• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    Is there any reason why they haven't added Giacchino to the guest list? Is it "unconfirmed" or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    They are too busy with with the Festival itself. Don´t worry, all the guests confirmed are....well, CONFIRMED wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm not confirmed.I at least want a press accreditation.
    Kazoo
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    Some updates regarding the symphonic concert:

Not totally confirmed yet, but the composers that will take part in the concert are:

1 - Patrick Doyle (nothing confirmed, but probably "Igor", "Much Ado about Nothing", "As You Like It" and "Great Expectations").
    2 - Chris Young ("Hellbound: Hellraiser 2").
    3 - Joel McNeely (still in talks reagrding his programme).
    4 - Joe Hisaishi (nothing confirmed)
    5 - Michael Giacchino (nothing confirmed, but probably "Lost", "Medal of Honor" and, hopefully, "Up" and "Star Trek").
    6 - Spanish composer yet to be announced; and a surprise homage conducted by Pascual Osa (director of the orchestra) like he did last year with Basil Poledouris.

As for friday´s recital, as they announced some days ago, Joe Hisaishi will take a major role in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Marselus wrote

Not totally confirmed yet, but the composers that will take part in the concert are:

1 - Patrick Doyle (nothing confirmed, but probably "Igor", "Much Ado about Nothing", "As You Like It" and "Great Expectations").
    5 - Michael Giacchino (nothing confirmed, but probably "Lost", "Medal of Honor" and, hopefully, "Up" and "Star Trek").
    6 - Spanish composer yet to be announced; and a surprise homage conducted by Pascual Osa (director of the orchestra) like he did last year with Basil Poledouris.

As for friday´s recital, as they announced some days ago, Joe Hisaishi will take a major role in it.

Question? Are you in charge of this?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    yes, he is in charge to reservate our hotel rooms biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    sdtom wrote
    Marselus wrote

No Tom, not at all. Just bringing the news to keep updated everyone interested, that´s all wink
  2. sdtom wrote
    Marselus wrote

He may be in charge of the questions but he may not be in charge of the answers spin dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I imagine with Giacchino we'll have Lost (I'll actually care about it this time, unlike at the WSA three years ago when I wasn't a fan), and The Incredibles definitely. Probably not Ratatouille, but MOH would be AMAZING. Marcel, have you had the DVD of the 07 concert yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Not yet; hopefully I´ll have it soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    I think I get it now cheesy
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009 edited
    Quickly....

bounce
    ........bhangra................

I am juggling plenty balls biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    LOOOL.

biggrin lol

Excel-lent!!!!

We should create a topic in which all of the variations are available. Since you are the leader in Bhangra Variations, you should start it, and call it The Bhangra Variations.
    Kazoo
  3. lol

Timmer, whose balls are you juggling?

Getting my coat...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    We should create a topic in which all of the variations are available. Since you are the leader in Bhangra Variations, you should start it, and call it The Bhangra Variations.

Hey, I want my credit too, we started it all with Tim! Remember?

bhangra -> me
    bhangra -> Tim

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    I imagine with Giacchino we'll have Lost (I'll actually care about it this time, unlike at the WSA three years ago when I wasn't a fan), and The Incredibles definitely. Probably not Ratatouille, but MOH would be AMAZING. Marcel, have you had the DVD of the 07 concert yet?

Don't you think he's going to include his score from Star Trek? I'd say that's a given.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Marselus wrote

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Marselus wrote

wink

shame
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009 edited
    Look at Marcel, juggling my balls while dancing on my head....

bounce
    .........>bhangra<.........
    kill bhangra fireworks

Look at me, ballancing Marcel while dodging bullets with Marcel juggling and dancing on my head....

please give generously biggrin spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Marselus wrote

wink

shame

Lost takes privilege over ALL. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Look at Marcel, juggling my balls while dancing on my head....

bounce
    .........>bhangra<.........
    kill bhangra fireworks

Look at me, ballancing Marcel while dodging bullets with Marcel juggling and dancing on my head....

Wow, the performance is reaching incredible levels of expertise cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Marselus wrote

wink

shame

Lost takes privilege over ALL. cool

Hmmm....Medal of Honor takes privilege over the rest IMO. Actually, if I could choose, Secret Weapons Over Normandy would be one of my choices, along with any of his MOH works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009
    Timmer wrote

kill bhangra fireworks

Damn!
    I like using the fireworks emoticon as ricochet effect! VERY creative!

I nominate Timmer for MT Emotycoon! punk cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Emotycoon

applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    shame Aw shucks.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Is anyone aside from myself, Marcel and Jordi attending this year? I was hoping to have drinks with a few more of you guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Sorry. But the hassle and the costs to get there, and apparently there's nothing else, is a bit too much. If I could extend my trip with something else, I'm in.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The hassle is my primal objection. I am not traveling in the middle of a country alone, to places i've never been while nobody else speaks adequate English. Too much. And the extra cost of that is too much for me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.