• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    My smartphone has had to go back to HTC for repairs. sad

Occasionally, it would just switch off for no reason, begin a reboot, get only so far and then switch off again. It would keep doing this until I took out the battery. Now I'm lumbered with a "loan phone" that just works as a phone!! I've been told that it could take 10-28 days for me to get it back depending on the problem.

Remember Alan when a phone was nothing else???
    listen to more classical music!
  1. sdtom wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    My smartphone has had to go back to HTC for repairs. sad

Occasionally, it would just switch off for no reason, begin a reboot, get only so far and then switch off again. It would keep doing this until I took out the battery. Now I'm lumbered with a "loan phone" that just works as a phone!! I've been told that it could take 10-28 days for me to get it back depending on the problem.

Remember Alan when a phone was nothing else???

Yes I do!

I also remember when public pay phones were like this: http://www.1900s.org.uk/1940s-images/phone-a-b.jpg Although I only remember these phones from one place: a caravan park in Morecambe we used to go when I was a child.

Once you lifted the handset, you fed the coins into a holding slot at the top of the box. You then dialled the number. If someone answered, you had to press Button A in order to be heard. If no-one answered, you pressed Button B and the coins were returned to you.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    Phone boxes also mostly smelt of stale cigerettes, BO, alcohol and piss a lot of the time......ah but to have the "good ol' days" back.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011 edited
    Asthma! I got diagnosed being 29. It's mild but very annoying. angry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011
    slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What's the prognosis, Stav? I mean, is there any therapy? Remedy? Treatment?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    It's mild because I have 100% oxygen in my blood and it seems to be seasonal. I'm affected by humidity mostly. I'm on theraph right now with inhalers and pills and hopefully it won't bother me much. It's just so annoying a feeling not having enough air even if it's not the case.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Stavroula wrote
    It's mild because I have 100% oxygen in my blood and it seems to be seasonal. I'm affected by humidity mostly. I'm on theraph right now with inhalers and pills and hopefully it won't bother me much. It's just so annoying a feeling not having enough air even if it's not the case.

While it is warm you'd do quite well in Arizona as the humidity is non existent. Many asthma sufferers go there to get the relief from the horrible symptoms.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Stavroula wrote
    Asthma! I got diagnosed being 29. It's mild but very annoying. angry

So sorry to hear that Stavi ... sad x
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Phone boxes also mostly smelt of stale cigerettes, BO, alcohol and piss a lot of the time......

You mean they smelt of Alan?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Phone boxes also mostly smelt of stale cigerettes, BO, alcohol and piss a lot of the time......

shocked lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    So Quartet Records put a post on Facebook an hour or two ago which was a picture of the cover to The Curse of the Pink Panther and the comment "SOLD OUT!"

This has been greeted with comments from people like "Yeah!" and "Great!" and "At last!"

I don't get it. What is so great about something selling out? Doesn't that mean that nobody can buy it any more?
  2. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

shocked lol

shocked

I thought that I had masked it with the great smell of Brut.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011
    Southall wrote
    So Quartet Records put a post on Facebook an hour or two ago which was a picture of the cover to The Curse of the Pink Panther and the comment "SOLD OUT!"

This has been greeted with comments from people like "Yeah!" and "Great!" and "At last!"

I don't get it. What is so great about something selling out? Doesn't that mean that nobody can buy it any more?

Maybe people mean that it's good so that the company makes something and encourages more releases? Just a thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011 edited
    Windows Live Movie Maker is annoying me. I used to use Windows Movie Maker on Vista but apparently Microsoft thought it was too easy to use so instead of it they included a clearly inferior program with Windows 7. I know that Windows Movie Maker isn't reknowned for being a good program, but I found it somewhat logical and easy to use. It boggles the mind then why they would change a working program for a useless program. If it ain't broken don't fix it comes to mind (a rule that not a single company seems to apply anymore). The worst part is that they even have the gall to say that the Live Movie Maker is easy to use! I hate when they do that. I think they're just saying that to make people feel like morons.

Rant over, I'll have to download another program so I can make videos. It's very simple what I want. I simply want it to be able to play mp3s alongside pictures, and have a timeline where I can sync up the audio and visuals. Any good and easy freeware programs out there?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    What's wrong with movie maker in windows live (win 7?) It's pretty simple and spot on.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Mobile phone tariffs and packages.

My daughter's phone tariff was £15.00 per month at time of purchase, but the "real life" costs of the tariff she is on is closer to £50.00 per month.

We need to contact Vodaphone and try and reduce this. I think that, at the moment, she's on an "occasional browser" tariff that charges £1 per day. We need to change her to a "regular browser" which costs an additional £5.00 per month but should remove the £1.00 per day charge for the privilege of browsing.

But it's really difficult to actually find out this information at the outset.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    Almost everytime I go to the market something is rung up wrong and usually it is never in my favor. Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist. Ex. I bought a package of Celestial Sleepytime Tea at what I thought was $2.50 (there was a sign). When I looked at the receipt it was $4.19. Was the sign for only one kind of Celestial Tea as the sign was under the orange and spice?
  4. I don't know about the US, but I believe that, here in the UK, if an item is tagged at a lower price than comes up on the till then you must be sold it at the lower price.

Anyone come across the situation when buying CDs in a shop (!!) two CDs, exactly the same, but priced differently? Sometimes it saved me money by extensively browsing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    My record player broke!
    sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011 edited
    My PC is kaput , I can't get a peep out of it ! sad
    My power supply acted up weird yesterday and finally gave up .
    I've put in a new power supply but it looks like my motherboard has taken a blow as well ! Ah well , time for a new one me thinks , I still had a Pentium 4 . Time for an upgrade ! Thank God for my iTouch so I can still enter the forum and stuff ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    I don't like it when I'm criticized and berated and I'm only the messenger delivering the information. It would be very similar if you went off on your mail carrier because he delivered bad news from the IRS. It's his or my fault.
    Thomas
  5. Eric wrote
    My PC is kaput , I can't get a peep out of it ! sad
    My power supply acted up weird yesterday and finally gave up .
    I've put in a new power supply but it looks like my motherboard has taken a blow as well ! Ah well , time for a new one me thinks , I still had a Pentium 4 . Time for an upgrade ! Thank God for my iTouch so I can still enter the forum and stuff ...

A Pentium 4 ???? shocked

Please take a picture of your face when you boot up your new system. I'd like to see your shocking reaction... biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. I let the tax & revenue people know that I am self-employed since the beginning of the year so that any earnings from writing can be taxed by self-assessment later.

Now I have just received a National Insurance bill! It doesn't take long to chase individuals for payment, but it can take an eternity to get money back from them.
  7. I hate the idea of having to sort my own tax, etc for these earnings. But, I could get a couple of external hard drives and use them for backing up work and have them noted as a "business" expense.

This may be advantageous?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote

A Pentium 4 ???? shocked

Please take a picture of your face when you boot up your new system. I'd like to see your shocking reaction... biggrin

Yep Gilles , I was still running a classic ! biggrin It did its job for what I used it , surfing , emailing , music and video . I didn't have any time for games and if I did , I used the PS3 instead . Needless to say , I bought a new PC today and I'm back ! You're right though , my face had an awesome expression when I booted my new computer ! Windows 7 ! I need a tour guide to get used to it ! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2011
    1.Asthma...still... Damn! I used to love spring! Now I have to pray that May will be over soon!
    2. My cousin who is 31 is at the hospital with a serious heart condition caused by Mediterannean anemia (he needs blood transfusions almost every week). He's been there for 3 months now and things haven't improved. We've grown up together and I cannot bear the thought of losing him.
    3. First day back at work (from where I'm writing shame)

By the way Eric I've been using Windows 7 at work and they are excellent! You'll like them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Hi Stavi , sorry to hear abour your asthma and your cousin ... sad
    I really hope things will have a positive turnaround and you and your cousin will get better ... kiss

Back at work ?!
    I've got an extra day off today ... wink
    Back to work tomorrow ...

Windows 7 looks great Stavi , but there's still lots to discover ... smile

BIG HUG ... x
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    My very best to you and yours Stavi and I wish for the best outcome kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hey Thor, I dare not say what I really think over at FSM, Eric is the most tunnel visioned god-bashing closed minded member of the raving right I think I've ever come across, not that this hasn't been evident for over a decade now. wink