• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2011
    sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm very, very sorry, Thor.
    All the best to you and your family.

Even when it's expected, it comes as no less a shock. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Oh man, Thor, I'm sorry.

Peter sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    My gf's mother is having surgery tomorrow to have half of one of her lungs removed since it's covered by cancer. I doubt she'll be alive for another year.

It sure is an terrible disease.

Peter
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh shit Thor. That was way too quick. What a terrible news. sad

All the best to you and your family Thor. sad
    Kazoo
  1. Hang in there and all the best to you and your family, Thor.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sorry to hear that, Thor.

I hope one day a cure can be found for this horrible disease.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thank you, all.

Yes, it was very quick, Bregt. It was actually not the cancer that killed him, my father just told me, but an internal bleeding in the stomach area. He was fine (relatively speaking) this morning. So even though we expected this outcome, this was way faster than we thought.

Then again, cancer and medication reduces your general health, and makes your blood vessels more crisp. So that may be the reason.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Sorry to hear these sad, sad news Thor. Best wishes from Barcelona to you and your family.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    My condolances Thor. Remember all the good times you had together. Be strong.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Thank you.

My mother called me again just now.

Unfortunately, it seems my grandfather passed away 1 hour ago.

He was 85 years old, which is a decent age, but not very old in this day and age.

Need some time to let it sink in.

sad

Very sad news. My thoughts are with you my friend.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Two things annoying at the moment. Firstly, Opera have decided to update their Opera Mini android app and it is a step backwards in terms of ease of use. Confusingly, they also have an app called "Opera Mobile" that I am trying out at the moment. Not sure what the difference is at the moment other than the size of the app. But the Mobile version seems to support Flash.

Second annoying thing is that defragging my hard disk is taking forever. Although I do recall someone saying that doing this doesn't modify performance, the fragmentation was at 44%. I suppose that trying to defrag that level on a disk of 165GB information is not going to be quick.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    I never understood what's the difference between opera mini and opera mobile...anyone knows?
  3. I did a bit of reading but didn't really understand. Mini has Opera servers compress information before sending out info to phone so is really quick. I don't think it supports Flash either.

One is better for visiting secure sites (but I can't remember which now).

Mobile is more an out-and-out browser and is 10x bigger than Mini. Using Mobile I can view Youtube videos more easily. Mobile detects if Flash is available on the phone and uses that resource. Mini on the other hand just throws its hands up and admits defeat.

Some say one is better at doing some things while the other is better at others! I may play around with them side-by-side to see which I prefer. Which is the beauty of these apps: try and if it is rubbish then just delete.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. In the end Mini prevailed over Mobile.

The behemoth that is Opera Mobile took more than 20x more storage compared to Opera Mini.

Opera Mini, even with its minor limitations, will do for me at the moment.

And thinking of storage space on my phone...do I really need 3 map apps and 2 star maps? Probably not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Thank you.

He was 85 years old, which is a decent age, but not very old in this day and age.

Always hard to lose a loved one.

sad
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's an unfortunate fact that as you get older these occurances become more frequent, in the last few months two more people I know have died, not close friends but still people I knew, liked and respected, one of them, Martin, lived an incredibly healthy life, never smoked and ( near unbelievably ) never drank either and yet he died at 50 yrs old with a cancer that spread through his body, what an ugly and evil desease it is.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011
    My brother-in-law just lost his job. Cutbacks. angry
    F*CK!

And my sister and him just had their first baby too. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Thor wrote
    Thank you.

sad

Damn man, just read this now... sad

Rest in peace.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    F*CK!

Damn! So insensitive of their behalf, firing a man who has just started a family! angry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  6. Stavroula wrote
    Martijn wrote
    F*CK!

Damn! So insensitive of their behalf, firing a man who has just started a family! angry

These things don't surprise me anymore. In our current capitalist world, only one thing matters: to make as much profit and to do it by saving where they can, by sacking people... It's the sad reality. vomit
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    F*CK!

Sorry to hear that. Is there a recession in the Netherlands too?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very sad to hear this; the same thing happened to a friend and colleague of mine too, recently. Very sad, especially when you want to start your own family.
  7. Martijn wrote
    F*CK!

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's news. It is a big bodyblow for anyone who has to go through redundancy. I hope that they can stay positive at a time of great uncertainty.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    F*CK!

Forget Norway, it's get naked, get double bladed axe, don the cowl, time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Forget Norway, it's get naked, get double bladed axe, don the cowl, time.

Atomic badass to power. Turmoil to speed.
    BADMAN TO THE RESCUE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    California has just added 100,000 jobs so perhaps?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A trio visit today with the doctors. I get to see if they can help with helping the negative aspects of wearing the brace which is twitching and skin irritation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Civilization.

http://www.zougla.gr/page.ashx?pid=2&am … &cid=5

No need to know Greek, just view the videos and photos. No comment.
  8. My smartphone has had to go back to HTC for repairs. sad

Occasionally, it would just switch off for no reason, begin a reboot, get only so far and then switch off again. It would keep doing this until I took out the battery. Now I'm lumbered with a "loan phone" that just works as a phone!! I've been told that it could take 10-28 days for me to get it back depending on the problem.