• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Broadband network is down. WiFi at home is fine. Thank goodness for mobile broadband.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011
    What's annoying me?

I've been awfully disorganized with my CD's. A while ago I noticed I couldn't find The House of Flying Daggers anymore... And now I wanted to take the Legend of Bagger Vance from the shelf and it's not there. Also, after a room swap the discs still aren't alphabetically organized but still, it looks like it's gone.
    sad

OK, it must be somewhere inside the house but it could be anywhere...
  2. Any children using them as coasters or wind chimes.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would say about 80-90% of my CD's are organised, just one of them has left me baffled, Christopher Gunning's WILD AFRICA, a score I like a lot has been missing for a few years now, I've looked and looked and looked all to no avail. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. My CDs are not organised very well - haven't been for a while. 3-4 CD shelves (each holding about 150), 5-6 small stacks and 5-6 cardboard boxes (they must hold 200 each). I wish we had a spare room so I could have them all shelved for easy access.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011 edited
    Mine are organized very well. Then again, I haven't played any of them in many months, so they're just sitting there, gathering dust. It's all iTunes these days.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. It is mostly iTunes for me also. And then it is usually just favourite tracks rather than complete albums. Except for new acquisitions. They get complete listens.

I bought my first music off the iTunes store yesterday: the 3 Chris Ridenhour CDs released by Mikael. But old habits die hard - I converted them all to 320kbps mp3 files. Mostly so I have the option to break up the longer suites into more manageable chunks.
  5. What is really winding me up now is that I see that these Chris Ridenhour releases from MovieScore Media are now available for sale on Amazon and slightly cheaper than they are on iTunes.

What is particularly annoying that there is no mention on the MovieScore Media website of the alternate download purchasing option other than from iTunes. Is there some sort of exclusive publicity agreement with Apple that prevents alternate options being listed? And we are left to search other digital stores for titles? This isn't the first time this has happened.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Any children using them as coasters or wind chimes.

That would only be Tyler Bates' cd's.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    I'm wearing my new brace to straighten out my walking so I can begin to wear the electronic stimulus bioness unit. It will be a minimum of 30 weeks.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Kevin, Bregt, and D what is C&C?????
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote

Ask Thor....................at your own peril wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote

It's a shorthand that I once created for "Complete and Chronological" presentations of scores. It seems to have been adopted by many film music fora by now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You are such a trend setter. A hip Norwegian!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote

Now, if only the FSM board knew that!? biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Friggin Thor hipster ;0
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

Hardly. I'm just awfully repetitative. wink
    I am extremely serious.
  6. It also means Command and Conquer, a series of popular computer games wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It also means Command and Conquer, a series of popular computer games wink

Now THAT's just nerdy! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It also means Command and Conquer, a series of popular computer games wink

Now THAT's just nerdy! wink

shocked

Nothing nerdy about those strategy games... they rocked.

Used to love the C&C games, the last one I truly enjoyed is C&C Generals from 2003.

The latest ones have me annoyed me immensely bringing me nicely on topic again. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    t'was a joke, Pawel. It's just as nerdy creating shorthands for complete and chronological soundtrack presentations! :D
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    sdtom wrote

It's a shorthand that I once created for "Complete and Chronological" presentations of scores. It seems to have been adopted by many film music fora by now.

I'd like to know more Thor. Sounds interesting enough to me. Why did they close the thread?
  8. Demetris and Bregt thought it was a sarcastic attack on Thor. Kevin told me that it wasn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think the discussion has been done over and over again, and we all know where the people stand. No need to have to do this again, and certainly not to create a personal thread about.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a subject that has been done to death on the FSM board and also caused a lot of bad feelings, D & Bregt obviously didn't want that occuring here though I don't believe for one moment that that would have happened in our cultured and civilised community here at MT.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Demetris and Bregt thought it was a sarcastic attack on Thor. Kevin told me that it wasn't.

oops! Missed this. It didn't seem sarcastic to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    It's a subject that has been done to death on the FSM board and also caused a lot of bad feelings, D & Bregt obviously didn't want that occuring here though I don't believe for one moment that that would have happened in our cultured and civilised community here at MT.

Same here. If there's one place it would be possible to have a civilized debate about it, it would be here. Then again, I'm not sure there would BE much debate, since most would probably agree that it's just a matter of taste and preference.

Kevin's closed thread was - I assume - in response to yet another debate on the issue at FSM a couple of days ago, where people are not so understanding of opposing viewpoints as they are here. Didn't mind Kevin's thread myself (and I took it as a nudge, nudge, wink, wink thing....no problem! smile).

And Tom, if you want to read more/debate the issue, you can do it here at this ol' FSM thread of mine:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Kevin told me he wanted to support your standpoint. Weird wording of it though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Kevin told me he wanted to support your standpoint. Weird wording of it though.

Kevin's a good guy, even though things don't always come out the way he intends! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I find it a bit pathetic to create a new thread about it (the title I thought was sarcastic, so I'm sorry I didn't understand correctly), when we have debated it several times on the forum already. I know Kevin meant no harm and he should not feel bad about it at all. D and I just felt it wasn't really worth all the discussion and hassle again.

On the subject, I mostly agree with Thor as well, except for CONAN!!!
    Kazoo