• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FalkirkBairn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Arrived this morning:

13 Assassins - Koji Endo
    The Big Bus - David Shire

Can anyone help with a translation of the track titles for Endo's score?

http://yfrog.com/h33f0gnj

Thanks to Miya for providing the information I required. Seems like I chose an unusual tracklisting to ask Miya to translate. The 13 tracks are actually labelled "One", "Two", "Three", etc which I thought was a bit daft - and lazy - until I realised that with there being (I assume) 13 assassins the score is divided into 13 tracks just called the numbers and may have some significance only the composer knows.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2011
    I haven't seen the movie, but thought the titles are witty, and look cool because it's an old way to write numbers in kanji smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2011
    Ryuichi Sakamoto - Playing The Piano/Out of Noise (2-disc set)

I just ordered this album, though not a soundtrack... On last month's Ustream live, I fell in love with Prof. Sakamoto's piano pieces...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2011
    I held out for a long time but got the Delerue/Rich and Famous cd on FSM label along with Korzeniowski's Copernicus Star.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2011
    I just picked up Frederic Talgorn's ASTERIX AT THE OLYMPICS, brand new sealed for £1

Is it any good? Even if it's not it only cost me a 1/3rd of a pint of beer wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    it is symphonic and williamesque
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Now I'm ready for La-La Land Records' 3-CD set from The Outer Limits.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Secondhand CDs of Edmund Meisel's scores to The Battleship Potemkin and The Holy Mountain.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Now I'm ready for La-La Land Records' 3-CD set from The Outer Limits.

Eh! Where??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    it is symphonic and williamesque

Excellent! All that for £1

I'll give it a listen tomorrow.
  4. Pardon? It's a set that has been out for a few years. Only now have I got an interest for it. Go figure!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Pardon? It's a set that has been out for a few years. Only now have I got an interest for it. Go figure!

It's amazing how sometimes these things can slip under your personal radar, I'm interested in it but somehow it passed by my notice dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I just picked up Frederic Talgorn's ASTERIX AT THE OLYMPICS, brand new sealed for £1

I wasn't aware that you still did blind purchases like that, Tim, even though it was only a quid.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

I wasn't aware that you still did blind purchases like that, Tim, even though it was only a quid.

£1 too much if you ask me for that particular score.

I just downloaded from iTunes...

Largo Winch - Alex D
    Largo Winch 2 - Alex D
    La Something Something - Patrick D
  5. La Ligne Droite? From memory so I hope it is correct!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  6. I just love the orchestration in this one and the rhythms Doyle uses for this one.

From the artwork it looks like it's a sports film about partially sighted athletes?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2011
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

£1 too much if you ask me for that particular score.

I just downloaded from iTunes...

Largo Winch - Alex D
    Largo Winch 2 - Alex D
    La Something Something - Patrick D

A squid too much? hmmmm? well, I'll find out for myself later?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's not much more than the price of a chocolate bar or a can of coke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    As cheap as chips!

oop North maybe. slant
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2011 edited
    Two copies of SPEED 2 - Mark Mancina
    COPERNICUS’ STAR - Abel Korzeniowski
    NATE AND HAYES - Trevor Jones
    AN AMERICAN TAIL: FIEVEL GOES WEST - James Horner

Not a bad haul for the first big order of 2011, one of the copies of Speed 2 is a birthday gift for a friend.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011
    KevinSmith wrote
    Not a bad haul for the first big order of 2011, one of the copies of Speed 2 is a birthday gift for a friend.

Someone you don't like?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol
  7. Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Someone you don't like?

bad form angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Someone you don't like?
    hate act for sure. Only to someone you really despise.
  8. Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Someone you don't like?

You did give it 3.5 stars, so it can't be THAT bad. wink
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  9. Out of ten stars.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2011
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2011
    Or 20.