• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    Yeap, the world of today.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Just take cover and wait for it to be over. That's the easiest thing to do. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm seriously considering trading in all my assets towards a goat and a generator.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Martijn wrote
    Just CNN right now...glued to the screen!

It's unbelievable how physically non-existent streams of money are influenced by nothing thay can be described differently than mass psychosis, and how elected representatives can be so scared or stupid they are unable to differentiate beween how something looks ("them Wall Street fat cast just wants us to bail 'em out and line their pockets and that ain't the American way, no sirree!") and what something is (a financial crisis about to bypass the creash of 1987)!

And to think it came down to only 13 votes. Good luck to all of them - they're going to need it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I'm seriously considering trading in all my assets towards a goat and a generator.

You could always move to Wales and live in a self sufficient hippy commune wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    In our country, our prime minister has done his first successful job.

He has invested in banks.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

ARGH!
    My disgust with self-serving, short-term financial opportunism clashes with my disdain for sixties-throwback unwashed sheep shaggers!
    LOVERS! Sheep LOVERS!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    *hIppY..!*****hippies?!!%#$()%!!** shocked shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

ARGH!
    My disgust with self-serving, short-term financial opportunism clashes with my disdain for sixties-throwback unwashed sheep shaggers!
    LOVERS! Sheep LOVERS!

No that's just the Welsh wink

We could set up our own film score commune complete with wind powered generator to play scores 24/7 biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah! And when the wind drops off and the CD player drops to playing just one extended note, we can always pretend it's the latest Glass! biggrin

Speaking of which, where's that damn bottle?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah! And when the wind drops off and the CD player drops to playing just one extended note, we can always pretend it's the latest Glass! biggrin

shocked WTF!? Below the belt Sir! crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Speaking of which, where's that damn bottle?

Now that was funny! biggrin beer
  2. It's not recent viewing, but I must say if this is any indication of what the film will be like, I will be going to see my first Oliver Stone film at the cinema since that outrageous football film he made:
    http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2008/09/ … t_have.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2008
    Le Jaguar (The Jaguar)
    A French comedy by director Francis Veber, whose other two films - Le Placard (The Closet) and Le Diner de Cons (The Dinner Game) I enjoyed greatly. Jaguar is ok... not as funny as the other two. It's about an Amazonian adventure to recover a shaman's soul. All 3 films have their scores (by Vladimir Cosma) released on a compilation.
    Outstanding main theme that takes a leaf from John Barry's book. punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    HOW TO LOSE FRIENDS AND ALIENATE PEOPLE

Enjoyable and quite crude in places (hiring a transexual stripper for your boss on "bring your daughter to work day") for example. biggrin Plotwise it's essentially The Devil Wears Prada but with Pegg instead of Hathaway, and with a lot more swearing. 3/5

A rather typical comedy score by Arnold, but a few decent pieces of music (the opening especially) that I hope make it onto the soundtrack. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Ok, first session of the Sitges Film Festival 2008:

TRANSSIBERIAN

Partially disappointed. My hopes were high after Brad Anderson´s "Session 9" and "The Machinist", but this film doesn´t live up to those two. Sadly, the story is weak (after an hour of footage nothing has really happened) and the climax is standard, clichéd and boring...in other words, the anticlimax. At least the performances are quite strong (Ben Kingldey being the best, but notable acting by Emily Mortimer, Woody Harrelson and Eduardo Noriega). Too bad Roque Baños left the project, at least the score would have been interesting. Instead, the score is totally unnnoticeable.

CROWS ZERO

Fans of Takashi Miike, you´ll like this one. Action and more action in a high school, yakuza and Miike´s humour touches for the adaptation of a manga. Those who liked "Volcano High" will like Crows Zero (I prefer the former though).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    BURN AFTER READING

What an absolutely witty, clever and genius little movie, a grand anti-prelude to stupidity! With TOTALLY incredible performances (Pitt is phenomenal, Clooney is histerical and Malkovich is purely captivating), wholly realistic (sadly) plotline which shows just that: how incredibly, unbelievably stupid many people truly are, ruining and messing up everyone else's lives just because of their immense cretinism! What a breath of fresh air this is, i am really surprised and excited by it! Separates the true filmmakers from the money-loving littleboys i guess.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    BURN AFTER READING

What an absolutely witty, clever and genius little movie, a grand anti-prelude to stupidity! With TOTALLY incredible performances (Pitt is phenomenal, Clooney is histerical and Malkovich is purely captivating), wholly realistic (sadly) plotline which shows just that: how incredibly, unbelievably stupid many people truly are, ruining and messing up everyone else's lives just because of their immense cretinism! What a breath of fresh air this is, i am really surprised and excited by it! Separates the true filmmakers from the money-loving littleboys i guess.

What is the film about?! I've seen loads of trailers for it at the cinema over the past few weeks and I still have no idea what the plot is about. It looks awesome but I can't tell whether it's meant to be a comedy or what. cool
  3. The Prestige

It was on TV today and what a great movie it is. Christopher Nolan did it again. Great cinematography and acting, Julyan's brooding ambient simply works (though I'd have lived without a song in the end credits) and the whole thing what is illusion, what is the life about was amazing. I know it's based on a novel.

Also interesting is the depiction of conflict between Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The Prestige

It was on TV today and what a great movie it is. Christopher Nolan did it again. Great cinematography and acting, Julyan's brooding ambient simply works (though I'd have lived without a song in the end credits) and the whole thing what is illusion, what is the life about was amazing. I know it's based on a novel.

Also interesting is the depiction of conflict between Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison.

To be honest, I have enjoyed all of Nolan's films thus far but I was particularly surprised by this one. Very enjoyable - must see it again soon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    BURN AFTER READING

Mixed reviews but mostly possitive. I love the Coen Bros movies ( mostly but not all....Ladykillers anyone!? rolleyes ) and this sounds like a very interesting one well worth checking out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Stand and Deliver.

Saw that just a few days ago. It now has to be my favourite classroom drama, bar none. And the main teacher character eclipses any Harry Potter professor in terms of coolness, if you ask me!

And of course, the latin-flavoured Craig Safan score is delightful. It's an older Varese title (back when they were labeled VSD-47xxx, and there were announcing their projected plan for a "Limited CD Club". The original one!!!), but worth getting if you can find it.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BURN AFTER READING is a genius portrayal of the cretinism and idiocy that burdens this world.
  4. Dark City - Director's Cut (Blu-Ray)

Still a wonderful film, very well told and acted, with some stunning imagery and visual effects. I also love how the image quality on the Blu-ray disc is so incredible I see stuff I didn't notice were there when I watched the DVD. The story is complex but is handled so well by director Alex Proyas and the cast you never become lost. And the finale is breathtaking in the audiovisual department. Trevor Jones really delivered some brilliant cues for this film.

8 out of 10
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Prestige is a great movie indeed. Wait until you see it a second time. The things you will find out then will burn your brains out, starting with the very first frame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Prestige is a great movie indeed. Wait until you see it a second time. The things you will find out then will burn your brains out, starting with the very first frame.

Indeed, love it. Haven't watched it a 2nd time yet but i am sure there's a lot in it indeed than the first time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008 edited
    I most definitely need to see the Prestige. I have a friend who won't stop raving about it, and for good reason, I have no doubt. I also have a very hard time getting into David Julyan's score, and perhaps experiencing the film will help me appreciate the music.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  6. It will. Julyan's ambient score does work wonders, even if it's largely atonal.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. It's more drones than atonal, isn't it? Not so much lacking a tonal centre so much as never departing from it? wink
  8. HeeroJF wrote
    I most definitely need to see the Prestige. I have a friend who won't stop raving about it, and for good reason, I have no doubt. I also have a very hard time getting into David Julyan's score, and perhaps experiencing the film will help me appreciate the music.

Julyan's score is perfect for the movie, but I have indeed a hard time appreciating on CD, where I discover it to be boring as hell confused
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh