• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    sweet

What's sweet baby?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Neighbors making sweet love wink I wouldn't mind, depending on the case, i'd engage in too (not with them, i'd imagine they won't let me) or put a large pillow over my head and sleep smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I don't mind sweet love honey! It sounds like a battle up there!!! Moreover I can't engage (not with them of course!) because my boy is not here. The pillow is a good suggestion though! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2011 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    What's annoying me?! The couple living above me! Right now they are screaming their lungs out during sex!!! Well, come on!!! Have sex by all means, enjoy it nonetheless but do I and the rest of the building have to know about it??!! rolleyes

biggrin bless em!

Can't you play some really loud music to drown them out? I recommend the Birdy Song by The Tweets ( check it on youtube if you dare? wink ) played at sonically defeaning levels, there is just no way they could continue after that, though the downside is that you'll be psychologically scarred too. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2011
    Cough, sore throat, running nose, sneezing, aching all over body........... slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thanks to Alan, Demetris and others concerning the antivirus discussion about a month ago. I disappeared from this thread without acknowledging the helpful replies, sorry.

I've just uninstalled Norton now and I will give Avira a try.

Petr smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    Cough, sore throat, running nose, sneezing, aching all over body........... slant

Argh! I just went through all this crap myself. 3 people at my Christmas had colds, and judging by my usual luck I probably got 3 different cold/flu strains. Still coughing and having throat pain almost a month later.

Hope yours will be shorter than mine.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheers Pete! It all seems to be going around right now, some of my friends are suffering and two people in particular were laid flat on their backs by it. I can still walk about so I obviously haven't got "proper" flu but I still feel crap and very weak.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    You have my sympathy. I was able to almost function during my cold as well, but it just lasted forever and was still a huge pain. Thank science for painkillers.

The funny thing is that after I got ill I travelled to England, so I'm probably the individual who brought it there.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    shocked slant

Well, you just wait until I catch "Captain Trips" and I bring it to you devil

darn! i forgot, i'm immune to it slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    What's annoying me?! The couple living above me! Right now they are screaming their lungs out during sex!!! Well, come on!!! Have sex by all means, enjoy it nonetheless but do I and the rest of the building have to know about it??!! rolleyes

biggrin bless em!

Can't you play some really loud music to drown them out? I recommend the Birdy Song by The Tweets ( check it on youtube if you dare? wink ) played at sonically defeaning levels, there is just no way they could continue after that, though the downside is that you'll be psychologically scarred too. wink

I forgot to mention, Stavi, whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK THIS UP ON YOUTUBE! wink
  1. You plan your holiday week on the roster where I work, you make sure you're the very first one (only 3 allowed at the same time), you make sure it's in the week that Ubeda is and you're happy you're the first one. So you're sure you have that week off

now today, 5 others put their name on the same week, and 3 of them have kids. Meaning, they have first choice because a parent with kids gets the first choice (something to do with having to be with your kid during vacation because there's no school)

meaning, I can probably kiss my concert trip to Ubeda goodbye, what's the f__king point about being the first one on the roster if you'll never get the f__king chance? angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    slant

You should complain. First comes, first serve no? Unfair!
    Kazoo
  2. You should have had some children for such an eventuality. rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Bregt wrote
    slant

ho, I complained today, but do you think they listen? Not my boss, he understands me completely and agrees with every word I said, but it's company policy. Ah, let's just say that the last word hasn't been said about this situation slant
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    You should have had some children for such an eventuality. rolleyes

that thought crossed my mind as well today wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    slant

ho, I complained today, but do you think they listen? Not my boss, he understands me completely and agrees with every word I said, but it's company policy. Ah, let's just say that the last word hasn't been said about this situation slant

How can that be a company policy???
    Kazoo
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    You plan your holiday week on the roster where I work, you make sure you're the very first one (only 3 allowed at the same time), you make sure it's in the week that Ubeda is and you're happy you're the first one. So you're sure you have that week off

now today, 5 others put their name on the same week, and 3 of them have kids. Meaning, they have first choice because a parent with kids gets the first choice (something to do with having to be with your kid during vacation because there's no school)

meaning, I can probably kiss my concert trip to Ubeda goodbye, what's the f__king point about being the first one on the roster if you'll never get the f__king chance? angry

Damn dude! crazy

Your best option now seems to contact the Ubeda guys ask them to delay it?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    slant

It's a dutch company, so there's your answer.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    slant

well, it has always been like this. Due to the fact a lot of working parents are housed in our company, they have agreed that parents with children (who can not leave their children in daycare) get the first choice. For instance, if people are ever relocated to other cities, the people who have children that are going to school are often dispensed of these relocations, and people without children have to go instead. It's the same here, snooze, you lose

it's fucking shitty, and as said, the last hasn't been said about this. Mind you, it's not the week before or after they need to have it, it's that specific week around the 21st of July

either way, my boss said that we'll talk about this in group once the time comes, I already can't wait

ah, it's war either way, we've not 2 new colleagues, and the mood has literally changed from 100% positive, to -50 negative.

it's not fun to work there right now angry
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    slant

It's a dutch company, so there's your answer.

ah, that would have been easier to typ smile
  9. beer

Haha I put a smile on your face.

What you need right now is a good kung-fu flick, and pretend you're the one kicking ass.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2011 edited
    Why not go out and kick shit out of some muggers, pimps, drug pushers, politicians and other evil ne'er do wells, I find that always clears the air wink
  10. Yeah, that always helps but what annoys me most of the time is the trail of blood and guts that is left behind. Especially if you have to pass by there in the morning, and it's still a bit dark, you have to be on your guard so you don't trip over some body part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    I don't mind sweet love honey! It sounds like a battle up there!!! Moreover I can't engage (not with them of course!) because my boy is not here. The pillow is a good suggestion though! smile

I'm in Frankfurt on (another) business trip, in the middle of a trading estate (which is rather a depressing letdown after beautiful Kuala Lumpur, not the mention the damn cold), and the neighbouring room is enthusiastically engaging in those sameself activities...at bloody 7 in the morning!
    In a business hotel!
    (Hm. I sense a managing director and his secretary thoroughly engaged in appraising the ins and outs of a hierarchically horizontal management level).

Anyway, after the second such morning and having once more awoken by the sound of a shrieking climax, I applauded loudly and shouted 'encore'.
    I think I heard some stifled laughter from the other room (nicely negating the persistent myth that Germans would have no sense of humour), but whatever the case, this morning all remained quiet.

I mean, God bless 'em for finding eroticism in what I find to be one of the most depressing and a-amorous surroundings I've ever been (and yeah, I am slightly envious as well. I never have business trips quite like that!), but I have to work mornings!
    And as far as entertainment value goes, I am a very poorly and ill spirited fan of anything before 8 in the morning.
    Well.
    12 in the afternoon.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    You plan your holiday week on the roster where I work, you make sure you're the very first one (only 3 allowed at the same time), you make sure it's in the week that Ubeda is and you're happy you're the first one. So you're sure you have that week off

That sucks, dude! Especially knowing the crazy hours you work, and how much you need your off time.

I hope you get to vent if/when your meeting comes up.

There's no denying the truth - and I've experienced this many times myself in various arenas - our society is simply not geared towards single people. Everything from the size of food products in the store to mortgage possibilities to situations such as the one you describe. It's all about sharing, sharing, sharing. Procreate, procreate, procreate. Annoying.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011 edited
    And on and on the basement drilling goes. AAAARGH!!! crazy

As if my bloody tinnitus wasn't enough aural "stress".

Tomorrow they're even cutting the water supply to the whole building for 5 hours, which means that I can't drink, go to the toilet or take a shower from 10 to 15. And tomorrow, when I was planning on having a "home office" day.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

That sucks, dude! Especially knowing the crazy hours you work, and how much you need your off time.

I hope you get to vent if/when your meeting comes up.

There's no denying the truth - and I've experienced this many times myself in various arenas - our society is simply not geared towards single people. Everything from the size of food products in the store to mortgage possibilities to situations such as the one you describe. It's all about sharing, sharing, sharing. Procreate, procreate, procreate. Annoying.

as told before, the last hasn't been said about this situation wink

the sad fact is that now we are getting 2 new colleagues, and guess what nobody in the entire group wants them. They're rejects of other departments!

it's going to be a rough period sad

ah well, luckily there are more important things in life smile
  12. Go listen to something that will decrease your frustration level. Something like the STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY box I bought you years ago and you still didn't listen to completely. crazy

That should make you feel better for a while. smile
  13. DreamTheater wrote
    Go listen to something that will decrease your frustration level. Something like the STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY box I bought you years ago and you still didn't listen to completely. crazy

That should make you feel better for a while. smile

ah yes, it will come down to that eventually, no worries wink