• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote

Alice Adventures In Wonderland / Petulia - John Barry? I can understand dumping 'Alice' ( vomit ) but PETULIA is BRILLIANT!....oh well rolleyes

Alas Tim, I knew this choice was not for you. I do agree however, PETULIA is very good, but I'm too ashamed to have ALICE be picked up off my shelf by someone. It is after all, the one on the cover! But PETULIA will continue to get airplay from me, fear not. smile

I'm surprised I'm not the only one who was happy to sending Simba packing! cheesy

1) turn booklet cover around.

2) turn CD around.

Hey Presto! Cover and spine both say PETULIA. biggrin wink

Anyways, for that Zimmer choice you have been totally vindicated cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    You have my deepest sympathy tongue wink biggrin

He has my utmost RESPECT! beer cool biggrin

I haven't listened to LION KING in ages; you can consider it thrown in my virtual box too ;)

but
    the DEVILS ADVOCATE !?!?!?!? That's one of my all-time favorite scores! omg
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    I haven't listened to LION KING in ages; you can consider it thrown in my virtual box too wink

Not surprising - the OST is nothing representative of what the score is! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    Also The Governess Edward Shearmur / The Art of the Armenian Duduk Djivan Gasparian are 2 very soothing, intimate listens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Devil's Advocate is one of my favourite JNH scores too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I haven't listened to LION KING in ages; you can consider it thrown in my virtual box too wink

Not surprising - the OST is nothing representative of what the score is! wink

Well, in any case, i am not a huge fan of Zimmer's / -ish hakuna matatisms. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Umm.. if you mean something mickey-mousing like then the score has a negligible amount of that. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    Umm.. if you mean something mickey-mousing like then the score has a negligible amount of that. wink

No, i meant the african stuff, the way Zimmer does it;
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Art of the Armenian Duduk Djivan Gasparian are 2 very soothing, intimate listens.

Franz...you have incurred the wrath of ...THE DUDUK DUDE!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Srsly angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Art of the Armenian Duduk Djivan Gasparian are 2 very soothing, intimate listens.

Franz...you have incurred the wrath of ...THE DUDUK DUDE!

The DUDUK DUDE!?? where is that hilarity icon when you need it!? biggrin

D might just turn into the DUDUK of DEATH now.

played on film by Gene Hackman of course wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    You know people probably wouldn't be so congratulatory of Michael's choice if it wasn't for the constant mentioning of this bloody score!? dizzy

True!

This thread is turning into a 'Room 101' kinda thang.

applause
    I feel we should get to vote and/or make counterarguments, and then Franz will be forced to put on display those scores we like!

I'm all for audience participation. cool
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. DemonStar wrote

There will be fewer than 10 James Newton Howard scores left on my shelf at the end of this process. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    DemonStar wrote

There will be fewer than 10 James Newton Howard scores left on my shelf at the end of this process. cool

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    Devil's Advocate for me was also a one and done.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I'm actually surprised there will be that much! (As I know you share many opinions with James on JNH...?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    Devil's Advocate for me was also a one and done.

I'm impressed you managed to make it through it even once!
  3. Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I'm actually surprised there will be that much! (As I know you share many opinions with James on JNH...?)

Well, the six Shyamalans will stay, as will Snow Falling on Cedars. There only need to be three others for there to be 10! wink
  4. Timmer wrote

2) turn CD around.

Nice try, but I try not to use desperate means to keep titles on the shelf. I'm trying to get most of my collection into the box, remember. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As I was saying in another thread I'm going to be faced with a similiar situation very soon.
    Thomas
  5. Hopefully you will also be able to fashion a cause celebre in the way you proceed. The more the merrier.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009 edited
    Now he will tell us The Dancer Upstairs is going into the box....
  6. That, sir, is most unlikely.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote

2) turn CD around.

Nice try, but I try not to use desperate means to keep titles on the shelf. I'm trying to get most of my collection into the box, remember. wink

Fair nuff', If I ever get around to boxing up scores again ( yes, I did it once before and maybe I should did them out from the attic and give them the once over ) I think some people here would be surprised at what Barry scores I would box up. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote

2) turn CD around.

Fair nuff', If I ever get around to boxing up scores again ( yes, I did it once before and maybe I should did them out from the attic and give them the once over ) I think some people here would be surprised at what Barry scores I would box up. wink

I'm surprised you would box any up!

The only thing that worries me about the whole "boxing up" thing, which I've done myself in the past, is that because I can't bring myself to put anything by certain composers away, I end up with a hundred or more CDs from five or six composers and next to nothing by most others. And no matter what the intention is at the time... once the CD goes in that box, chances are it's never coming out.
  7. And that is why, my friends, there is even an Alexandre Desplat score in the box.

Nay, even an Elliot Goldenthal score.

Verily, even a John Williams score! (Several, actually. And no, I never bought HEARTBEEPS.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There is just too much to listen to and yet if you read in the thread about the new complete release of the 7th Voyage of Sinbad there are takers for sure even if the parties involved own two previous recordings.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010
    What happened with your box project Michael?
    Kazoo
  8. The box project got boxed itself!
    No, not quite... delayed for a while though. I need to start digitising cds again so that more can go... INTO THE BOX.