• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Have you tried Googling with any success?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Have you tried Googling with any success?

Well, I always first try to ask my friends...

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  3. Google can be a good friend too, one that never asks for anything in return. cheesy

But are you sure that your contacts are stored on the SIM card, and not in the internal memory of your old phone itself?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Google can be a good friend too, one that never asks for anything in return. cheesy

But are you sure that your contacts are stored on the SIM card, and not in the internal memory of your old phone itself?

Nope, I made sure to store them on my sim.
    And to give you an idea of how stupid the BB actually is, he doesn't even know my own telephone number.

Elin
  5. Well then we need someone brighter than me (when it comes to cellphones). smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Well then we need someone brighter than me (when it comes to cellphones). smile

BRRREEEEEEGT :-)
  7. Have you got something called Blackberry Desktop? Apparently that may help.

Doesn't James have a Blackberry? He may be the answer.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011 edited
    I do have one, but I'm afraid when I put my SIM card in, it just worked! Have been very pleased with the phone (apart from mysterious double postings on this messageboard and only this one!)
  8. Southall wrote
    I do have one, but I'm afraid when I put my SIM card in, it just worked! Have been very pleased with the phone (apart from mysterious double postings on this messageboard and only this one!)

So did it recgnize all your old contacts, or didn't you have any?

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011 edited
    Southall wrote
    Have been very pleased with the phone (apart from mysterious double postings on this messageboard and only this one!)

It happened on IFMCA too. It's the type of forum, and something with the events on the button itself I guess. smile

Skating_Lientje wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Well then we need someone brighter than me (when it comes to cellphones). smile

Sorry Elin, I'm afraid I will be useless. I've never used a BlackBerry, and hardware is not my thing. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    Southall wrote
    Have been very pleased with the phone (apart from mysterious double postings on this messageboard and only this one!)

It happened on IFMCA too. It's the type of forum, and something with the events on the button itself I guess. smile

Indeed. But not anywhere else - odd.
  9. Bregt wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote

Sorry Elin, I'm afraid I will be useless. I've never used a BlackBerry, and hardware is not my thing. sad

You have dropped down to demi-diety right now, Bregt. But I still love you nonetheless wink

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Have you got something called Blackberry Desktop? Apparently that may help.

Get the application for your previous phone, install it.

Try to backup them up in some universal format which you can transform to blackberry's desktop application (which you'll too install).

Or find a way to transfer contacts through those, many cell's softwares have such an option.

Or google "how to transfer contacts to blackberry "x" model' or something :0
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011 edited
    Some Romanian(?) guys are refurbising the basement, and they've been drilling for like three months already. They start at 7:15 in the morning and end about 18:00. Goes on my nerves, as the sound is loud even in my apartment two floors up! crazy

What, are they drilling their way to the core of the earth?
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Have you got something called Blackberry Desktop? Apparently that may help.

Get the application for your previous phone, install it.

Try to backup them up in some universal format which you can transform to blackberry's desktop application (which you'll too install).

Or find a way to transfer contacts through those, many cell's softwares have such an option.

Or google "how to transfer contacts to blackberry "x" model' or something :0

I found a better way, I contacted the guy who came to install the damn thing the first time. He is going to fix it for me. Was going to do it today, but due to the sudden change in my work hours (I'm off right now, will be going to wor in about 30 minutes and will stay there until 11PM. Tomorrow I have the shift from 6PM until 5 AM. Yeah, rivers tend to flood in longer periods then a couple of hours, so we need to permanently man our floodforecasting desk.

Anyway, he'll mail me the solution, or we'll be in touch next week. Anyhow, my problem will be solved.

Elin
  11. Thor wrote
    Some Romanian(?) guys are refurbising the basement, and they've been drilling for like three months already. They start at 7:15 in the morning and end about 18:00. Goes on my nerves, as the sound is loud even in my apartment two floors up! crazy

I kinda have the same problem right now. I should be napping (the reason is stated above) but I have two chimney cleeners who are actually breaking out bricks and iron bars very badly placed by a previous (pretty incompetent) owner.

Lotta noice = no napping.

I hope pure adrenaline and caffeine will do the trick.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote

Argh! Stuff like that makes me crazy too. They did the same in my building a couple of months ago. Why can't they just start work at reasonable hours?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bregt wrote
    Tom, does it work now? smile

works fine now
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    did a number on my arm when I fell. It is no longer white but a magenta tint. I'm pretty sure it is not broken as I have a range of movement.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Sorry to hear about your arm Tom. Even if you have a range of movements it would be better to have it x-rayed. Just to stay on the safe side! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm sure I didn't break it but I may go to the doctor anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011
    Tom how's the arm? Have you been to the doctor's?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    What's annoying me?! The couple living above me! Right now they are screaming their lungs out during sex!!! Well, come on!!! Have sex by all means, enjoy it nonetheless but do I and the rest of the building have to know about it??!! rolleyes
  12. Stavroula wrote
    What's annoying me?! The couple living above me! Right now they are screaming their lungs out during sex!!! Well, come on!!! Have sex by all means, enjoy it nonetheless but do I and the rest of the building have to know about it??!! rolleyes

have that problem too! Not right now but occassionally during the week. That's the sad part about living in appartments, you can hear what your neighbour is doing too

ah well, I would advice to put on Basic Instinct and turn up the volume wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    At a house I used to live in in Bristol, a couple who lived a couple of doors down the road used to have very loud, very long sex every single night. I mean literally 2-3 hours a night, without fail, with her absolutely screaming her lungs out throughout. And they had their two teenage children living with them (and were both breathtakingly ugly).
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

biggrin Might do that you know!

Breathtakingly ugly you say James? I thought passion created beautiful children. wink
    The good thing is that the guy is fast! shame biggrin Many repetitions though... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011 edited
    Stavroula wrote

I like when people enjoy themselves. Not because I get some perverse pleasure out of it, I just think "Awwww, that's nice" when my neighbors start moaning.

Of course it doesn't happen too often in my apartment building. If it happened every night I might start getting annoyed.

Btw, there's a cure. Just bang on the radiator with a spoon if they get too loud. They'll quiet up within a second.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Stavroula wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

biggrin Might do that you know!

Breathtakingly ugly you say James? I thought passion created beautiful children. wink
    The good thing is that the guy is fast! shame biggrin Many repetitions though... slant

Ah, I meant the couple were ugly, not the kids (who were fairly normal-looking).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sweet
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.