• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Today i received nothing from SAE; i am still waiting for that LET THE RIGHT ONE IN cd to arrive, after almost 3 months from the day of order. Right; serves me right for ordering from a non-Eu based shop. But how could i do different since MovieScore Media physical cd's are only available through them?

I'm really surprised at that? Was it confirmed as being sent?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, they confirmed it but told me to wait. I haven't got back to them for the 2nd time yet though; maybe it was lost in the mail / customs.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, they confirmed it but told me to wait. I haven't got back to them for the 2nd time yet though; maybe it was lost in the mail / customs.

What's your next step?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Leaking SAE's latitude and longitude coordinates to the North Korean ambassador, I would venture a guess...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Leaking SAE's latitude and longitude coordinates to the North Korean ambassador, I would venture a guess...

lol biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Today I received from SAE:

- Star Trek (Giacchino): sincerely don't know what to expect from it. I expect it to not sound like Lost at all, or MOH for that matter.

- Tomorrow Never Dies (David Arnold, score only edition), I have the other album with the songs since its release. Such a great Barry-sounding Bond never composed by Barry.

- Something Wicked This Way Comes (Horner), well I had to have this being a fan of the Horner, thing is I sure hope it'll be a better listening experience than that dreaded bootleg, which I can now throw in the bin.

- Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend (Goldsmith), and not cheap. I missed it first time around, never again I'll let such an important release pass me by. Goldsmith + 80s = guaranteed goodness.

Hey, this is my first posting here. But certainly not my last. beer

Be sure to give me your thoughts on Tomorrow Never Dies. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Just bought Bernstein's The Magnificent Seven. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote

A true bonafide class A classic! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    William wrote

Yeah boi!!! punk

I like it if you hadn't already guessed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    To Catch A Thief - Henry Mancini

Mike's Murder - John Barry
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    Recently purchased:

HEAT - Elliot Goldenthal (long held off buying 'cause of all the songs, but now discovered the instrumentalness of it all; it rocks! Plus, it's a Goldenthal = essential)

THE MISSION (in remastered SACD) - Ennio Morricone (by now, this score is a legend - let's hope it doesn't disappoint wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BobdH wrote
    Recently purchased:

HEAT - Elliot Goldenthal (long helf off buying 'cause of all the songs, but now discovered the instrumentalness of it all; it rocks! Plus, it's a Goldenthal = essential)

THE MISSION (in remastered SACD) - Ennio Morricone (by now, this score is a legend - let's hope it doesn't disappoint wink)

Two excellent soundtracks there! Good choice.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HEAT is a very good score and a darn fine album.

THE MISSION is quite simply incredible.
  1. Timmer wrote

I'd be interested to hear what you think of this one Tim when you hear it. It's difficult to get much of an idea from the clips available.

I decided to go for the Herrmann title - I do have the re-recording and what sounds like an old DVD rip of the original score but I'd like to have a copy of this Prometheus release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Just order Trevor Jones' Merlin. I've wanted this one for a long time, but am just now getting around to it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'd be interested to hear what you think of this one Tim when you hear it. It's difficult to get much of an idea from the clips available.

I decided to go for the Herrmann title - I do have the re-recording and what sounds like an old DVD rip of the original score but I'd like to have a copy of this Prometheus release.

I don't know Mike's Murder at all Alan, I just ordered blindly and I didn't listen to the sound clips either, for me this'll be the closest to gettimg a "new" Barry score for many years. I'll make sure I put a little bit more than my usual > cool < in the NP thread when I finally play and hear it.

p.s. I knew YOU would go for the Herrmann release. cool wink
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    Ordered yesterday:

Gorecki: Symphony No. 3 'Symphony of Sorrowful Songs' (SACD) Naive

Shostakovich Film Music Volume 1 / Chandos

VAUGHAN WILLIAMS Film Music – Collectors’ Edition / Chandos Movies 3cds
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ColSharpe wrote
    Ordered yesterday:

Gorecki: Symphony No. 3 'Symphony of Sorrowful Songs' (SACD) Naive

Shostakovich Film Music Volume 1 / Chandos

VAUGHAN WILLIAMS Film Music – Collectors’ Edition / Chandos Movies 3cds

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! punk
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Roy Budd - Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger
    Murray Gold - Vanity Fair
  3. omaha wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Today I received from SAE:

- Star Trek (Giacchino): sincerely don't know what to expect from it. I expect it to not sound like Lost at all, or MOH for that matter.

- Tomorrow Never Dies (David Arnold, score only edition), I have the other album with the songs since its release. Such a great Barry-sounding Bond never composed by Barry.

- Something Wicked This Way Comes (Horner), well I had to have this being a fan of the Horner, thing is I sure hope it'll be a better listening experience than that dreaded bootleg, which I can now throw in the bin.

- Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend (Goldsmith), and not cheap. I missed it first time around, never again I'll let such an important release pass me by. Goldsmith + 80s = guaranteed goodness.

Hey, this is my first posting here. But certainly not my last. beer

Be sure to give me your thoughts on Tomorrow Never Dies. smile

Haven't had a chance yet to listen but will do, omaha.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Arrived today:

Ghoulies/Re-Animator - Richard Band
    Terminator Salvation - Danny Elfman
    "More Monstrous Movie Music" - various
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Arrived today:

If I remember correctly, the theme to Re-Animator is a rip?/homage? of Herrmann's Pscho.
  5. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Arrived today:

If I remember correctly, the theme to Re-Animator is a rip?/homage? of Herrmann's Pscho.

It is. In the liner notes there's a mention that the director was a big fan of Herrmann's score to Psycho and he wanted band to "convey a similarly driving and suspenseful approach". Band wrote it as an homage - and there were plans to mention Herrmann in the end credits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    Recently purchased... Sibelius 6! One of the top two composing programs in the world. Time to go have some fun. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    William wrote
    Recently purchased... Sibelius 6! One of the top two composing programs in the world. Time to go have some fun. cheesy

One excellent program that. Very much inclined towards theory-heavy composing naturally, which is why I rarely use it as I find it easier to create what I want in Logic. But whenever I've needed to create score sheets for any assessments that require it, I use Sibelius. Very intuitive program!

(I got it free if it makes you feel any better. biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Yes, yes, yes! biggrin

Marco Frisina - Bambino di Betlemme

I have been searching for this for 2 years! Finally got a copy! Now I only need to get Tristano e Isotta.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    William wrote

One excellent program that. Very much inclined towards theory-heavy composing naturally, which is why I rarely use it as I find it easier to create what I want in Logic. But whenever I've needed to create score sheets for any assessments that require it, I use Sibelius. Very intuitive program!

So you compose, too? Are you majoring or minoring in theory or composition?

Steven wrote
    (I got it free if it makes you feel any better. biggrin )

I hate you. crazy wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Minoring. I'm going into my second year of my music and sound tech degree after the summer. (No idea what I'm going to do with this degree, but it's fun to do. dizzy )
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Minoring. I'm going into my second year of my music and sound tech degree after the summer. (No idea what I'm going to do with this degree, but it's fun to do. dizzy )

Cool. In a few years I hope to major in composition, probably minor or also major in conducting. smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    Randy Miller - Hellraiser III
    Ennio Morricone - Gli Occhi Freddi della Paura