• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Agreed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010
    Everyone else has said what I would have said so I have nothing to add. What a horrendous thing to witness.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Keep us posted as to how you're doing.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Blood pressure is still a bit on the high side. Went to the doctor last week and he adjusted my medication and made sure I was clot free. Perhaps my cholesterol is up again which the blood samples should reveal.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    That's a horrible thing to witness indeed. Take care, Lee!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010
    Horrible cover up by US Army from 2007 is now exposed by Wikileaks
    http://wikileaks.org/

sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    Horrible cover up by US Army from 2007 is now exposed by Wikileaks
    http://wikileaks.org/

sad

I just saw the images on television, by coincidence, as it was on when I arrived on the channel. I was shocked. Cruel images.
    Kazoo
  2. Very disturbing to say the least. While I realise this is how it is in a warzone, it's shocking to see that happen for real, but what I found more shocking were the guys manning the guns, they were just itching to shoot the place up, just like in a videogame. They were literally excited to kill those men. I don't know, but getting exciting because you want to kill some guys, innocent or not is plain wrong ! It's time the Americans get their a$$es out of there.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010
    I'm disappointed in D. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Why?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He's been away for a number of days and he hasn't filled the board with 167 new replies....da man is slippin'. uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey, give me some time man! The quest for topping thread killer status is still on!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010 edited
    Well he said it before, if he's not doing his thing here, he's either without internet or dead. I presume it's the first. I hope it isn't the second. smile

Edit: ah, beat me to it. wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Very disturbing to say the least. While I realise this is how it is in a warzone, it's shocking to see that happen for real, but what I found more shocking were the guys manning the guns, they were just itching to shoot the place up, just like in a videogame. They were literally excited to kill those men. I don't know, but getting exciting because you want to kill some guys, innocent or not is plain wrong ! It's time the Americans get their a$$es out of there.

It's nothing shocking for some people i guess, with that sick lifestyle some are sporting, the everyone who's dark skinned and grows a beard - apart us citizens that is, is a bloody terrst who wants to Jihad America's ass and blow it up and the thin line between movies / games and real life for some people. Sadly they find their asses behind controls (e.g. an apache helicopter), places (e.g. a warzone) there should never be in the first place.

Those men had families.

They were journalists carrying photo cameras for FUCK's sake.

There were children in there.

Did you hear the gunmen / pilots' comments? Retards. Bloody retards.
  4. I guess those GI's will be going home with their tails between their legs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm in two minds about it.
    On the one hand it is a war zone, and tragedies invariably happen when there's loads of people with loads of weapons about...including wrong judgment calls.
    This happens in regions like that where most everybody is armed.
    It's a terrible tragedy.

And the pilots' attitude is no different than any soldier ever since the invention of ranged weapons.
    The very fact that you don't look your enemy in the eye has made war (psychologically and emotionally) easier. And as a soldier you can't afford to get caught up emotionally. That's why you see "desensitizing" like we hear in those comments. This is NO different from ANY war zone recording I have ever heard from WWII onwards! It's very easy for us to be judgmental in the comfort of our own homes.

On the other hand the fact that the military staff tried to keep this under wraps (business as usual...slant) rather than to acknowledge that it, was a horrible and stupid mistake and start a formal investigation (which probably would not have resulted in indicting anyone anyway!).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Yep, the coverup is infinitely more wrong than the mistake from those soldiers, and it's easy to judge from here, but I'm pretty sure some young men enlist just so they can shoot 'bad guys' and use big guns. They do it for their country after all. America's full of patriots like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i am not one to talk from the comfort of my house, but i've observed my fair share of thermal camera military targets when i served for 26 months in Cyprus and armed people definitely don't look like that video..the video was pretty clear, did those men look like carrying weapons and being dangerous to you?

They opposed no real danger to anyone, even seemingly. They were walking down the road, the us soldiers were away in their armed-as-fuck helicopter, the poor journalists weren't even looking towards them! It's really sad, especially the 'they deserved it, they should have never been there in the first place' attitude of the aftermath comments. They seemed pretty obsessed with the whole thing, they were actually imaging and seeing things...and when others agree with you, it piles up and the illusion gets worse; self-hypnosis / self-suggestion's a bitch and this is really sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yep, the coverup is infinitely more wrong than the mistake from those soldiers, and it's easy to judge from here, but I'm pretty sure some young men enlist just so they can shoot 'bad guys' and use big guns. They do it for their country after all. America's full of patriots like that.

Yeah, but things aren't exactly turning up good in Iraq. Whoever's responsible, the situation and the country's pretty fucked up and nobody's actually helping it, if you've been following the recent developments (but of course not just the recent news, but frequently monitoring world news). It's about time they left that place, it's already chaos and they're partly responsible for it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yep, the coverup is infinitely more wrong than the mistake from those soldiers, and it's easy to judge from here, but I'm pretty sure some young men enlist just so they can shoot 'bad guys' and use big guns. They do it for their country after all. America's full of patriots like that.

Not just America.
    Like I said: this kind of an attitude is really of all ages, and of all nationalities.

While Hollywood is telling us now that wars are matters of somber introverted reflection (after decades of telling us it was grand heroic gesturing), of course neither is true (and BOTH are true. In a sense.).

It's just self-preservation more often than not.
    You simply can't stop and consider what each and every bullet you fire does.
    It would drive you insane.
    Hence the "attitude". It's just an act most of the time.

Though of course sometimes it may very well not be. Standard emotional and psychological reactions aside, I would be hard pressed to deny that there are a lot of no-hoper loonies in any army anywhere. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    Today I caught and put to death four members of a circus troupe.

Time to get some medicine for Gomez slant
  6. Timmer wrote
    Today I caught and put to death four members of a circus troupe.

Time to get some medicine for Gomez slant

Ah, gotcha! Took a couple of reads though!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I don't get it at all. spin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I don't get it at all. spin

Perhaps if you knew Gomez is the name of my cat ( not Mipsi... rolleyes wink ) it will be clearer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Aaah. How cruel! shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I must be really tired.
    I still have no idea what this is all about.

You've killed some clowns?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer killed three cats more than me, and nobody even notices or punishes!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fleas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010 edited
    I suspect it has to do something with FLEAS! wink

edited: Damn, Steven preceded me!