• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009
    I Compani - Luna Triste

I Compani is a Dutch Jazz ensemble that adapted the music of Nino Rota's scores from his Federico Fellini films. They permitted themselves to improvise a lot and to use all kinds of influences. I Compani played their improvisional adaptations of Rota's music around the world and gained a lot of fame. Even today they still do performances of that music that accomponies images of the films. And Fellini liked what they were doing. Luna Triste is one of the few ''Fellini'' albums.

This is Bo van der Graaf (leader of I Compani) with Fellini: http://home.planet.nl/~graa2768/Media/fellini.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    If something has a terrible sound quality, it can not be enjoyed no matter what. End of story when it comes to me.

Well, while I have a bootleg of the complete Back To The Future with terrible under watery sound I still enjoy it because it's the only version of the original recording that I have and there is no where else that I can enjoy "The Libyans" away from the film.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    If something has a terrible sound quality, it can not be enjoyed no matter what. End of story when it comes to me.

Well, while I have a bootleg of the complete Back To The Future with terrible under watery sound I still enjoy it because it's the only version of the original recording that I have and there is no where else that I can enjoy "The Libyans" away from the film.

-Erik-

You don't have the regular commercial disc with the two score suites?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009 edited
    Alexandre Desplat - 1 Chance Sur 2
    Serge Perathoner & Jannick Top - En Plein Coeur
    Georges Delerue/ Laurent Petitgirard - Suite Cinematographique/ Rosebud Suite (compilation)
  1. DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Ditto.

So that excludes scores from a certain era? Scores like Dragonwyck, The Jungle Book and (especially) She all have poor sound quality (by today's standards) and are very difficult to listen but they can still be enjoyed as 80-year-old examples of film scoring.

BTW, for me! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

You don't have the regular commercial disc with the two score suites?

Of course I do... and one is a score suite the other is the End Title cue.

I'm talking about the original recordings with the original cues NOT edited into some bastardize suite on a song compilation. And as I said, where else am I going to hear the fabulous "The Libyans" cue if not for the bootleg?!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Ditto.

So that excludes scores from a certain era? Scores like Dragonwyck, The Jungle Book and (especially) She all have poor sound quality (by today's standards) and are very difficult to listen but they can still be enjoyed as 80-year-old examples of film scoring.

BTW, for me! wink

punk

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Ditto.

BTW, for me! wink

Yup... that's why I prefer re-recordings! wink
  2. DemonStar wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Ditto.

BTW, for me! wink

Yup... that's why I prefer re-recordings! wink

Re-recordings do have their place - and a valuable one. I do have to say that when I listen to Rozsa's The Jungle Book or Steiner's She I 99% of the time listen to the re-recordings. And these listens are to listen to the music - but the originals are, well, the originals with all the flaws. But if I see the movie then the music will have all the limitations associated with music from decades ago. I don't think that I'd want these re-recordings replace these original music tracks (if the technology allowed.) It just would not be right.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Agreed. They both serve a different purpose, and well! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009
    Just bought Goldsmith's Star Trek: First Contact.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009
    William wrote
    Just bought Goldsmith's Star Trek: First Contact.

Gotta say that the official release is lacking some great cues!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009 edited
    Jerry Goldsmith - The Boys From Brazil

A composer I own the occasional title of (The Omen trilogy; Alien; The 13th Warrior; The Mummy, that kinda stuff), but I never really explored him and was looking for a score to do so. I decided on this one, especially since it might be out of print soon, so if I'd ever like to buy it, I'd better do it soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009
    Just bought Giacchino's Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. cheesy
  3. William wrote

is that one even for sale?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote

MP3's from Amazon.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote

MP3's from Amazon.

-Erik-

Or buy the Deluxe Edition of the game and you get a CD w. the score and some tracks from MOH and Underground as well. The MP3s are probably more worthwhile though as the game only has 17 minutes of new music.
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote

MP3's from Amazon.

-Erik-

ah, that's what I thought
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009
    Just bought Giacchino's Up. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    William wrote

hurry up and listen to it so you can tell me about it!!!! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    omaha wrote
    William wrote

hurry up and listen to it so you can tell me about it!!!! wink

OK. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're not hurrying! HURRY! DO THINGS FASTER!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009
    Steven wrote
    You're not hurrying! HURRY! DO THINGS FASTER!!!!!

Sorry! rolleyes wink
  5. Today I received from SAE:

- Star Trek (Giacchino): sincerely don't know what to expect from it. I expect it to not sound like Lost at all, or MOH for that matter.

- Tomorrow Never Dies (David Arnold, score only edition), I have the other album with the songs since its release. Such a great Barry-sounding Bond never composed by Barry.

- Something Wicked This Way Comes (Horner), well I had to have this being a fan of the Horner, thing is I sure hope it'll be a better listening experience than that dreaded bootleg, which I can now throw in the bin.

- Baby : Secret of the Lost Legend (Goldsmith), and not cheap. I missed it first time around, never again I'll let such an important release pass me by. Goldsmith + 80s = guaranteed goodness.

Hey, this is my first posting here. But certainly not my last. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    Today i received nothing from SAE; i am still waiting for that LET THE RIGHT ONE IN cd to arrive, after almost 3 months from the day of order. Right; serves me right for ordering from a non-Eu based shop. But how could i do different since MovieScore Media physical cd's are only available through them?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    Today I received from SAE:

- Star Trek (Giacchino): sincerely don't know what to expect from it. I expect it to not sound like Lost at all, or MOH for that matter.

Don't hold your breath too much then, this is still a Giacchino score after all and inevitably carries his style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote
    Today i received nothing from SAE; i am still waiting for that LET THE RIGHT ONE IN cd to arrive, after almost 3 months from the day of order. Right; serves me right for ordering from a non-Eu based shop. But how could i do different since MovieScore Media physical cd's are only available through them?

That's surprising. SAE has always been reliable for me. Have you emailed them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Just purchased Up... again. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009 edited
    Stanislas Syrewicz - Crossbow: Adventures of William Tell
    Alexandre Desplat - Les Milles
    Alexandre Desplat - Love, etc...
    Alexandre Desplat - Restons Groupes
    Alexandre Desplat - Reines D'Un Jour

Total damage was around 100 Eur. I am :dead: cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That's surprising. SAE has always been reliable for me. Have you emailed them?

Yeap.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.