• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    I didn't know that! I'd be SO ready to hug and kiss him in a totally platonic, non-erotic way for Williams and especially for GOLDENTHAL, but the Elfman craze spoiled it. Shame, you missed that totally manly ol' epic Greek embrace my friend; i mean EVERYTHING Elfman every wrote, as in non just the kick-ass dark material? And in complete form? You!? Nah-ah. tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Barman, I'll have what Demetris' having.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    that totally manly ol' epic Greek embrace

uhm
    Well, Greek embraces are historically... or rather socio-sexually... or uhm... like, in man-on-man physicality... pertaining to same-gender comfort zone intimacy...or rather...uhm... in the sense of being attracted to, it's... well... Greeks... historically that is, in the way of literature, it's... well.
    You know.

*phew*

That was hard.
    But it was a point that needed to be made.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Scratch that, I'll have what Martijn's having.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A near-death-of-embarassment experience?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Scratch that, I'll have what Martijn's having.

lol

ME TOO!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    that totally manly ol' epic Greek embrace

uhm
    Well, Greek embraces are historically... or rather socio-sexually... or uhm... like, in man-on-man physicality... pertaining to same-gender comfort zone intimacy...or rather...uhm... in the sense of being attracted to, it's... well... Greeks... historically that is, in the way of literature, it's... well.
    You know.

*phew*

That was hard.
    But it was a point that needed to be made.

OH YEAH!?

Tell that to HIS face!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Lad, ah dunnae ken hae tae bring thes tew ye, but he's nae actually Greek...

This is the historical Leonidas.
    Note the fine, soft, elegant facial contours. That enigmatic and mysterious smile, almost female in semblance.
    That slightly shy, yet strangely inviting bend of the shoulder and the neck, beckoning softly as for a caress as light as a feather's touch...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pf.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    oh and a note: the last person i'd ever include in the NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS fanbase is...THOR! What is wrong with you mate? smile biggrin tongue

Demetris, there are three composers, and three composers only, for whom Thor will greet a complete score release. John williams is one, Elliot Goldenthal is the second, and Danny Elfman is the third. He adores Elfman. wink (Which is why I knew I had to mention NIGHTMARE going into the box when he posted here!)

You're right on, except the "complete" bit. There many complete CD's of Williams and Elfman that I have avoided, the latest being MARS ATTACKS. The principle of quality in a properly arranged soundtrack experience is even greater than the quantity of music from my favourite composers!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait 'till Erik sees that biggrin

As for Mars Attacks, i'd not take that in any form shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    You're right on, except the "complete" bit. There many complete CD's of Williams and Elfman that I have avoided, the latest being MARS ATTACKS. The principle of quality in a properly arranged soundtrack experience is even greater than the quantity of music from my favourite composers!

Agree Thor. I wouldn't want to read the all the words that Rowling worked on for a Harry Potter novel nor would you want to read all of the jibberish I come up with sometime for a review before I edit it. Same thing with music. I think sometimes less is better!
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    oh and a note: the last person i'd ever include in the NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS fanbase is...THOR! What is wrong with you mate? smile biggrin tongue

Demetris, there are three composers, and three composers only, for whom Thor will greet a complete score release. John williams is one, Elliot Goldenthal is the second, and Danny Elfman is the third. He adores Elfman. wink (Which is why I knew I had to mention NIGHTMARE going into the box when he posted here!)

Oops. I meant to say 'completist', which is not the same as 'complete'. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009 edited
    Michael, you should know by now that the merest slip up / faux pas on any film score message board will result in the wrath of the correction gods cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Agree Thor. I wouldn't want to read the all the words that Rowling worked on for a Harry Potter novel nor would you want to read all of the jibberish I come up with sometime for a review before I edit it. Same thing with music. I think sometimes less is better!
    Thomas

Whoa Whoa Whoa! That's NOT the same thing. With a complete release of a score you are hearing on CD is everything in the film or intended to be in the film. What you are describing above is compared to demos, alternate takes or cues never intended to be used in the film. The best place for those "cues" are at the end of the score proper.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Whoa Whoa Whoa! That's NOT the same thing. With a complete release of a score you are hearing on CD is everything in the film or intended to be in the film. What you are describing above is compared to demos, alternate takes or cues never intended to be used in the film. The best place for those "cues" are at the end of the score proper.

I agree Erik that it should either be at the end or on a completely different CD. My jibberish should go to the trash smile
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Today a few more went INTO THE BOX...

- Sleeping with the Enemy (Jerry Goldsmith)
    - Sabrina (John Williams)
    - Monster House (Douglas Pipes)
    - Gangs of New York (Howard Shore / Various)
    - Moulin Rouge (Various)
    - K-19: The Widowmaker (Klaus Badelt)
    - Madison (Kiner/Young)
    - Forrest Gump (Alan Silvestri)
    - The Fugitive (James Newton Howard)
    - The General's Daughter (Carter Burwell)
    - Brokeback Mountain (Santaolalla / Various)
    - some John Barry compilation called 'The Members Edition'
    - Gorillas in the Mist (Maurice Jarre)
    - Shanghai Triad (Zhang Guangtian)
    - Arthur Bliss - Christopher Columbus / others (Adriano, Slovak Radio National Orchestra)
    - Final Fantasy IV Piano Collection (Uematsu?)
    - An Ideal Husband (Charlie Mole)

Something from one of everyone's favourites there! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    Forrest Gump is gorgeous.
  3. I'm more of a Ben Button man. wink

One title which didn't go into the box is Bill Conti's wonderful 'Slow Dancing in the Big City'. Had FIST alone been on that CD, it would have gone in, but SLOW DANCING saved it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    Forrest Gump is gorgeous.

Indeed;
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yup, FORREST GUMP is perfect "hangover" listening. I wouldn't part with it for the world.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. If people don't like FORREST GUMP going into the box, just wait till we get to the Oscar-winning score that will be going down tomorrow! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Brokeback Mountain?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm getting an overwhelming sense Franz created this thread from a dark sense of sado-masochistic tendencies, torturing us with his disturbing choices and at the same time getting an unwholesome gratification from being harshly lambasted and berated.

Or it could just be he likes a bit of controversy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Brokeback Mountain?

Read Franz' list: that one is already in.

(Hey! "Franz list"! Hee hee hee hee! biggrin

shame )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Huh, not a fan of sodomy then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm trying to cut down on it, indeed.
  5. Martijn wrote

(Hey! "Franz list"! Hee hee hee hee! biggrin

shame )

And they call me a sado-masochist! biggrin
  6. Steven wrote
    Brokeback Mountain?

I don't think anyone would object to that one incurring a bit of dishonour. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Today a few more went INTO THE BOX...
    - An Ideal Husband (Charlie Mole)

Something from one of everyone's favourites there! dizzy

Hah! The last one is my fave of the bunch. A delightful film and an excellent score! Are most of the Charlie Mole cds you have going into the box? sad