• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    It's a matter beaten to death. And i really hate it when fsm crappy left-overs are being brought over here.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Kevin told me he wanted to support your standpoint. Weird wording of it though.

Kevin's a good guy, even though things don't always come out the way he intends! smile

Sometimes it's more fun to make other people confused...

But Thor, I do agree most times with your 'shorter and concise album' rather than the 'put everything including a 15 second cue of the composer farting on the CDs'.

I'm pretty wary of any 2CD release of a score generally.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    It's a subject that has been done to death on the FSM board and also caused a lot of bad feelings, D & Bregt obviously didn't want that occuring here though I don't believe for one moment that that would have happened in our cultured and civilised community here at MT.

Film score fans amuse me sometimes. It's a bit like when you hear stories about a person killing another over a discussion about a cheese sandwich or something. People make such big deals over such little issues.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote
    It's a subject that has been done to death on the FSM board and also caused a lot of bad feelings, D & Bregt obviously didn't want that occuring here though I don't believe for one moment that that would have happened in our cultured and civilised community here at MT.

Film score fans amuse me sometimes. It's a bit like when you hear stories about a person killing another over a discussion about a cheese sandwich or something. People make such big deals over such little issues.

Peter smile

I know. Sadly, your breed is quite rare - i.e. the ability to take one step back and actually see what it is we're doing and obsessing about. We're talking about issues related to the music from films, about as niche as you can get. An incredibly luxury good in the scheme of things.

That said, it does of course have a cultural significance and once you've chosen to have that as your primary interest, you should be able to channel in your dedication and honest opinions on things.

As long as it's kept in perspective.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    I know. Sadly, your breed is quite rare - i.e. the ability to take one step back and actually see what it is we're doing and obsessing about. We're talking about issues related to the music from films, about as niche as you can get. An incredibly luxury good in the scheme of things.

It's not just the size of the niche, it's that the discussion has no real consequence. It's not like album producers across the world are sitting around staring at the discussion thinking "If Thor wins this discussion we'll stop releasing complete albums". It's just a discussion about what length of albums various people prefer.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bregt wrote
    I think the discussion has been done over and over again, and we all know where the people stand. No need to have to do this again, and certainly not to create a personal thread about.

Well I'm a dumb shit because I knew nothing about it.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Memory problems largely due to the stroke and I'm being criticized as result of not remembering. Makes me want to things.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    plindboe wrote
    Thor wrote

It's not just the size of the niche, it's that the discussion has no real consequence. It's not like album producers across the world are sitting around staring at the discussion thinking "If Thor wins this discussion we'll stop releasing complete albums". It's just a discussion about what length of albums various people prefer.

Peter smile

And people always think that you can say things in an objective manner with music.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    It's not like album producers across the world are sitting around staring at the discussion thinking "If Thor wins this discussion we'll stop releasing complete albums". It's just a discussion about what length of albums various people prefer.

Peter smile

They don't? Thor told me he gets paid huge loads of money to troll fsm, why else would he go into all that trouble? tongue kiss biggrin cheesy
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    Thor wrote

Peter smile

It is indeed. But the line between preference and personal conviction often seems to be very blurred in "nerdy" communities, of which film music is one. If someone holds a different preference than your own, that's somehow taken as a personal offense by these people, and then it begins. It probably relates to a lack of social intelligence in general, which is - whether we want to admit it or not - a stereotype in our community that sadly holds some truth.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Not had anything to eat since Monday because of a stomach bug. Still not feeling hungry and pounds dropping off. And no registration fee!

This on top of a bad week healthwise for close family. Anne in hospital for tests on abdominal pains, dad in hospital for chest infection and mum told she needs a whole-body scan after it was found her lymphoma on her face is invasive.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011 edited
    Oh dear. What can I say but my very best wishes to you and yours Alan, and hope that everything will be possitively resolved soon.

p.s. is the stomach bug 'gastrointeritus?' I had that once and it is seriously not nice, knocked me out of action for a full two weeks.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011
    Ow damn Alan, bad things always come together. I hope all news of scans and tests come out positive!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Hopefully all will go well for everyone involved Alan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011 edited
    Thor wrote

It is indeed. But the line between preference and personal conviction often seems to be very blurred in "nerdy" communities, of which film music is one. If someone holds a different preference than your own, that's somehow taken as a personal offense by these people, and then it begins. It probably relates to a lack of social intelligence in general, which is - whether we want to admit it or not - a stereotype in our community that sadly holds some truth.

This entire community is at best a challenge on a good day. It is all I can do to keep my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself. My favorite material is the Gerhardt series, the Chandos series, and the Morgan/Stromberg releases. See that is even more precise than complete or not. It isn't even original but reworked material for the better I would say in most cases
    Tom
  2. Thanks for the wishes everyone. I felt better sharing.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. I hope everything turns out well Alan, best of luck
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I hope everything turns out well Alan, best of luck

Indeed so.
  4. Things improving step by step: Anne out of hospital with all-clear and Dad improving.

But Scotland losing to Italy in the rugby.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Things improving step by step: Anne out of hospital with all-clear and Dad improving.

But Scotland losing to Italy in the rugby.

That last bit must have set your recovery back a few days biggrin wink

I'm pleased to hear about Anne and your Father, good news is welcome in these incredibly dark last few weeks.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Cheers Tim. I am sure I am not suffering as much as when you were ill. I have started eating again but nothing is very enjoyable at the moment.

Though Scotland is winning at the moment. Looking for a Scotland, Ireland and Wales 1-2-3 today.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011
    I have a lot of Irish blood flowing through me so I wouldn't be crushingly disappointed if England lose but I do consider myself English so am hoping for an England win.
  6. My Irish ancestry is to the fore this afternoon. I'm hoping rugby pundit Brian Moore isn't co-commentating - his comments really wind me up something terrible.

BTW, glad to see Scotland win and score their first try at home in 17 months.
  7. Two jobs done. All it needs now is for Wales to win by 27 points for them to take the championship from England.

Will the ill-disciplined France take to the field and gift Wales the win and the championship?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2011
    I'm packing everything in my room for moving (no it's not because of the disaster(s), it's planned months ago).... why do I have so many things? crazy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2011
    Good luck Miya, moving is a stressfull time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2011
    This is one of the cases where 'annoying' isn't really the right word to use, but I was just told by my mother that my grandfather has been hospitalized. He's struggled with prostate cancer for the last few years, among other things, but it has now spread to his bones. He's really sick now, so we think this may very well be it for him.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Sorry to hear that Thor. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's very sad indeed, my thoughts are with you and yours Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thank you.

My mother called me again just now.

Unfortunately, it seems my grandfather passed away 1 hour ago.

He was 85 years old, which is a decent age, but not very old in this day and age.

Need some time to let it sink in.

sad
    I am extremely serious.