• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    Ok, just finish listening to Angels and Demons so here it goes.
    It's not as complex as The DaVinci Code but not less grande in sound. I like the use of the Chevaliers' theme. It's certainly much more action prone with big choir use as all of you mentioned. I absolutely adored the mood in Science and Religion which truly gave me the sense of a dialogue between the two. The cues I liked the most though were Election by Adoration, which captivated me with its melodious sound, and 503, a wonderful violin variation of the Chevaliers' theme. All in all, turn the volume on for a good, old majestic Zimmer!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jevus, thi5 thmeat is aphasia-inducimf.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: Battlestar Galactica: Season Three - Bear McCreary

Best of the set so far! Well balanced, with the All Along The Watchtower ditty well woven into the whole structure.
    Loads of precussion for the action cues, as expected, but some genuinely introspective moments as well.
    Overall, the most coherent one of the three, I'd say.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: LoTR: Return Of The King (Complete Recordings) - Howard Shore

For me, this is THE score of the decade! Absolutely love every single track here, how well it plays both onscreen and on CD! The third and fourth disc have some of the most emotionally powerful music I've ever heard!

I absolutely second that!

NP: Angels and Demons ~ Hans Zimmer
    I've just started listening to it so I can't say much. So far so good. I'll tell you more later. shocked You won't believe that! An earthquake just happened!!! While I was writing! Coincidence?!

Where?!? in the same country as me?!?!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    NP: Battlestar Galactica: Season Three - Bear McCreary

Best of the set so far! Well balanced, with the All Along The Watchtower ditty well woven into the whole structure.
    Loads of precussion for the action cues, as expected, but some genuinely introspective moments as well.
    Overall, the most coherent one of the three, I'd say.

Couldn't agree more. It has all the ingredients that make the BattleStar Galactica musical universe so impressive, but in all the right analogies.

How's Bear McCreary for a young and gifted composer, eh? wink smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    Very true!
    I would be most interested to hear how he does in the Great And Powerful Theme department.

I'm not counting my chickens just yet, though: I also greatly enjoy his work on the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, but it is very reminiscent of his work on Galactica (the latter incidentally I find superior...but that may well have a lot to do with me liking the series so well)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    .eetnnecs eht dear ot ebla eb lilw narib rouy ,sreettl rheto eht ealcp uoy rdreo hhicw rttaem on ,stterel trreocc eht hitw dne dna ngeib uoy sa gonl sa wnok uoy diD.

Wow, it totally works backwards too.

Indeed! Damn(ed) you i am dizzy now though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote

Where?!? in the same country as me?!?!

Peloponnisos County luv
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Stavroula wrote
    It's not as complex as The DaVinci Code

It's not complex DOT tongue

I want more horns and less chorus!

I recommend you people listen First Born theme from "To Zoe album"

NP:The da Vinci Code (Zimmer)

Let me clean.

The Masterpiece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's soooooo old-Zimmer and soooooo heavy on electronics it's actually fun! Like it was written 20 years ago biggrin I liked it today, i was in the mood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just finished playing... for a second time shocked Coco Avant Chanel by Alexandre Desplat. Read some of my brief view of the score HERE What a delightful score and one that goes by rather quickly... it is only 35 minutes in length... but what a fantastic album. This is the first Desplat album that I've liked since Hostage and Birth. Well done!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Just finished playing... for a second time shocked Coco Avant Chanel by Alexandre Desplat. Read some of my brief view of the score HERE What a delightful score and one that goes by rather quickly... it is only 35 minutes in length... but what a fantastic album. This is the first Desplat album that I've liked since Hostage and Birth. Well done!

-Erik-

What are you talking about?

He's obviously repeating himself all over and over again in tiresome waltzes and you're simply a stupid fanboy who simply wants to like it just 'cause it comes from your world's most amazingly mindblowing composer ever.

Now shut up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ lol

NP: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Jerry Goldsmith

So good... so so good! Always an honour listening to this masterpiece!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've just realised....

NP : nothing

confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's soooooo old-Zimmer and soooooo heavy on electronics it's actually fun! Like it was written 20 years ago biggrin I liked it today, i was in the mood.

That's the right thing to say " I liked it today". I guess when you are not can be too much. And of course, it's like Zimmer in Lost island : comming back 20 years ago. (without faraday as advicer)

Ok...You started guys...

NP:Angels and Demons (Zimmer).

You don't know how much I laughted yesterday listening the score..... You really have to appreciate the crazyness of ZImmer (And Howard..I think what Horner will think about this score).

I thought about Southall too, Now the music is so stupid as the movie is. So you can't say your favourite argument tongue

Angels and Demons is bad, really bad. it's not even close to Broken arrow coherency. But it's crazy, loud and energetic!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

"God Particle", "Religion and Science" (Wich really captures the spirit of the movie ) and "election by adoration" are the good tracks. Well balanced chorus, orchestra an electronics. Speciall mention to the "fresh" new arrengement of Laghdon's theme.

The rest it's just Kick ass music. If repetitive with all this "the ring" motifs, it's so heavy that you only can smile and think in Zimmer and Howard getting fun. By the way , "Black smoke" is the most balanced and enjoyable action track in my opinion.

My only complaintments:
    1. The chorus are too present. I really wish more orchestra or even more electronics alone without them.
    2-"inmolation" is boring, it's like "watch the world burn" from the TDK (Wich it was Am I not Merciful) with the Opus Dei theme.

PS: "160 bpm" will be played driving to work all the summer next to "enterprising young men" tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ lol

NP: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Jerry Goldsmith

So good... so so good! Always an honour listening to this masterpiece!

-Erik-

IMO it has no, NO betters and very few equals.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Angels and Demons is bad, really bad. it's not even close to Broken arrow coherency. But it's crazy, loud and energetic!!!!

Oh yes, I´d pick Broken Arrow anytime.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Angels and Demons is bad, really bad. it's not even close to Broken arrow coherency. But it's crazy, loud and energetic!!!!

There exist so few scores over which i would ever pick Broken Arrow, anytime. I can't stand it biggrin

Btw, i liked the darker textures in ANGELS AND DEMONS. When it stops being eccentric and all over the place, it can get quite chilling, engaging and dark, like in "Science and religion". I heard traces of THE DARK KNIGHT and even PERFUME in there; but you know me, very hard to NOT like this kind of Big bold crazy Zimmer! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

There exist so few scores i would ever pick Broken Arrow over them, anytime. I can't stand it biggrin

Btw, i liked the darker textures in ANGELS AND DEMONS. When it stops being eccentric and all over the place, it can get quite chilling, engaging and dark, like in "Science and religion". I heard traces of THE DARK KNIGHT and even PERFUME in there; but you know me, very hard to NOT like this kind of Big bold crazy Zimmer! smile

Yes, the first track starts as if the Joker was in the next corner. Anyway, the best cue, IMO, is "Science and religion", one of those typical Zimmer dramatic tour de force.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

He's obviously repeating himself all over and over again in tiresome waltzes and you're simply a stupid fanboy who simply wants to like it just 'cause it comes from your world's most amazingly mindblowing composer ever.

Now shut up.

Yup yup!

Christodoulides -> This man's easily one of the boldest and most valuable men ever to pass through the film music medium

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Please, read my review about Angels And Demons above. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lp wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Now shut up.

Yup yup!

Christodoulides -> This man's easily one of the boldest and most valuable men ever to pass through the film music medium

punk

The fact that you're the only one who took this comment bitter and so seriously, as well as feeling the need to constantly defend yourself (or Zimmer) by attacking others, proves how retarded you are.

Oh and the hypocrisy here cracked me up : biggrin

lp wrote

BTW, I can handle snarky comments, but seriously, just because it's a forum doesn't mean we can't have a serious conversation without resulting to smart ass responses.

Ta-ta.

Next.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

Nautilus wrote
    Angels and Demons is bad, really bad. it's not even close to Broken arrow coherency. But it's crazy, loud and energetic!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Yeah, you've lost me. So it's terrible, and you love it? Clearly you are a bad person. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thanks to Jordi, I'm already bored of Angels & Demons. And I haven't even heard it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: LOST SEASON 4 - GIACCHINO

Keamy Away From Him and Bobbing For Freighters are some of the most intense and driving action cues I've heard in ages. The trombones go absolutely nuts! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Nautilus wrote

Yeah, you've lost me. So it's terrible, and you love it? Clearly you are a bad person. tongue

then I will not be in Jacob's list anymore tongue neither Zimmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Thanks to Jordi, I'm already bored of Angels & Demons. And I haven't even heard it.

lol GOLD!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

Did you writte this sentence months ago, did you? I guess you copied in a "word" and now pasted it , here.

But read first, I only writte a post about A&D. Failure, Steve!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote

I´ve been telling you guys for years: Jordi is a bot programmed to do exactly that. You should start trusting me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

I´ve been telling you guys for years: Jordi is a bot programmed to do exactly that. You should start trusting me.

SO I guess, all the times you went to the cinema with me , You was actualy alone.Talking Alone?

I think I see that in a Ron Howard movie. Irony!!!!