• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009
    But you're a Lost fanatic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    But you're a Lost fanatic.

biggrin

Yeah you´re right, but I have to admit this season is one of those you have to look the other way in order to keep watching the show.

Said that, I´m far, far away from Lost Masters Jordi and Anthony.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Bear McCreary

I haven't been this addicted to a score for a very long time. Granted, it's mostly due to my new-found love of the show, but this is undeniably good TV music. This is probably my favourite album of the three, with the wonderful 'Allegro', 'Prelude to War' and 'Reuniting the Fleet' being three of the highlights of this album.

I forgot who posted it, but I remember someone saying they were looking forward to McCreary composing a Big Theme™ for one of his future projects? Personally I'm not holding my breath. For some reason my gut just tells me McCreary is not the composer we should be pinning our hopes and dreams on, regardless of how good his music for BSG is. (Actually, my gut doesn't tell me to pin any hopes or dreams on any composer these days.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote

Good.
  1. Steven wrote

I forgot who posted it, but I remember someone saying they were looking forward to McCreary composing a Big Theme™ for one of his future projects? Personally I'm not holding my breath

Is the theme of this video game score a big theme?
    http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=1833
    It's a bit Arnold/Stargate-ish, but not bad all the same.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote

I forgot who posted it, but I remember someone saying they were looking forward to McCreary composing a Big Theme™ for one of his future projects? Personally I'm not holding my breath

Is the theme of this video game score a big theme?
    http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=1833
    It's a bit Arnold/Stargate-ish, but not bad all the same.

I definitely like what I hear, but I don't hear any Big Theme™. (A discussion which deserves its own thread entirely I would imagine.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Da Vinci Code (Zimmer)

Listen this score after Angels and Demons is a really interesting experience.

"Fructus Gravis", "posoned chalice", " Rose of Arimathea" and "Chevaliers of Sangreal" are pure masterpieces. "Ad arcana" is a track who nobody mentions, but it creates a really great mood.

Luckly I was never very fan of "citrine the cross" because I have this track over and over again in A&D.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I love The Patriot (though not too keen on its recording). I'm rarely in the mood for either Munich or Memoirs of a Geisha (although I much prefer the latter to the depressing mood-killer that is the former).

My favourite Williams of the last decade is a toss up between A.I. and War of The Worlds, the best film that Williams scored is Munich. However, I hardly ever play either Munich or 'Geisha;.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    A.I. is definitely a favourite of mine. Lovely emotional material!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, I was just about to play PERFUME but there's something up with my sound system.... sad slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Kingdom of Heaven - Harry Gregson-Williams

It's a great album to listen to. I enjoy all the ethnic cues and religious overtone of this, especially the vocals inspired by the monophonic/polyphonic sound of the medieval time. And all of the thematic material, the action cues, the accelerating/rising choirs paired with the punctuating strings, the processional music, and the seamless integration of the duduk, and the electric cello, are just great, like in "The Battle of Kerak". Harry did a great job, and yet, you get to hear, like, half of it in the movie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Well, I was just about to play PERFUME but there's something up with my sound system.... sad slant

NP : PERFUME - Tom Tykwer & Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil

wave <--*phew* Nothing that a change of fuse couldn't fix cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote

Ahem, masters? I prefer the term "freaks". wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Said that, I´m far, far away from Lost FREAKS Jordi and Anthony tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    [pendantic] "That said". [/pedantic] wink
  2. Or "Having said that"
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    angry

I should dig up my english grammar book.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can always help! There's nothing more I like that correcting people. Nothing. biggrin

(I also hate being corrected. So what goes around comes around I guess.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I can always help! There's nothing more I like that correcting people. Nothing. biggrin

(I also hate being corrected. So what goes around comes around I guess.)

That's cos YOUR is spiteful little man slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix game soundtrack - James Hannigan

Wow, this is good. REALLY good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LIFEFORCE - Henry Mancini

Absolutely fantastic score....love it! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timmer wrote

With a thrilling main theme! punk Totally a different side of Mancini!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote

With a thrilling main theme! punk Totally a different side of Mancini!

Mancini was a phenominally talented and versatile composer and a genius when it came to writing themes with very very few equals, I always thought it was a shame he mostly became known for writing light comedy scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timmer wrote
    Mancini was a phenominally talented and versatile composer and a genius when it came to writing themes with very very few equals, I always thought it was a shame he mostly became known for writing light comedy scores.

Agreed! I had associated him with only the jazzy/bluesy scores until I came across Thornbirds and LifeForce.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote

Agreed! I had associated him with only the jazzy/bluesy scores until I came across Thornbirds and LifeForce.

The score of his I'd kill to have is The White Dawn, it only exists in the form of a short ( 11 minute ) suite on one of his compilations, part of this score was also used in the film THE RIGHT STUFF ( Bill Conti ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timmer wrote
    The score of his I'd kill to have is The White Dawn, it only exists in the form of a short ( 11 minute ) suite on one of his compilations.

Very tempting to get that 11 min suite for 99 cents from Amazon biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP:The Lord of the Rings- The Two Towers (Complete Recordings) ~ Howard Shore
    You know why, I don't like repeating myself! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    In between Martijn my luv what's all this "I'm the Supermod" thingy and what exactly do you mean by your signature?

Bregt my dear do you know anything about that?

Edit: The Supermode thing was explained by Bregt. I still have to learn about the signature though!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  3. Hans Zimmer - Angels and Demons

Fun, pure fun, combining the style we loved in the 90s with the style we love now. A bit Why So Serious, some Hannibal and some old-school Zimmer action music (though I wouldn't go so far with Broken Arrow, this is much better structured).

Good that he got back to old themes, but used a completely different sound for the sequel. Really enjoyable.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote
    The score of his I'd kill to have is The White Dawn, it only exists in the form of a short ( 11 minute ) suite on one of his compilations.

Very tempting to get that 11 min suite for 99 cents from Amazon biggrin

So was I - and it was worth it!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn