• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010
    Only 11 hours and then I couldn't sleep anymore. Surprising really, because 10-11 hours is the length I usually sleep. I expected to sleep for 24 hours or something.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote
    72 hours of not sleeping? Voluntarily?? shocked

biggrin

Well, more or less voluntarily. Had to write an important essay, and since I had procrastinated in the start of the writing period I suddenly got a ridiculously amount of work to do in a few days. I'm very poor at planning ahead and organizing, so that's why this stuff sometimes happen to me.

Peter smile

From now on your name is peter Carlos Castaneda Plindboe. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    From now on your name is peter Carlos Castaneda Plindboe. wink

I've no idea who that is, but I've always wanted a nickname, so that will do.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you remember an episode of The Simpsons where Homer goes on a "journey" after eating a super hot chili?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Vaguely. I remember a talking fox and I remember that a Morricone inspired theme were playing when Homer was approaching chili.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010 edited
    Yeah that's the one, it was based on castaneda's "journeys" wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i have to agree on the customer service.
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Ahhh, that explains it. biggrin

Peter cuba
  1. I was playing about with this "impact catastrophe calculator" and, even though I was 3000 miles away, a dense rock projectile the size of the moon impacting at 72 km/sec would result in the following:

"Your position was inside the transient crater and ejected upon impact."

Damn!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    my mouth is still a bit sensitive which is to be expected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    was a 100 degrees today a bit uncomfortable.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010 edited
    Where do you live? The sun?

Peter shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    was a 100 degrees today a bit uncomfortable.
    Thomas

You should move here. Today is a not-so-comfortable 3 degrees Celsius (37 Fahrenheit).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Where do you live? Hoth?

oh, hang about... wink
  2. More disappointment rather than annoyance but it looks like Conan The Barbarian isn't going to be arriving today either. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    More disappointment rather than annoyance but it looks like Conan The Barbarian isn't going to be arriving today either. sad

But the arrival of Barry's The Whisperers, Bennett's Equus and Christophe Beck's Waiting For "Superman" will just have to do!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2010
    Today it will only be 64. That one hot day was the shifting of the wind to blow off the desert instead of the ocean. Normal pattern today.

The worst is over with the dental work but it was another painful day yesterday. The dentist found a small piece of the root from the prior extraction which was causing the discomfort. But while I was all numbed up he worked on my three front teeth repairing a piece that had broken off on the bottom, a hairline crack and several cavities along the gum line. Felt pretty bad last night but ok this morning, at least well enough to have some hot tea. Nothing chew-able for a couple days for me.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ice-cream for you Tom? Soup? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I could make a couple of suggestions for non-solid imbibing... numb the pain as well!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Begining with P?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Amongst many, many others... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2010 edited
    coolbunny :bobmarley: :reagge:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Horrible week. Mom had a stroke on Monday night, then another one last night. Today I had to persuade her to go into a nursing home, against her vehement objections. Ugh. She only has a few days left, I think.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Damn! Sorry to hear that James, this can't be easy times for you.
  4. Sorry to hear of the difficult times your family must be going through. All I can do is pass on my heartfelt thoughts during this dark time.

Alan
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2010
    Very sorry to hear that, James. Hang in there!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Our thoughts are with you and your family James. Patience...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Dammit James. I'm shocked to learn it's going downhill fast now. We can only hope she won't be in too much pain when the end draws near. sad

Even though I don't know you that well, my thoughts are with you.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hang in there, old boy. Our thoughts and wishes for the best outcome for all are with you.