve payed, send the email with the info and once they´ve checked the payement and info they´ll send you your username and password. No need to fill in the registration form. Don´t forget to let them know in the mail the modality you´ve chosen, Modality A (aka Full Congress).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    Sorted. Now what do we do about getting a cheap hotel? And have you booked rooms yet?

( biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Sorted. Now what do we do about getting a cheap hotel? And have you booked rooms yet?

( biggrin )

This service isn´t available yet. Last year the hotel booking process began in April if I´m not mistaken. Don´t worry, they´ll let us know via email once the hotel booking period starts.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, so do they give a list of hotels that will be working with them and then we book via the festival organisers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Ok, so do they give a list of hotels that will be working with them and then we book via the festival organisers?

That´s correct. Booking via the festival is how you get very low prices. This is the hotel we stayed in last year:

http://www.rlhoteles.com/#ubeda

There´s no english version, but if you click "Servicios del Hotel" you can see pictures of the rooms, restaurant, hall and pool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How much did you pay for the hotel room, Marcel?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

That´s correct. Booking via the festival is how you get very low prices. This is the hotel we stayed in last year:

http://www.rlhoteles.com/#ubeda

There´s no english version, but if you click "Servicios del Hotel" you can see pictures of the rooms, restaurant, hall and pool.

POOL!!!? biggrin cool

oh, pool slant