• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    Parts are very Broken Arrow-ish. Yummy! lick

Awwww don't say that shocked I HATE Broken Arrow.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Twilight Zone: The Movie (FSM) Jerry Goldsmith

God this is brilliant. Although I was perfectly happy with the previous album, this one is a very welcome addition to the Goldsmith library. 80s magic rules!

I thought you were'nt going to bother!??

Anyway.... cool applause beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

God this is brilliant. Although I was perfectly happy with the previous album, this one is a very welcome addition to the Goldsmith library. 80s magic rules!

Huh?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Huh?

Oh!?? I got it wrong?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Parts are very Broken Arrow-ish. Yummy! lick

Awwww don't say that shocked I HATE Broken Arrow.

Don't worry, not all of it is like that. Some of the underlying electronic pulse reminded me of that. There's also a lot of the solo violin and choir!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Huh?

Oh!?? I got it wrong?

I'm not sure, but it seems odd I would have said that? I honestly don't remember either way.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Huh?

Oh!?? I got it wrong?

I'm not sure, but it seems odd I would have said that? I honestly don't remember either way.

I'm not going to search back through hundreds of posts but I'm sure it was you who said you were happy with the older CD release? Of course, I could be wrong and I am maybe thinking of someone else?

Either way it's not the end of the world...yet smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, Steven was actually quite eager for it.

It was me who wasn't remembering this album too fondly, though I have to admit it is a long time ago.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, I'm not Thor. I actually like expanded score albums, especially for scores as brilliant as Twilight Zone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DemonStar wrote
    Some parts are very Broken Arrow-ish. Yummy! lick

Indeed (as I said in the A&D thread a couple of hours ago wink). It´s like an early Zimmer work (mid nineties) using the themes of The Da Vinci Code, I mean, a synth dominated/sampled choir score with themes and very rythmic. I´m really curious to see how it will fit the visuals.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, I'm not Thor. I actually like expanded score albums, especially for scores as brilliant as Twilight Zone.

beer
  1. Forever Young (Jerry Goldsmith)

A very romantic and excellent Goldsmith, with a superb theme and exciting action. A rousing final cue gets shivers down the spine guaranteed. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: LoTR: Return Of The King (Complete Recordings) - Howard Shore

For me, this is THE score of the decade! Absolutely love every single track here, how well it plays both onscreen and on CD! The third and fourth disc have some of the most emotionally powerful music I've ever heard!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: LoTR: Return Of The King (Complete Recordings) - Howard Shore

For me, this is THE score of the decade! Absolutely love every single track here, how well it plays both onscreen and on CD! The third and fourth disc have some of the most emotionally powerful music I've ever heard!

I absolutely second that!

NP: Angels and Demons ~ Hans Zimmer
    I've just started listening to it so I can't say much. So far so good. I'll tell you more later. shocked You won't believe that! An earthquake just happened!!! While I was writing! Coincidence?!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Oh gosh! Are you okay?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Yeap! I'm fine! The second earthquake today. This one was a bit bigger than the first but everything is fine. It's just a bit unsettling. Hope it's over for today!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I remember the clip from the Eagle Eye recording sessions at Soundtrack.net where they actually recorded the sounds of the earthquake!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I can't complain! I have the proper soundtrack on! Angels and Demons ties very well with the earthquake!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Scary freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cool!
    I need that score so I can play it backwards and see if it contains satanic messages!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Well , I have it in an mp3 form so I obviously can't play it backwards and from the few latin I know I don't think the choir sings satanic messages! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But it's a synthetic choir so who knows what evil subliminal messages Zimmer has insinuated into his subversion of the many religious themes?

Do you feel a little evil already?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    But it's a synthetic choir so who knows what evil subliminal messages Zimmer has insinuated into his subversion of the many religious themes?

Do you feel a little evil already?

Hmmm! Do you suppose it was me who generated the earthquake through the subconscious messages I received by listening to the score? Now you mention it I feel a bit strange!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stavroula wrote
    Well , I have it in an mp3 form so I obviously can't play it backwards

I just hope that one day humans discover a way to reverse MP3s.
    We can but dream...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    HANS ZIMMER - Angels and Demons

Bigger and bolder, less complex, louder and old-fashioned - MV - grander and very rhythmic; the way i love my Zimmer scores to be wink Very enjoyable are the themes' remixes from Da Vinci Code as well.

Glad you like it, dude. I was really expecting your post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote

We can but dream...

...neddus a fo lla snigriv rof etiteppa tsegnarts eht evah I yas ot evah dna, won s3PM ot gninetsil m'I
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote

We can but dream...

...neddus a fo lla snigriv rof etiteppa tsegnarts eht evah I yas ot evah dna, won s3PM ot gninetsil m'I

...tset eht er'yeht, heaY
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote

We can but dream...

lol

! kcirt eht od dluohs tI ! etalocohc emos yrT
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Yeap! I'm fine! The second earthquake today. This one was a bit bigger than the first but everything is fine. It's just a bit unsettling. Hope it's over for today!

Atlas shrugged!? Talos tilted? Hercules heaved? The cause could be one of a number of titans!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    .eetnnecs eht dear ot ebla eb lilw narib rouy ,sreettl rheto eht ealcp uoy rdreo hhicw rttaem on ,stterel trreocc eht hitw dne dna ngeib uoy sa gonl sa wnok uoy diD.

Wow, it totally works backwards too.