• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited
    kokodezil wrote
    You're sending maintitles fans to a You Tube Link without my WRITTEN permission?????? biggrin

lol
    Nice one. cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    Evacuation is the best part Timmer!It really rocks!!!!!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    kokodezil wrote
    How comes Timmer???You're sending maintitles fans to a You Tube Link without my WRITTEN permission?????? biggrin

Are you a master of the URL!??

I rest my case tongue wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    How do u get there,by the way,still can't find out? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    NP: The Killing Fields - Mike Oldfield

Pran's Theme is absolutely heartbreaking. sad

One of the very best short pieces ever written IMO.

Pran's Departure When the violins kick in at the one minute mark it just kills me.

Evacuation is good but I much prefer the orchestral / choral parts Koko, though I do enjoy the score as a whole.

This piece is magnificent...

Requiem For A City
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. The film is magnificient too! Though no, I don't think it's on youtube.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    kokodezil wrote
    How do u get there,by the way,still can't find out? confused

When you post on 'Add Your Comments' Press 'URL' to the left of 'SMILIES'

Then press quote on my Killing Fields post with the youtube on it, you should be able to see how it's done from there.
  2. let's put this in the right thread

NP: HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX --- James Hannigan

oh my god, what a sensational track "To Catch an Owl" shocked
    Hooper, are you hearing this? shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Yep I prefer Order of the Phoenix to Half-Blood Prince. Quite a mature videogame score, so alike Williams brilliant style. Hannigan is becoming the new Giacchino.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Iron Giant Michael Kamen

Fantastic score for a fantastic film. Seems to me Brad Bird has a knack for getting the best out of whoever he works with.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: The Power of One - Hans Zimmer

The hot weather puts me in the mood for African sounding scores. This is a great companion piece to bunny
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    I am talking THE MIST-like monster aliens and crap. Not dinos.

I suspect the word "Lovecraftian" would return a blank look from you, Demetris. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A what?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am talking THE MIST-like monster aliens and crap. Not dinos.

I suspect the word "Lovecraftian" would return a blank look from you, Demetris. wink

Yeah. Really.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cthulu think you are?

A great old one!??

I doubt D's any the wiser?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    HARRY WONDROUS WORLD - HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE BY MAESTRO

This is another favorite cue from Harry Potter scores. Maestro gave wonderful introduction to Harry Potter's world through his magical composition. Hats off to John Williams! LONG LIVE JOHN WILLIAMS!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited
    CHRISTOPHER YOUNG - the informes (2009)

Cool, breezy and smooth modern jazz of the finest kind. Evokes that lovely "driving down a long road" against a beautiful sunset feeling which i always appreciate when and if i can get it via music. Always Impressed by the diversity of the Chris Young palette.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Shifted to THE PEACEMAKER complete, by Hansi Zimmer out of a friends' reminder. Spot-on, adrenaline-pumped FUN ride. Love every second of it, plus also like how the premature Gladiator elements are all OVER the place. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Love every second of it

Every second?
    I think the "complete" is 2 and a half hours long or so... that's seriously overdosing, even if it were the best score in human history (which it's not, though it is enjoyable).
  5. The Final Conflict (Jerry Goldsmith)

The most memorable of The Omen soundtracks. Chilling and exciting. Gets totally under your skin. The choral cues are mindblowing. Jerry you will always be the man.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Panthera wrote
    NP: The Power of One - Hans Zimmer

The hot weather puts me in the mood for African sounding scores. This is a great companion piece to bunny

That's why Im listening...

NP:Blood Diamond

"london" is so addictive!

This score goes to beauty, to ferocity to mind blowing.

great!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Final Conflict (Jerry Goldsmith)

The most memorable of The Omen soundtracks. Chilling and exciting. Gets totally under your skin. The choral cues are mindblowing. Jerry you will always be the man.

Now THIS is a fantastic score!!! And yes, 'mindblowing' is the apt description of those magnificent choral cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Cthulu think you are?

A great old one!??

Or two of my favs of Lovecraft´s Universe: The Great Race of Yith and The Mi-Go.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Love every second of it

Every second?
    I think the "complete" is 2 and a half hours long or so... that's seriously overdosing, even if it were the best score in human history (which it's not, though it is enjoyable).

Actually, while I am not a big fan of it, the complete edition is the only I can digest of this score. One of the rare cases of it, too!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    CHRISTOPHER YOUNG - the informes (2009)

Cool, breezy and smooth modern jazz of the finest kind. Evokes that lovely "driving down a long road" against a beautiful sunset feeling which i always appreciate when and if i can get it via music. Always Impressed by the diversity of the Chris Young palette.

indeed, cool breezy score, nothing brilliant but classy Young nonetheless for another moment's listening
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Kinda like Shade?
    I love Young's Shade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Love every second of it

Every second?

2 half hours? I could do TWICE that! BRING IT ON!!!

(Srsly though, I love listening to long scores. And The Peacemaker keeps me entertained throughout.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Angels & Demons - Hans Zimmer

Election By Adoration was stuck in my head today for some reason, now enjoying it fully! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Peacemaker Hans Zimmer

One needs to let ones hair down from time to time.

punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and taste devil