• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    Elfman has been brilliant since he first step foot in the industry!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Elfman has been brilliant since he first step foot in the industry!

-Erik-

Sure, if you're a fan. He's always been hot/cold for me but I've started to enjoy a lot of his recent output immensely.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Never been a fan of the (Elf)man. But I see why most people hold him in high esteem, as he has a certain style of originality. I only have two scores that I listen to ocasionally (Batman, Sommersby) and two Elfman compilations I listen to not so ocasionally, but I do love some of the music on them. Sleepy Hollow I had at some point, but I obtained headaches from it so I sold it rather quickly. dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    I never really got into his Spider-Man scores... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I really like the samples for Terry Plumeri's Mr Atlas that Intrada has put out. I bought it along with Donaggio's Sissi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    William wrote

Neither did I, actually.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Thor wrote
    William wrote

Neither did I, actually.

Me neither. Now I bet that shocked you?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. All downloads:

J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan - Benjamin Wallfisch
    Stag Night - Benedikt Brydern
    Across The Hall - Bobby Tahouri
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
    Minority Report
    Goldsmith conducts Goldsmith

Awaiting its imminent arrival. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010 edited
    Barrington Pheloung - Hilary and Jackie
    Barrington Pheloung - The Passion of Inspector Morse
    Barrington Pheloung - Days of Majesty
    Barrington Pheloung - Lewis
    Aram Khachaturyan - Khachaturian: Film Suites
    Michel Gaucher - Un printemps à Paris
    René Clemencic - Molière
    Dieter Schleip - Roula
    Jürgen Knieper - Der Himmel über Berlin
    Eric Neveux - Carnages
    Yong-jin Jeong - Yeojaneun namjaui miraeda
    Jean-Claude Petit - Seaforth
  4. Arrived today:

El Mal Ajeno - Fernando Velazquez
    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - Maurice Jarre
    Mr. Atlas - Terry Plumeri
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Mr. Atlas - Terry Plumeri

Please to share opinion upon sampling.
    Domo arigato.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    Alan, the Fernando Velazquez score is beautiful. You'll love it......looking forward to your opinion!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010 edited
    Blame it on my need to have on cd most Zimmer war / epic scores:

Last week i got from sae:

HENRI IV
    THE PACIFIC

Money not well spent, that is.

But also some good purchases of new scores from sae in the same package:

LOST SEAOSN 5
    CENTURION
    RESCUE DAWN
    PRINCE OF PERSIA
  5. Arrived today:

Outland - Jerry Goldsmith

It's going to be a busy weekend with El Mal Ajeno, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and Mr. Atlas arriving yesterday and this expanded Goldsmith title arriving today. And Glasser's The Boy and The Pirates is due at home soon (maybe even today.)

I'm really looking forward to hearing Goldsmith's complete score as heard in the film. And from reading the liner notes it seems that some of the film score tracks were "fleshed out" for the soundtrack album release (so they are not just duplicate tracks).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010 edited
    Just got:

PERFUME: STORY OF A MURDER (Tykwer/Klimek/Heil)

Wow, what a gorgeous, spellbinding score. It's perfectly situated in the "delicious darkness" mode I love (the only type of horror music that I can stomach), gracious, delicate and slightly unsettling. Not all the tracks are winners, though...some of the more minimalistic stuff is a bit grating, with all the Patrick Doyle-like chord-stop effects.

GODZILLA (David Arnold)

A friendly FSM'er (yes, they do exist!) sent me the old promo disc which I stupidly gave away when I bought the 2CD set. For free! It's great to finally be able to hear this wonderful score the way it's supposed to be heard again, now that I've sold off the godawful LaLaLand release.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010
    Thor, PERFUME is easily one of the strongest scores in the 00's. Have you seen the brilliant movie it accompanies? It works so perfectly in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If you watch the movie, the score will gain much more depth; believe me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Just got:

PERFUME: STORY OF A MURDER (Tykwer/Klimek/Heil)

Wow, what a gorgeous, spellbinding score. It's perfectly situated in the "delicious darkness" mode I love (the only type of horror music that I can stomach), gracious, delicate and slightly unsettling. Not all the tracks are winners, though...some of the more minimalistic stuff is a bit grating, with all the Patrick Doyle-like chord-stop effects.

Wow. I thought it was really bland. I doubt I listened to it five times before getting rid.
  6. Thor wrote
    A friendly FSM'er (yes, they do exist!) sent me the old promo disc which I stupidly gave away when I bought the 2CD set. For free! It's great to finally be able to hear this wonderful score the way it's supposed to be heard again, now that I've sold off the godawful LaLaLand release.

Normally I would post something like rolleyes but seeing it's coming from you Thor, I won't. smile

But I'm happy for you you have what you want. I'll just keep on rocking with complete edition. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor, PERFUME is easily one of the strongest scores in the 00's. Have you seen the brilliant movie it accompanies? It works so perfectly in it.

Yeah. Great movie too! I vaguely recall noticing the music while I watched it, but it comes alive to a whole other extent on CD. Superb score.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote

Normally I would post something like rolleyes but seeing it's coming from you Thor, I won't. smile

But I'm happy for you you have what you want. I'll just keep on rocking with complete edition. punk

wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yeah. Great movie too! I vaguely recall noticing the music while I watched it, but it comes alive to a whole other extent on CD. Superb score.

The last act is shockingly powerful and emotional. Whenever i show it at my students at the college they're left speechless with the combination of the scene and the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    New:

NACHO LIBRE (Danny Elfman)

Promo release that never saw the commercial light of day back in 2006 or thereabouts. Lovely, breezy, full of humour, hispanic flavours and quirkiness. It really deserves a better fate.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    Rodrigo Leão - Cinema
    Kardes Türküler - Vizontele Tuuba
    Ronan Hardiman - Lord of the Dance
    John Barry - Chaplin
    Hans Zimmer - Black Hawk Down
    James Horner - Braveheart (2th copy)
    Trevor Jones & Randy Edelman - The Last of the Mohicans (2th copy)
    Carter Burwell - Rob Roy (2th copy)
    Barrington Pheloung - Inspector Morse Vol 2 (3th copy)
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    Received today:

- The Edge (Jerry Goldsmith)
    - Speed 2: Cruise Control (Mark Mancina)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010 edited
    Frank wrote
    Received today:

- Speed 2: Cruise Control (Mark Mancina)

Same here. The postman just showed up with Speed 2: Cruise Control lick

I love thick booklets. Great liner notes by Daniel Schweiger by the way.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010
    Alberto Iglesias - Los Albratox Rotos
    Wilde Mossels (including 4 score cues by Erik de Bruyn)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010
    Mouse Hunt - Alan Silvestri

I don't remember much about the movie, except when Nathan Lane utters Hakuna Matata... but I love the theme!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010 edited
    The Promise (Klaus Badelt)

About time I had this one on CD. I thought it was out of print. Glad I was wrong punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you