• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    Joep wrote
    Randy Miller - Hellraiser III
    Ennio Morricone - Gli Occhi Freddi della Paura

Watever happened to Randy Miller?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Some downloads:

Martin Chuzzlewit - Geoffrey Burgon
    Mutant Chronicles - Richard Wells
    Kung Fu - Jim Helms (LP transfer)

I remember watching Martin Chuzzlewit many years ago on TV. Didn't remember the music much but all the signs are good for a promising listen (Burgon & UK TV drama).

The original LP for Kung Fu is saturated with dialogue ("Master..." etc). Although they had chosen many of the iconic dialogue from the show to include on the LP it is annoying. But there is a complete version of Caine's theme to enjoy.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Just bought Giacchino's Medal of Honor: Underground. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    William wrote
    Just bought Giacchino's Medal of Honor: Underground. smile

Hey, I bought it a couple of months ago too! Sadly, is the only Medal of Honor by Giacchino you can find at a reasonable price.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Marselus wrote
    Sadly, is the only Medal of Honor by Giacchino you can find at a reasonable price.

Not when you're buying them digitally... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    William wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Sadly, is the only Medal of Honor by Giacchino you can find at a reasonable price.

CD format I meant smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Some downloads:

I remember watching Martin Chuzzlewit many years ago on TV. Didn't remember the music much but all the signs are good for a promising listen (Burgon & UK TV drama).

The original LP for Kung Fu is saturated with dialogue ("Master..." etc). Although they had chosen many of the iconic dialogue from the show to include on the LP it is annoying. But there is a complete version of Caine's theme to enjoy.

I always enjoyed Jim Helms music, shame it's full of dialogue.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Marselus wrote
    William wrote
    Marselus wrote

CD format I meant smile

Yep. wink
  2. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Some downloads:

I always enjoyed Jim Helms music, shame it's full of dialogue.

"Full" is the right word!

This version is almost like the "Story of Star Wars"-type versions where the story is told rather than just the music. There are some iconic quotes on the Kung Fu LP (nice to hear them again) but I would have preferred music-only.

Maybe some day?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Just a matter of time, I think it will happen....FSM matbe?
  3. Timmer wrote
    Just a matter of time, I think it will happen....FSM matbe?

There's such a wealth of older TV scores that could be released. Treatments such as that given to titles such as Dr. Kildare, Department S, The Champions, etc may be the signs of things to come!

Though, certainly the latter two titles suggest that there might need to be a bit of creative thinking on how best to transfer these numerous-though-short tracks into something that is more easily digestible!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    True!

I still hope we'll one day get scores from the classic Columbo's and Six Million Dollar Man.
  4. The music for Columbo always seems to crop up when people mention "want lists" from older TV shows, but I have to say that I can't recall any of the music from any of the episodes!

I'd like to hear music from some of the TV cop shows of my youth - things like Kojak, Starsky and Hutch, The Streets of San Francisco, etc...and The Persuaders.

Great themes but a part of me is always cautious that the bulk of the music is going to be quite dated and a bit of a letdown (a bit like the bulk of the music for Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased), Department S and The Champions).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very true Alan, and one of those cases where the 'nostalgia' factor comes in. Still, I've seen a number of 1970's Columbo episodes more recently and I still think many of the scores are outstanding.

As for The Persuaders, I'm sure I heard somewhere that Ken Thorne's scores are due to be released?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    John Williams - Indiana Jones: The soundtrack collection

Finally I took the plunge. Amazon had this for $28 (and free shipping) in their gold-box discounts.

Other cds by way of trade...
    Wojciech Kilar - Fantome avec Chauffeur
    George Fenton - Ever After
    Alejandro Amenabar - Mar Adentro
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    RATATOUILLE just arrived... now putting the disc on my player....

love
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I've received the following today:

Star Trek
    Lost Season 4
    Secret Weapons over Normandy
    Knowing

(All signed, naturally.)
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    fommes wrote
    All signed, naturally.)
    wink

Naturally? uhm

RP:
    The President's Lady - Alfred Newman. Lovely little gem.
    Horton Hear A Who - John Powell. Replacing the old CDR. Great score!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I received my SECOND soundtrack in the whole of 2009 today:

* TERMINATOR SALVATION (Danny Elfman)

Great stuff, from the clanky percussive riffs of POTA to the melancholy of MAD MAX and the original Fiedel theme to classic Elfman dissonance.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Great stuff, from the clanky percussive riffs of POTA to the melancholy of MAD MAX and the original Fiedel theme to classic Elfman dissonance.

Let me guess, the first one was MILK? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Bingo! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    Thor wrote

The album doesn't have Fiedel's theme though? (It hints to it, but it doesn't actually have it.)

Anyway, very good score. Will likely be a top 10 or top 5 from this year for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    The album doesn't have Fiedel's theme though? (It hints to it, but it doesn't actually have it.)

No, it's only in the film. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the theme that plays while Marcus is wandering around the desert, for example, is an arrangement or possibly even an inversion of the melancholic bit of Fiedel's theme. Either that or it just ALLUDES to it through harmonic language.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009 edited
    Either way, like the film, it pays homage to the old scores but without being a carbon-copy. That's what I feel the third suffered from, we've seen the Connors on the run from an evil terminator before... Salvation is WAR! That's why I love it. Post-apocalyptic goodness.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Steven wrote
    Either way, like the film, it pays homage to the old scores but without being a carbon-copy. That's what I feel the third suffered from, we've seen the Connors on the run from an evil terminator before... Salvation is WAR! That's why I love it. Post-apocalyptic goodness.

Were you able to find a character in the film that you could actually care for and root for?
    That's the only problem I found with this film.
    Because of the terrible ending, I don't see that much hope right now for the next film, unless there are some changes.

Come on Steven! I need convincing!

However, I loved the Mad Max feel the film had in some bits.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote

Were you able to find a character in the film that you could actually care for and root for?
    That's the only problem I found with this film.
    Because of the terrible ending, I don't see that much hope right now for the next film, unless there are some changes.

Come on Steven! I need convincing!

Hmm, I really liked the Marcus Wright character. Out of all the characters in the film, he was the one I most rooted for. The ending felt appropriate enough to me, it felt like the end of the first act in a new series of Terminator films rather than just another sequel. I've also heard a lot of bad things about Bale as Connor? Honestly, I fail to see why he was a bad choice. Out of the four actors who have played John Connor, including Bale himself, I felt Bale was the most convincing yet. He's meant to be a prophesied leader of man (and woman), and Christian Bale's performances convinces me of this.

But what I LOVE about this film is the whole feel of the thing. I thought McDouche had done a brilliant job creating a believable post-apocalyptic landscape. He also seems to be able to handle action scenes quite well, at least in my opinion. I thought the CGI and design of this new post-Judgment Day world was particularly well done too.

I just thought it was a brilliant action film! I'm not necessarily accusing you of this, but I get the idea that many seem way too hung up on Cameron's films to even begin to accept the notion that they're capable of enjoying a new Terminator film without Cameron behind the camera.

But, your mind is made up. My opinion of this film won't change that!
  5. Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Bingo! wink

I can't exactly call you a fanboy. I think my first three were CHERI, COCO AVANT CHANEL and AFTERWARDS. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    Recently purchased Giacchino's Secret Weapons Over Normandy. Just waiting for it to arrive... rolleyes crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    William wrote
    Recently purchased Giacchino's Secret Weapons Over Normandy. Just waiting for it to arrive... rolleyes crazy

I was just like you once. wink