• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Does anyone know of a place to watch ALL the series streaming online? There's such places for instance, for family guy, cleveland show, american dad, south park, big bang theory etc.

Have you not seen the series before D?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My beard itches
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Only bits of it and certain episodes, Tim. I am familiar with the whole legacy of the series though.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If thy beard itches offend thee, shave it off.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011 edited
    Bitches love beard that itches.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If thy bitches offend thee, shave them ummm..........errrr

we'll leave it at that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Only bits of it and certain episodes, Tim. I am familiar with the whole legacy of the series though.

It's some of the best comedy EVER! Only 12 episodes, surely you can find it somewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Only 12 episodes? really??!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yep! That's all that was made.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    These 12 episodes contain more laugh out loud humour than most long running american sitcoms.

My favourite episode is still 'The Germans'. I'm practically rolling on the floor most of the time. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet, have to look out for it then!
  1. Glee... ? (the TV series)...

And cold callers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    don't get old. You go through the craziest stuff.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Juniorspesh wrote
    Glee... ? (the TV series)...

And cold callers!

freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Got an iPad for a Christmas bonus from my employer.
    It's a fun gadget with some very intesting potential...but typing using the virtual keyboard on it is a Sisyphus chore.
    The lack of cursor keys (!!!) means that any word you mistype you have to type all over again as it's nigh impossible to 'point and click' in the middle of a word...which is just infuriating!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Good stuff for reading ebooks and all. The keyboards needs to get used to it but once you do, it's great from what i've seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    For reading ebooks it's a godsend.
    I frigging hate the keyboard.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Now we can't get the pilot light to stay lit. No heating or hot water for a while. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Apparently Apple are going to be releasing some pioneering new device. It is alleged that you will be able to put things in it (food and milk and the like) and it will keep them chilled. It will have an exceptionally nice look and will be a bargain price, only $35,000. Four billion of them have already been pre-ordered even though testing showed that the food-cooling feature doesn't work if the device is placed within a residential home. Apple denied that the fact that food goes off very quickly was a sign that the device was not cooling properly and insisted that if the iCool cover is placed over the device then it will certainly cool food on the third Tuesday of each month.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have one of those. Tried to put my milk in it, but then found it will only accept specific iMilk, which I can only order by connecting my iPod through my iPad to access the iVeg store to pre-order the iMilk2 upgrade for seventeen dollars from the US. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

Martijn, is there a way to store pdf's on the ipad? and if yes, how? i have a hugeload of ebooks on pdf and i am looking for a tablet for my master's diploma and maybe phd, i think ipad is a strong contender 'cause i've seen a lot of other of its enemies but none of it worths its money. But if i can't store pdf's it's no good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's not really meant to be a replacement for a laptop, or work related stuff. It's a media consumer, which aims at making media available on one device, easily. Reading, watching, listening, ... Not for typing long documents or intelligent related stuff.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I want it to read ebooks pdf's not as a laptop replacement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

Martijn, is there a way to store pdf's on the ipad? and if yes, how? i have a hugeload of ebooks on pdf and i am looking for a tablet for my master's diploma and maybe phd, i think ipad is a strong contender 'cause i've seen a lot of other of its enemies but none of it worths its money. But if i can't store pdf's it's no good.

Sure: all my comics I've converted to pdf, and I now have a truckload on my iPad.
    Through iTunes (you have to use iTunes) you load them into your iPad and can read them through the native, very good iBooks app.

That said, if you're just looking for an ereader, you could do a LOT cheaper than an iPad! As said, mine was a gift. I would never have shelled out 500 euros for this.

@Bregt: don't agree per se: I'm discovering a lot of work-related productivity potential (taking quick notes, including graphs, doodles and multimedia; editing/viewing documenta on the go without nees for a laptop/notebook; very fast internet access). It's not on tricorder level yet, but I can see the potential.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I was very nearly tempted to get an iPad but then really couldn't think of a single thing I'd use it for. Couldn't use it for e-reading (I sometimes read for hours at a time and there's no way I could use its display for that long, unlike the very low-tech but very practical Kindle), couldn't see the point of using it for watching or listening when far superior (and far cheaper!) devices are available for each.

Of course, there's no way you could use a Kindle for any kind of e-reading which contains tables/diagrams/photos etc, so I can see that there's a place for it in that niche market.

It just seems ludicrously expensive for what it is. I know that hardly makes it unique amongst Apple products (I simply cannot believe that there are still people out there who buy iPhones) but even by their standards it just doesn't seem to really do very much considering its price.

On the flipside... it looks so damn cool! And if someone gave me one, I'd be delighted to accept it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    yeah

(except the reading part: the battery, even with wi-fi enabled will easily sustain a 10/11 hour read or longer! Unless you werre referring to other restrictions, James?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's got a much better looking and with nicer colors screen than the kindle, for e-reading. And due to budget restrictions, as always (sigh), i always e-read, every day, books related to my work and studies, a bit every day, and do my own notes. E-reading on eeepc or laptop or desktop is giving me a lot of troubles these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn, if i have a shitload of ebooks on pdf's that i've downloaded from around, which i did, can i add them via itunes? don't you have to buy everything you see in itunes? or you use a pirated version of os and itunes?

as for tablets, i've seen a lot but nothing came close as far as the screen goes and the whole rigid construction of the device and its body. but it's indeed ridiculously expensive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Again: it's ereading capacity is excellent. I can read as long as I can a physical book without any discomfort. And its ingrained support for pdf is flawless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    yeah

(except the reading part: the battery, even with wi-fi enabled will easily sustain a 10/11 hour read or longer! Unless you werre referring to other restrictions, James?)

I was more referring to looking at the screen for such an extended period, not the battery capacity. Though in a subsequent post you've suggested there's no problem for you there.