• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    South park replacing the Avatar native people with the Smurfs, really funny material!

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=TXHU55YO

That only directs me to some advertisement or software and stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Me too. I think I'll just download the whole episode as I haven't seen many from season 13.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's very funny, and edgy, season 13.

Check out this alternate link for the above:

http://www.watchsouthparkonline.net/sea … th-smurfs/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009
    So, just started watching a programme about Avatar and the presenter began by saying "This film will revolutionise cinema the same way as sound and colour did." No hype here!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    oooo-kay
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009 edited
    Quoting Roger Ebert:

Avatar is not simply a sensational entertainment, although it is that. It's a technical breakthrough. [...] Cameron promised he'd unveil the next generation of 3-D in Avatar. I'm a notorious skeptic about this process, a needless distraction from the perfect realism of movies in 2-D. Cameron's iteration is the best I've seen -- and more importantly, one of the most carefully-employed. The film never uses 3-D simply because it has it, and doesn't promiscuously violate the fourth wall. He also seems quite aware of 3-D's weakness for dimming the picture, and even with a film set largely in interiors and a rain forest, there's sufficient light. I saw the film in 3-D on a good screen at the AMC River East and was impressed. It might be awesome in True IMAX. Good luck in getting a ticket before February.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc … /912119998
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Great review.

"At 163 minutes, the film doesn't feel too long. It contains so much. The human stories. The Na'vi stories, for the Na'vi are also developed as individuals. The complexity of the planet, which harbors a global secret. The ultimate warfare, with Jake joining the resistance against his former comrades. Small graceful details like a floating creature that looks like a cross between a blowing dandelion seed and a drifting jellyfish, and embodies goodness. Or astonishing floating cloud-islands".

CAN´T.WAIT!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009
    Avatar, Inglourious Basterds Top NYFCO Awards

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61600

and.....

"There are visionary filmmakers - and then there's James Cameron, who pushes the envelope of what is possible on the screen every time he makes a film. He doesn't do it nearly often enough. "

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/

(40 fresh 4 stupids :P)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    And Also...Nominated for the Golden Globes!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/ … _noms_here

I think it's the first time a SCI FIC movie is nominated in the Best movie category! Cameron did it with Weaver and the best actress nomination for Aliens, and now it does again with Avatar!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    I just saw the film in Norway's best theatre, in 3D.

I have just one word to describe the experience.

Magic.

Just magic.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Great, i'll be seeing it tomorrow night! How's the score in the film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Great, i'll be seeing it tomorrow night! How's the score in the film?

It's superb, especially the haunting and melancholic theme for the main character and whole Nav'i spirituality. It soars like only Horner can at his very best.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. It´s tomorrow night for me as well. The score should arrive today, but I think with just one day left, I´ll try to postpone listening to it until after the movie, though chances of success are rather small.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice! Isn't the story a bit of Pocahontas meats a bit of Titanic love story meets Braveheart (the whole 'they're taking our land, this is our land' speeches, one man leading all, etc etc) ? At least that's what the trailer suggest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And Smurfs. Don't forget Smurfs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahah biggrin Have you seen that episode?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The Last Samurai too.
  2. Which itself is a rip-off of Dances with Wolves. Some critics referred to it even as Dancing with Samurai, I think
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I just saw the film in Norway's best theatre, in 3D.

I have just one word to describe the experience.

Magic.

Just magic.

cool

I'm seeing it on Saturday.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited
    The story is hardly new, but I won´t hold that against it; it´s a classic tale worth retelling.

It´s the tale of the outsider who falls in love with another way of life (usually represented by a nice girl, which might influence the outsider´s decision), that is threatened by the hero´s own people. The outcome depends on the mood and mindset of the storyteller. Sometimes they all die, sometimes the heroes run away to fight another day, sometimes they win.

What really matters is the spiritual journey involved, and that´s what I´m most looking forward to, beside the imaginative world building and how that new 3D tech will enhance it all. And I guess that Cameron is a genius regarding to gripping action scenes might help to enjoy the whole thing, too. A lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Agree, Ralph. Most films follow some sort of basic pattern in their storyline and this is a pattern which has produced some excellent films in the past.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Plus the blue chick's quite attractive. Or is that just me?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Kirk would agree with you everytime! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, she'd rate about a 9.0 on the Kirk-O-Meter.

Strange since Zoe Saldana who plays the blue chick in question also played Uhura in the new Star Trek film who had a green roommate who Kirk scored with. Now there's a connection and a half. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You're right! That didn't occur to me. cool

p.s. blue chicks, green chicks...whaddever, if they look like that who's bothered about the colour lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh, and the 'tail' thang could be quite, shall we say interesting!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    shame - how I feel reading the above comments...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    About the complexity of the history:

1- A complex history doesn't make a better film. it's how the whole thing works. I mean, Million Dollar Baby was not the most original script out there, but it was how Easwood take care of the characters.

2- The argument in this film is just an excuse to show the world of Pandora. So a most complex history could distract us to the real experience of the movie : the experience.

I have my tickets for Friday!