• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2010
    A good friend's sister was struck and killed by a drunk driver. What really bothers me is the state of California is far too lenient when it comes down to handing out stiff sentences. Money wise they are tough with a $10,000 fine for a first offense but in my mind this is murder and should be treated as such. There is no excuse.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    He was 16 and killed three. The initial talk is he's a minor and will be tried as one. Makes me angry.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's horrible Tom and I'm very sorry to hear about that.

I also agree with you that it should be treated as murder, sentences are soft here too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    More medical related problems to the stroke. Now my stroke foot and ankle are swollen up making it difficult to walk. Yes I'm going to the doctor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    I hope it's not something too serious Tom! Keep us posted!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. Sorry to hear about your problem, Tom. I hope that things get sorted out.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010
    I'm supposed to fly to Budapest tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM, but it looks like the volcano ashes are going to hit Southern Norway at EXACTLY the same time! Damn, what horrible timing.... slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The sound imaging was quite a procedure. It was quite complete and showed that there were no clots a good thing but they still don't know what is causing the swelling as all of the tests have yet to come in.
    Thomas
  2. Maybe the swelling is down to lymphatics rather than blood? It could be that compromised nerve function is affecting the fluid balance.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This was something that the doctor brought out as something that it could be
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    i had an interesting thing happen with yahoo and my home page automatically changing
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010 edited
    sdtom wrote
    i had an interesting thing happen with yahoo and my home page automatically changing

Have you had an infection and something's highjacking your homepage?

I sometimes see people recommending Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Could it be that you visited Intrada's forum recently? I've noticed that they've been plagued by some sort of problems with possible infection (I'm no expert so don't know whether this statement is true or not) and I've had a couple of pop-ups warning me of some possible suspiciousness there recently.
  3. My boss is such an incredible dick at times, today I nearly felt the urge to verbally attack him. But I kept my mouth shut all the while ignoring him the best I could. But inside the rage just kept on building. crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    My boss is such an incredible dick at times, today I nearly felt the urge to verbally attack him. But I kept my mouth shut all the while ignoring him the best I could. But inside the rage just kept on building. crazy

Don't let him live inside your head for free.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote

Have you had an infection and something's highjacking your homepage?

I sometimes see people recommending Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Could it be that you visited Intrada's forum recently? I've noticed that they've been plagued by some sort of problems with possible infection (I'm no expert so don't know whether this statement is true or not) and I've had a couple of pop-ups warning me of some possible suspiciousness there recently.

nothing in my system alan. I've had trouble off and on with Yahoo before
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    My boss is such an incredible dick at times, today I nearly felt the urge to verbally attack him. But I kept my mouth shut all the while ignoring him the best I could. But inside the rage just kept on building. crazy

We all had those my friend, believe me. Just don't let him get to you, sometimes these guys say stuff just to say something, to not let you know relax that everything's going well and you're doing thing in fact all right, but to constantly make you believe there are minor stuff you should be correcting all the time, to keep you apt, alert and going.

Let's hope he doesn't read maintitles; and you haven't posted that on facebook too wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010 edited
    I say bottle the rage up and bury it deep down. Let him shout at you and take everything he gives to you with a smile on your face....

....is what I would say in opposite world.

Stand up to him without resorting to his tactics. Try to show him you're no push over (perhaps you are? I don't know you I'm afraid... in which case change), because you should NEVER let people take advantage of you or treat you like that. Things like that piss me off no end and is something I feel very strongly about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010
    That is stupid to post like that. If you're angry write a short letter, and then throw it away. It'll help get it out of your system.
    Thomas
  4. Lost repeats on Sky1 bumping the penultimate episode of Season 2 of Fringe to next week.

crazy
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Let's hope he doesn't read maintitles; and you haven't posted that on facebook too wink

Well in our stupid little bilingual country, the guy only knows how to speak french, so no problem there.

Steven wrote
    I say bottle the rage up and bury it deep down. Let him shout at you and take everything he gives to you with a smile on your face....

....is what I would say in opposite world.

Stand up to him without resorting to his tactics. Try to show him you're no push over (perhaps you are? I don't know you I'm afraid... in which case change), because you should NEVER let people take advantage of you or treat you like that. Things like that piss me off no end and is something I feel very strongly about.

The thing is, this guy can get away with anything and says what he wants and does what he wants. My main problem is I have a problem standing up to such people, my way of coping with them is to not talk to them, but that only enrages me further as I don't have a plan of attack, or defense for that matter. I'm not at all socially adaptive to stand up to such people. They always have a comment that always leaves me completely vulnerable, not knowing how to respond. My solution then is to keep my anger to myself and talk behind his back to others about what a a-hole he really is. Not the solution I know, but it's the best I know how to do. slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. sdtom wrote
    That is stupid to post like that. If you're angry write a short letter, and then throw it away. It'll help get it out of your system.
    Thomas

A short letter won't make it go away Tom. Because the mere fact of watching him act and talk and do his stuff is making me want to vomit

He used to be a somewhat nice guy once, but he turned into an egocentric and selfish bastard over the years, to the point where I can't stand him any longer. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Time to look for another job then. The only person whose attitude will change is you. It might not be fair but no one ever taught me growing up that life is fair.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well yeah, Tom's right. If you can't stand him, time to depart. Otherwise if you want that job, it's going to be hard digging that down and not expressing yourself.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Lost repeats on Sky1 bumping the penultimate episode of Season 2 of Fringe to next week.

crazy

The Fringe finale was pretty poor imo. Look forward to hearing your thoughts though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    First exam today.... shame
  7. LSH wrote

Good luck with the exams, Lee.
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    Well yeah, Tom's right. If you can't stand him, time to depart. Otherwise if you want that job, it's going to be hard digging that down and not expressing yourself.

The good thing is, in 2-3 years he'll be retiring, so if I just keep it together until then I'll be okay I think. It's not the most glamorous job but it pays well enough and I've grown used to it so much I wouldn't know what I else I could be doing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Also, finding a new job is not that easy - at least here in Hungary, at the moment. But I don't think it would be much easier elsewhere either.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote

Good luck, Lee punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    On the positive I've found when you have a job its much easier to find one. Otherwise change the attitude and you'll be happier.
    Thomas