• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'm not sure. But I think that the label releasing this are hoping to release more Love CDs!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I bought a CD of Geoff Love's old LPs of terror themes and superhero themes. I haven't heard the terror themes tracks for many, many years. Looking forward to getting this.

I need to get that, a massive nostalgia trip for me cheesy cool

Coincidently I picked up a double CD, James Bond In Action & Themes For Secret Agents by Roland Shaw and His Orchestra, I had these Shaw album when I was young and they are great with some of the best arrangements I've heard, a lot of the Barry stuff is much better than Barry's own re-recordings.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    These just in: cheesy

- The Wind and the Lion (Goldsmith) for Thomas
    - Tombstone (Broughton) - I had it on CDR for many years, now it's official. It's a good one.
    - Slipstream (Bernstein) - Looking forward to it, hope this is Bernstein at his most rousing.
    - Farewell to the King (Poledouris) - Heard it once a long time ago but it didn't click, maybe now it will.
    - The Homecoming / Rascals and Robbers (Goldsmith / Horner) - Bought this for the Horner mainly.

cool, and you forgot to mention that it is The Wind and the Lion 2 CD version, I already have the short version wink

I bought that one because it is a classic Goldsmith, and for some kick ass unreleased material that immediately got me hooked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. It is the Intrada release, and I must say it's a real improvement over the short release, which I assume you will now want to sell?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    It is the Intrada release, and I must say it's a real improvement over the short release, which I assume you will now want to sell?

didn't thought about it, but I have now both releases, so why not indeed?
    this is a release I'll bet you'll love too, it is music you just don't hear anymore today
  5. My copy of the Conan the Barbarian score just came in the mail and I want to thank MARTIJN for this copy. I jumped on the possibility when he admitted to buying additional copies for people, who wanted it but couldn't get it at the time, so a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to Martijn.

I also would like to thank my friend RICHARD, who's not on this forum. He got me a copy of Zimmer's Broken Arrow (the new album) which I wanted and it's a limited release. I was possibly the only fan of Broken Arrow on this forum and I always wanted to have an original copy of this score.

Again, a huge thanks to everybody mentioned. smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2011
    Someone making someone else happy always makes me feel good, good on your friend Richard, Pawel, and good on Martijn, people with real heart beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    I was possibly the only fan of Broken Arrow on this forum and I always wanted to have an original copy of this score.

Definitely the only fan you are not. The truth speak I.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. Arrived today:

Testament - James Horner
    Hawk - Stuart Hancock

I don't know either title at all well and so I am looking forward to listening to them.

I also received a review copy of George Shaw's Agents of Secret Stuff. I like what I've heard of Shaw's previous releases and so I am looking forward to listening to this.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. Testament I have on bootleg for more than 10 years and if I've listened to it more than 5 times I'd be shocked. It's incredibly slow and low-key, not even the fan in me could convince me to get it. However it might be a tad more interesting on this new release.
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    Testament I have on bootleg for more than 10 years and if I've listened to it more than 5 times I'd be shocked. It's incredibly slow and low-key, not even the fan in me could convince me to get it. However it might be a tad more interesting on this new release.

I can't see how - it's the same music! wink
  10. I'm talking about improved sound, better track sequencing. You know how bootlegs can be...

An example of horrible bootleg vs fine album: 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'
  11. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I also received a review copy of George Shaw's Agents of Secret Stuff. I like what I've heard of Shaw's previous releases and so I am looking forward to listening to this.

I received that one too, but you have the honor of reviewing it. I'll send my time on something else in the meantime smile
  12. Spacecamp (Johnny Williams) for a reasonable price on ebay.

I've heard there's some mastering error on the album? Can someone please unconfirm?
  13. I have a subscription with eMusic.com - which amounts to about £14 per month. It changed recently from 50 tracks to download per month to an actual cost and it amounts to 42p per track (it really costs £21 if you add up the 50 x 42p but they make up the difference between the subscription cost and the £21!!) Usually it's best to just pick-and-choose several favourite tracks because a 20-track album would cost more here than on Amazon.

But today I managed to get 3 albums that sound good:

John Paul Jones - Max Steiner

23-F: La Película - Antonio Fernández
    A 2011 film that documents a coup that took place in Spain on the 23rd February, 1981.

The Runner - Cody Westheimer
    Westheimer seems to have cornered the market in running-based features as I first came across his work a couple a days ago when I listened to UltraMarathon Man, a film that follows David Karnazes' 50 marathons, in 50 states in 50 days. The Runner follows another David, David Horton, as he runs more than 40 miles per day for 66 consecutive days in an attempt to set the speed record on the 2,700 mile Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada.

Looking forward to listening to these in full.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011
    Erwann Kermorvant - Mais Qui a Tu? Pamela Rose ?
    César Lerner - Rancho Aparte
    Cédric Gradus Samson & Hugh Masekela - Mandela
    Honda Toshiyuki - Metoroporisu
    Björk - Selmasongs
    Martin Todsharow - Lulu und Jimi
    Niki Reiser - Jenseits der Stille
    Niki Reiser - Das Fliegende Klassenzimmer
    Ennio Morricone - Giordano Bruno
    Ennio Morricone - Queimada
    Ennio Morricone - Tempo Di Uccidere
    Ennio Morricone - Il Pentito
    Ennio Morricone - Gente di Rispetto
    Ennio Morricone - The Human Factor & Milano Odia: La Polizia Non Può Sparare
    Armando Trovajoli - I Lunghi Giorni della Vendetta
    Marcus Viane - O Mundo Em Duas Voltas
    Howard Shore The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (don't ask)
    Ty Unwin - Vets In The Wild
    Mark Thomas - Aristocrats
  14. A couple of iTunes purchases:

The Tree of Life - Alexandre Desplat
    Soul Surfer - Marco Beltrami

Can someone tell me where I can check the box in iTunes to stop adding purchased albums automatically into my library?

And a review copy of:

While Lion - Philip Miller
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And a review copy of:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. I think it's wonderful.
  15. Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And a review copy of:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. I think it's wonderful.

I am looking forward to hearing it too. From all the various comments on this, Soul Surfer and The Tree of Life, I'm looking forward to all of them. As well as my most recent purchase Brian Tyler's Fast Five.
  16. Stay Tuned - Bruce Broughton
    Ravagers - Fred Karlin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    A couple of iTunes purchases:

The Tree of Life - Alexandre Desplat
    Soul Surfer - Marco Beltrami

Can someone tell me where I can check the box in iTunes to stop adding purchased albums automatically into my library?

And a review copy of:

Alan, could you please fill us in on those 2?

I bought on CD via colosseum:

FAST FIVE
    AMELIA
    THE LAST STATION
    CRACKS
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  17. I did make comments in Now Playing, but I've had two gin and tonics and half a bottle of wine so far, so additional comments another time!

Apologies for spelling - post done from phone.
  18. Recent stuff:

Wonders of The Universe - Sheridan Tongue
    Caravans - Mike Batt
    Beastly - Marcelo Zarvos
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Recent stuff:

Wonders of The Universe - Sheridan Tongue
    Caravans - Mike Batt
    Beastly - Marcelo Zarvos

Alan, I'd be very interested to hear your view on Wonders of The Universe, I haven't heard any of the music but these type of programs do tend to inspire composers.

p.s. CARAVANS has one hell of a fantastic theme punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011 edited
    The theme for Caravans is certainly a great one and I am glad that I now have a chance to listen to it.

Wonders of The Universe is quite an interesting score as it's not really composed for a grand orchestra that you might expect for something as grand as the universe. The tracks are quite contemporary: there are orchestral elements (particularly solo bowed instruments apparently) but there's heavy reliance on electric guitars, drums and loops as well as samples.

Perhaps there was a conscious effort to make it more appealing to a younger audience? Brian Cox certainly fits in better with the younger demographic and maybe even his musical background had an influence on the score. There's even a track - "The Iguazu Falls" - that has a bit of a Cosmos feel to it as it reminds me of some of the Vangelis pieces that were used in that groundbreaking Carl Sagan series.

There's even a site dedicated to the soundtrack for Wonders of The Universe.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
  19. I watched a couple or so episodes of "Wonders of The Universe" and heard different scoring from the CD most contain; maybe the collection for the release was assembled for a younger, more rock oriented audience. The stuff I heard was soft, big sounding, kind of like a modern big stuff for space, with a Hearts of Space vibe sometimes. I guess I won't be buying this release in the future after all.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Priest - Christopher Young

The latest purchased based solely on a recommendation by Alan. (OK, not strictly true - it's Young, so I'd probably have bought it anyway. I will not remember this if I turn out not to like it.)
  20. Hope you like it. Me? I loved it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How is it like?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.