• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Woah; that's worse, i think...what happened?

It was more than a few years ago. My village doesn't belong to the most safe places in the world. I overstayed at a friend of mine's and called my brother. I was 15 at the time.

As set with my brother I went to the train station, but I miscalculated the time and when I realized that he'd get there in 20 minutes and it'd take me 15 to get home, the idiot in me decided to stay. So I did. After a while a drunk guy comes to me by a bike and talks to me, I get freaked out, but he leaves me alone and goes to the other platform talking to guys there.

I should've known better. After that he came back and the idiot in me again started discussing things with me and suddenly he started to beat me up, punching and kicking me in the face. I never went through any training so I either missed or hit him rather weakly. There was a moment where I could have taken advantage of him. He slipped, went on his all fours and caught my leg with his hand. I should have caught the hand and started to kick him either in the arm or in his head, breaking his skull or cheekbone. To this day this is a situation that I imagine correcting and doing properly.

For next few years each time when I saw guys from my village I was crossing the street.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010
    It wasn't car jacking: that is stealing the actual car!
    Car jacking never happens in Europe (well, I've never heard of any case anyway).

This kind of cowardly robbery (smashing the window, making a quick grab) has been around for decades though, sadly. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I used the wrong term.

I'm sure it happens here too, I just never hear of it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. There are certain areas in Brussels that are bad, full of immigrants, even the cops don't dare set foot there. I'm guessing Elin was in such an area.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    It wasn't car jacking: that is stealing the actual car!
    Car jacking never happens in Europe (well, I've never heard of any case anyway).

But home car jacking does happen. We had one in Belgium a month or two ago: three people were murdered. For a car.
    Kazoo
  3. I'm certain these things happen in other countries since the beginning of times. It's just not something we are used of having in this little nation, it all started back in 1996, with this awful monster. Since then it became worse.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'm certain these things happen in other countries since the beginning of times. It's just not something we are used of having in this little nation, it all started back in 1996, with this awful monster. Since then it became worse.

Who is he?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Darn it, work canceled the xmas party due to the snow. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Darn it, work canceled the xmas party due to the snow. sad

No office girls getting all giggly and flirty on the ol' fallin down water........DARN! slant wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My "letchy Steve" alias will have to remain absent for another year.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I suspect he's always there, just under the surface wink
  4. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'm certain these things happen in other countries since the beginning of times. It's just not something we are used of having in this little nation, it all started back in 1996, with this awful monster. Since then it became worse.

Who is he?

Surely you've heard of Marc Dutroux, child kidnapper and murderer that shocked our little country. And to think this guy is having a much better life behind bars than some poor homeless guy on the street.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes I have heard of him, it was big news here too, I just didn't recognise his picture.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2010
    Twisted my ankle, it's swollen, oh, the joy! rolleyes slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, that's shitty! How did it happen? Did you visit the doctor already?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2010 edited
    It just twisted as I walked from living room to kitchen, It's a weakness that I've had for a long time ( 22 years to be exact, it's a story that involves Christmas Eve and a LOT of cider ), sometimes it just "goes", I've strapped it up, taken Ibuprofen and paracetamol and I can hobble around.

It's not serious but it's inconvenient.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ouch. Sorry to hear it, Tim.

Just one remedy, I guess.

More cider.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. I see that your post Tim is number 1966 in this topic. And what's annoying me? It's how I always think of the World Cup from that year...like I say, annoying!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I see that your post Tim is number 1966 in this topic. And what's annoying me? It's how I always think of the World Cup from that year...like I say, annoying!

biggrin

I was too young to remember it but I wish we'd win it again, if only so the media will shut the fook up about it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ouch. Sorry to hear it, Tim.

Just one remedy, I guess.

More cider.

I have to say that if not for the cider those 22 years ago it woould have been much more painful. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    San Diego has its area of gang infestation where you just don't go. Where I live seems to be pretty safe so far.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote
    Twisted my ankle, it's swollen, oh, the joy! rolleyes slant

Sorry to hear that Tim love! I hope you get well soon. And just to keep you company: asthmatic bronchitis for the second time in 2 and a half months! The joy of it as you say! rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Had to go to the lawyer's today to collect my mum's will. Given the snow, I can't drive, so I had to go by public transport - a train (delayed by 55 minutes) followed by bus (took 45 minutes to do a 2 mile journey) followed by walk, I arrived precisely on time but the lawyer made me wait 30 minutes, we sat down, he said "Can I see your passport?" which I didn't have, since I wasn't told to bring it and had no idea I would need it, so he refused to let me have the will. So then I had the same journey home. All in all the trip took 4.5 hours and was a total and utter waste of time (for which I will no doubt be charged an exorbitant fee).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Wow. What a kindly, sympathetic and empathic person.
    You wonder how the profession gets such a bad rep?

How very, very annoying, James.
    Even given the most positive of circumstances this would be extremely aggravating.
    In your own situation, I find it damn near unforgiveable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Unbelievable! The that thing that lawyers have can drive me nuts! I mean that they persume that all the rest of us should know without being told what is required!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  6. Ah, that explains things now James. I bet you were fuming.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Your time has been totally wasted, you were'nt given precise information, counter CHARGE the Mo£&*+G~#8er!!!!! angry

This kind of nonsense makes me angry beyond Hulkness crazy crazy crazy crazy frank
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why, i don't understand, wasn't id enough? Why the passport in specific? What a douche.
  7. Because, at least as my friend told me, there is no other ID except a passport in the UK. My friend had that problem, because he was going to Germany and his passport was only valid until February (now hopefully he's on his way back to Heathrow or preferrably back home).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    odd