• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2010
    Our wishes and prayers are with you and your mum James.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. Same here.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. I also send a ray of light your way. Hang in there...

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    I'm sending lots of positive vibes down your way James !
    Though it won't be easy ... be strong ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
  3. I know it's unlikely but if there is anything at all I can do James just give me a shout.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    Southall wrote
    Horrible week. Mom had a stroke on Monday night, then another one last night. Today I had to persuade her to go into a nursing home, against her vehement objections. Ugh. She only has a few days left, I think.

A stroke is nasty
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My mouth is finally on the mend but still hurts
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010 edited
    I feel for you James mate. My dear old grandfather is in a very similar condition and, although he's always been surprisingly strong during his numerous past ailments, I'm not convinced he has long left either.

sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    so many strokes can be prevented
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    trying to get motivated to do a review and can't
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Then don't. smile
    It's not an obligation. Unless you get paid, it should be a labour of love and passion.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. sdtom wrote
    trying to get motivated to do a review and can't

Is this why you were listening to Waiting For "Superman"?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Amazon.co.uk

I regularly check to see what's being released as digital downloads but their site seems not to be working properly.

If I explain the problem could someone explain to me what's gone wrong (just for my own education.)

I go to the "mp3 albums > soundtracks" page that lists all albums available. I go to choose the "release date" rather than the default "bestselling" method of sorting from the drop down menu on the right. The albums are automatically sorted. I go to choose the second page. Now normally a second page of "release date"-sorted albums appears. But now I get page two of the "bestselling" albums. When I re-order them it goes back to page 1 with them now re-ordered by "release date". And so the cycle continues.

crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010
    Waiting For Superman wasn't exactly inspiring. I'm back to work doing a trio of Tiomkin films and enjoying it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010
    trying to find an old thread and just wasting my time so I give up
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010
    As some of you know today is Thanksgiving in the United States and typically this is a day that one spends with family. I'm planning on being with my daughter and grandkids later on today. I've spoken to a few people this morning as I was up early wanting to do a load of clothes. All the people I've talked to so far are doing nothing with their families. To them it is just a normal day. In fact there was a short wait for a machine at 7:45 AM this morning! It is sad how so many elderly people are just abandoned by their family.
    Tom sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010
    Women.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Women.

I agree.

Edit: actually, frustrating would be more appropriate.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010 edited
    Men.
    Actually one man...mine.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    kill a man who Stavi and makes her angry.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Stavroula wrote
    Men.
    Actually one man...mine.

don't spend a lot of time in a poor relationship. life is too short
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wisest advice anybody could give
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    thanks D!!!
  6. Something that happened yesterday but it still pisses me off immensely.

On the highways, it's snowing, the roads are VERY slippery, most people in their cars drive calm and with a sense of awareness rarely seen, yet incredibly idiotic foreign truck drivers still manage to pass by all the cars doing 90 km/h on the left lane that is strictly forbidden for them, completely ignoring the harsh weather. I'm dumbstruck as to why there hasn't been a major accident right then, with me possibly a victim. crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. There's been a lot of footage on the news the last few days showing traffic moving in bad conditions and there are usually large worries sitting up the backside of the car in front showing no regard for the conditions and other road users.

I'm sure they think they are protected from any harm if caught up in an accident because they are usually high above the other road users. And usually they are, with sitting up so high.
  8. Yet they forget they're pulling all that weight behind them and should they have had to brake even slightly it would've been catastrophic. Utter morons !
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010 edited
    Traffic idiots are everywhere!

What annoys me currently is that my permanent tinnitus (constant buzzing in one's ear) has worsened and also spread to my other ear. So tomorrow morning, I will have a special "sound pillow" adjusted to make me fall asleep. At the present time, there is no cure for tinnitus and I'll have to live with it my entire life. It is likely that it will kill my (film) music passion altogether in a few years. This makes me depressed.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010
    That's very depressing Thor, I really feel for you. I wonder, if it one day could be cured as to whether it would re-ignite a passion for loud, busy scores for you again?

And as for traffic, the idiots are everywhere....right the way down to the amount of cyclists I see riding without lights, the fools!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010
    It's spread?

Is that normal?
    What do the doctors say, if anything?

I know it can worsen of course (and I do so very feel for you sad ), but I've never heard of it spreading without it being some sort of -treatable!- virus or infection rather than something congenital?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn