• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It´s perfect background music for writing mysterious scenes.
  2. franz_conrad wrote
    It's more drones than atonal, isn't it? Not so much lacking a tonal centre so much as never departing from it? wink

Does it have one? biggrin

I just reminded myself of the music where the strings go crazy by the end during an important scene related to water.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    It's more drones than atonal, isn't it? Not so much lacking a tonal centre so much as never departing from it? wink

Yeah, i agree with Michael. I'd say there's nothing atonal about it; just dissonant ambience.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    btw, anyone saw KM31 (KILOMETRO 31) the latest Mexican horror thingy everyone's talking about? If yes, i have some questions about the fudged up ending!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    Maybe everyone talks about it a bit more, eventually the last few remaining nations that haven't switched to the metric system finally will? *poke* *prod* *tease* tongue spin
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Haha about time you switched! We've been having it for ages (Cyprus and Greece) wink

So, did anyone see it? I am really looking forward to talk about it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Sorry, not me. I'll let you know if I hear anything about it. If it really is that classy, maybe in a few months the video store up my street will have it: they specialize in noteworthy foreign films and classics.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You'll love it if you like the shit your pants ring-type of films.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    childish mode

Haha he said shit and pants and ring in the same sentence biggrin

childish mode off
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008 edited
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the..Ok you know.

I rewatched again.

There are 2 movies . The good one and the bad one. Luckly the good one wins.

Spierlberg is at the top of his game here. With amazing set action pieces, very dinamic and visual scenes and very entertaning from the beggining to the end.

Sadly Lucas is here too.... And dialogues like "Ouch" , " I have a bad feeling about it" , characters like Oxlley or Mac are so annoying than almost makes Attack of the clones and his midicloryans Godfather II .The Fridge and The Monkey scenes don't help either.

My favourite parts are The motorcycle chase (all the movie like this please!) and the scenes in the City of Gold (more old fashioned with a wisdom combination of CGI and Art Direction.
    (and as a guilty pleasure the ridicolous but highly vibrant Jungle chase)

PS: I really think Lucas tried to delete some years in Ford's face with the computer. You can see this in some frames of the opening scene in Area 51.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    He could have deleted all the movie.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote

touché! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote

LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the..Ok you know.

I rewatched again.

There are 2 movies . The good one and the bad one. Luckly the good one wins.

Spierlberg is at the top of his game here. With amazing set action pieces, very dinamic and visual scenes and very entertaning from the beggining to the end.

Sadly Lucas is here too.... And dialogues like "Ouch" , " I have a bad feeling about it" , characters like Oxlley or Mac are so annoying than almost makes Attack of the clones and his midicloryans Godfather II .The Fridge and The Monkey scenes don't help either.

My favourite parts are The motorcycle chase (all the movie like this please!) and the scenes in the City of Gold (more old fashioned with a wisdom combination of CGI and Art Direction.
    (and as a guilty pleasure the ridicolous but highly vibrant Jungle chase)

PS: I really think Lucas tried to delete some years in Ford's face with the computer. You can see this in some frames of the opening scene in Area 51.

Where did you see it this time Jordi, is it available on DVD already?

I only saw it the once at the cinema and would really like to view this again....maybe I'm a sucker for punishment!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    screener wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    screener wink

A wha dat?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You know; these guys that film a movie in the cinema hall with a cheap camera and pass it around in the net as a "DVD SCREENER" or "DVD CAM", that is bullshit to describe the above crappy situation.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    screener wink

A wha dat?

Cinema/promo/press copies that leak out onto the internet early. Jordi is a pirate. cool

(with a wooden leg and eyepatch)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    You know; these guys that film a movie in the cinema hall with a cheap camera and pass it around in the net as a "DVD SCREENER" or "DVD CAM", that is bullshit to describe the above crappy situation.

Ahhh! Right, got you!! smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No, "CAM" is the crappy person with a video recorder - "SCREENER" (a real one) is the stuff that goes to trailer companies to hack up and to promo screenings. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No, "CAM" is the crappy person with a video recorder - "SCREENER" (a real one) is the stuff that goes to trailer companies to hack up and to promo screenings. wink

Ok, double "get it" smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote
    childish mode

Haha he said shit and pants and ring in the same sentence biggrin

childish mode off

So did you! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    screener wink

Great quality.

What is the concensus about this film?

( I saw rotten tomatoes ones..I mean you ,guys)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

my bad, both are crap though, the essence remains. Especially when it comes to "Screener" the video quality might be a little better than the cam one but the sound still sucks 90% of times.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

my bad, both are crap though, the essence remains. Especially when it comes to "Screener" the video quality might be a little better than the cam one but the sound still sucks 90% of times.

Screeners can be ok...good ones are near DVD quality, but as you say, they all suck in the end. DVD and Blu-Ray for the win!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Screeners can be ok...good ones are near DVD quality, but as you say, they all suck in the end. DVD and Blu-Ray for the win!

Support legal!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Support legal!

Indeed I do! There's no point in downloading things, as no matter how "good" the creator claims it will be, the quality will always be lost through compression/ripping/recording etc.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good man Ant beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Support legal!

Indeed I do! There's no point in downloading things, as no matter how "good" the creator claims it will be, the quality will always be lost through compression/ripping/recording etc.

If the dvd is < or = 4.7 gb, then you have a direct copy of it and no loss of quality. If it's a dual layer and you use dual layer to write it and no compression, again you have the same quality. Anything else (that is dual layer to single layer compression or the usual 700-1000+mb files tha gets out on torrents) is of lesser quality. Simple maths.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008 edited
    I think someone knows a little too much about ripping movies! tongue