• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2010
    Age is but a number: people don't die from age but from wear and tear.
    As long as her heart is fine though (which seems to be the main concern here), I have much confidence things will turn out for the best!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Anthony wrote
    I'm still going to buy the CD, but it seems like a backwards way of doing things if something is delayed.

The proper way to have done it would be to charge your credit card when they ship the material.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've been through similiar situations Stavi and all I can say is that its really tough.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2010 edited
    My thoughts are with you Stavi.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010
    Hang in there Stavi. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your grandma.
    http://imgur.com/fmuz3.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010
    Bhel this is wonderful! You put a big smile on my face! smile kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010
    I can't say that this is the most appropriate thread in which to post this but I suppose it's the only one that comes close, so here goes...

Tonight I witnessed quite possibly the most horrifying thing I've ever seen in person. I arrived back from uni early this morning and was invited out tonight by some friends who were already back home. We went to our usual pub and everything was great. I decided to leave early because I felt tired due to the early flight I took in the morning. Anyway, I was making my way about 50m up the road from the pub to the bus stop and was about to cross the road when a group of seven young girls ran out into the road and were ploughed into by a large truck. Three of them were hit and killed instantly, I was told afterwards; another two were rushed to hospital but were in a severe condition. It was absolutely horrific - all of this happened no more than 10m ahead of me. The police spoke to me afterwards and took my details in case the investigation goes any further. From what I could tell, the driver of the truck wasn't responsible at all - it seems to have been a case of the girls' impatience to cross the road.

I feel very guilty as one of them had stopped to ask me for a cigarette lighter seconds beforehand (she saw me smoking) which I couldn't offer her. If I had one, I could have given them a few moments. sad

I'm just very shaken and upset at the moment - I hope you all understand.

sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh jesus, Lee. sad
    What a terrible thing to happen and to have to witness.

Do you have someone to talk to?
    Stay with a friend or so?

You shouldn't be alone tonight, I think.

Just awful, man. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Oh my God. My sympathies to the families.

Hang in there Lee!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010 edited
    Well I went straight home and I think I've calmed down a bit now, though I don't think I'll be able to shift that image for a while. The only reason I posted here so soon is because I'm just lying in bed trying to drift off but I know for a fact that I'd only tell you guys since I can't think of any other forum with such respectable members.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It is good to talk things through and we can listen with being judgmental in anyway. Don't be afraid to speak to a professional if you feel you need to.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010 edited
    Dear God... that's horrid. It was a good decision to share it with us, because keeping such things to yourself only intensifies the trauma. What happened is not your fault, I hope you're able to put it behind you ASAP. I hope the other two girls who were injured are able to recover properly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What a horrible thing to happen and for you to witness...how are you today? Feeling better? It will be hard, but i really think and hope you'll be able to talk about it and slowly bring it to the back of your head with the time, Lee.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's horrible Lee. I hope you can somehow forget that asap.
    Kazoo
  2. wow, that's a horrible story, must have been incredibly difficult to witness that
    I hope you can get this behind you soon shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's terrible, just remember you had no idea what was going to happen. I hope you are able to put it behind you soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    That's awful Lee !
    I had a similar experience in my teens .
    When I was on my way home from school , I saw an elderly woman who crossed the street run over by a tram a few feet in front of me ! The most horrible thing I've ever witnessed in my life . I clearly remember her handbag that flew in the air as if it was catapulted out ! Just terrible ... In time you give such events a place in the back of your head . Don't be affraid to talk about it if you feel the need to . Wishing you all the best ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thanks guys. I managed to get a good sleep last night so I'm just hoping I can forget about it as soon as possible. I was tempted to call the hospital this morning to check up on how the other two girls got on but, expecting the worst, I figured I really didn't want to know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lee, where the girls drunk or just impatient? It's awful that things like that can happen so easily...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    How horrible, Lee. I can imagine that this experience will always be with you. It's very human to feel guilty after such an event, but there was no way of knowing at the time what was about to happen.

I can imagine that there must be some news stories about such a big accident. Perhaps you can learn more about the hospitalized girls that way. I'm not sure if it will be good therapy to seek it out and learn as much as you can, or whether it's best just to try to forget about it.

Peter sad
  3. Lee, that's a horrible incident to witness.

I'd recommend speaking to someone - even if it's just a local GP. Post-traumatic stress can affect people after a whole number of incidents. Nip it in the bud and get some advice before it's allowed to develop into something more.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. plindboe wrote
    How horrible, Lee. I can imagine that this experience will always be with you. It's very human to feel guilty after such an event, but there was no way of knowing at the time what was about to happen.

What Peter says is right. It will be with you in some form or another from now on. And guilt is a natural response.

But these feelings can be controlled if they are something that's going to be a part of your life. That's why I recommend speaking to someone now - even though you may not feel you need to at the moment.

The police involved with the incident may have a number for post-traumatic stress advice.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The police involved with the incident may have a number for post-traumatic stress advice.

That is very good advice Alan gave there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can only echo others' comments. That's a terrible thing to witness, one that I'm sure will stay with you your whole life.

I will add that try not to go over "what ifs". Don't beat yourself up about what you could have done to save them... I'm sure in your head you know it would have been impossible to know, but I'm sure that doesn't prevent you from feeling there was something you could have done. But it's not worth even thinking about! I know it sounds like an obvious thing to say, but do try not to dwell on what ifs. And like people have said, if it does pray on your mind, confront in it anyway possible.

sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Best wishes for your grandma's recovery, Stavi.

And Lee, what a truly horrific incident to witness. It's one of those things you may read about or see in the news, but usually never see yourself. Hope you're able to repress the incident properly; into the subconscious where it belongs.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Steven wrote
    I'm sure in your head you know it would have been impossible to know, but I'm sure that doesn't prevent you from feeling there was something you could have done. But it's not worth even thinking about! I know it sounds like an obvious thing to say, but do try not to dwell on what ifs. And like people have said, if it does pray on your mind, confront in it anyway possible.

Good advice, Steven.

But it's difficult to be rational in these circumstances.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have a particularly emotionally irrational disposition, so I couldn't agree more. sad

Has it been on the news at all, Lee? How you feeling about it at the moment?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I haven't heard about it all, though it may appear in one of the local newspapers this coming week.

I've been dealing with it quite well I must say. I have a lot of studying to be getting on with so fortunately I've been about to cast my mind on other things for long periods at a time.
  6. LSH wrote
    I've been dealing with it quite well I must say. I have a lot of studying to be getting on with so fortunately I've been about to cast my mind on other things for long periods at a time.

Just make sure that it doesn't come back at some point in the future and floor you - that's always a possibility. Try and deal with it sooner and on your own terms, because it could take over.

But that all depends upon the individual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010
    Listen to Alan, the voice of wisdom.
    Thomas