• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    Facebook is great (and yes, I'm being serious) for a variety of reasons that I won't even bother to go into here. You just have to know how to use it and tailor it to your preference. It has given me dates with girls, work projects and special invitations to things I would otherwise not have known about. Among other things.

Incidentally, Southall, you CAN edit facebook updates. For example, you can choose to remove updates from specific individuals that you have no interest in, that keep sending out updates every half hour or that is otherwise annoying.

You missed my point. I like Facebook too - I was moaning specifically about the new feature where people announce their current whereabouts through some sort of GPS thing linked to their phone I think. And you can't remove that individually the way you can remove the irritating Farmville stuff etc.

If you go to the upper, right corner of a status update, a cross will appear. Press that, and you're asked if you want to ignore the updates of said user.

I know - but (again) that's not what I want to do! I don't want to ignore the user, I want to ignore posts using this "whereabouts" application or whatever it is the same way I ignore Farmville, Mafia Wars etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010 edited
    If you hit the 'x' mark, it will logically ask you if you want to ignore the user or updates on that very user from the selected application alone.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It doesn't do that for this. I don't think it's a Facebook application, it's one that people have on Android or something I think which links into Facebook somehow. Maybe Anthony can explain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I looked it up. It's called Facebook Places. But honestly, when I click on the X, it only offers me the chance to hide that user's posts - not all Places updates.
  1. Southall wrote
    It doesn't do that for this. I don't think it's a Facebook application, it's one that people have on Android or something I think which links into Facebook somehow. Maybe Anthony can explain.

I'm no expert on Facebook but does anything here help?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ...there's got to be something in settings....

there's places entries in edit--privacy settings-Choose Your Privacy Settings/Customize settings
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Facebook is great (and yes, I'm being serious) for a variety of reasons that I won't even bother to go into here.

You don't need to: chicks, getting laid, etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010 edited
    I had quite a frustrating thing happen to me yesterday morning. The night before, I had gone out into the city with some mates from work and ended up at some all-night bar where I ended up chatting with this absolutely lovely (and utterly gorgeous) girl. The two of us really seemed to hit it off and she invited me back to her flat where subsequently loads of nice things happened, etc, etc. wink In the morning, I woke to make a bathroom visit, while she continued sleeping, when this guy (presumably one of her flatmates) came up to me and furiously told me to grab my things and "get the fuck out" of the flat. By the way, he could clearly see I had been there with said girl and that I wasn't a burglar. I had absolutely no chance to react and before I knew it, I had been promptly ushered to the front door which was then rudely slammed in my face. All this before I had even got the chance to get her phone number or surname (so I won't be able to find her on Facebook).

I feel like going back to the flat and perhaps posting a note for her through the door (I really don't feel like being greeted by that c**t again). This girl is just too amazing to go on and forget about.

sad
  2. It wasn't her dad was it?

Maybe you could find her back at the bar if you don't want to go back to her place?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    Woah, probably a jealous flatmate who tried to get her but failed; if you really liked the girl don't let yourself be put off by that dude, try to approach her again via other means, the bar or something, unless you find out she was only interested in that night alone, which is very possible too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yikes, Lee, you really live the life out a 90's teen soap opera, don't you? wink

Mr. Smoothiepants!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think the best bet is to put a note through the door with a contact number, but don't come on strong or anything.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Well, when it rains it pours! After the gastritis came the Asthmatic Bronchitis and take under consideration that I don't suffer from asthma. Nice!!! So nice!!!!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Sorry for all the pain you're going through.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    LSH wrote
    I had quite a frustrating thing happen to me yesterday morning. The night before, I had gone out into the city with some mates from work and ended up at some all-night bar where I ended up chatting with this absolutely lovely (and utterly gorgeous) girl. The two of us really seemed to hit it off and she invited me back to her flat where subsequently loads of nice things happened, etc, etc. wink In the morning, I woke to make a bathroom visit, while she continued sleeping, when this guy (presumably one of her flatmates) came up to me and furiously told me to grab my things and "get the fuck out" of the flat. By the way, he could clearly see I had been there with said girl and that I wasn't a burglar. I had absolutely no chance to react and before I knew it, I had been promptly ushered to the front door which was then rudely slammed in my face. All this before I had even got the chance to get her phone number or surname (so I won't be able to find her on Facebook).

I feel like going back to the flat and perhaps posting a note for her through the door (I really don't feel like being greeted by that c**t again). This girl is just too amazing to go on and forget about.

sad

If she did it to him she'll do it to you so beware.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    sdtom wrote
    Sorry for all the pain you're going through.

Thank you Tom. Glad you are doing well in San Diego!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010
    Can't sleep. For the past two hours I've just been lying here in the dark, with a pounding headache. I have to be up in less than three hours for work too. I'm fucked basically.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh dear sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What happened? Migraine? I hate those but i found out that trying to stay in bed and forcing yourself to sleep is worse; i always get up, stay in the dark or very low lighting, drink warm milk with honey and have ice circling from my forehead to the back of the neck and so on for about an hour or so, usually it works wonders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    Can't sleep. For the past two hours I've just been lying here in the dark, with a pounding headache. I have to be up in less than three hours for work too. I'm fucked basically.

Dude, that stuff goes here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … es/#Item_3

Incidentally, I didn't fall asleep before about 5 am either.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    Incidentally, I didn't fall asleep before about 5 am either.

Luxury. I got up at 3 because I couldn't sleep and went back to bed at 6.... and then I couldn't fall asleep.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    So did you post the note on her door?
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff to be put away.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010 edited
    Nauseous after having eaten too much chocolate. And now I have to go to bed nauseous. slant

WHYYYY, OH WHYYYYYY!!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010 edited
    How much exactly is 'too much'? Out of curiosity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    How much exactly is 'too much'? Out of curiosity.

One plate of 200 grams. I'm better now.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010
    That's a sickening amount vomit
  3. Respect, Thor! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010
    Man, how do you do that to yourself? My guts are complaining only by reading your description and imagining it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010
    Me too. I love chocolate but, but a little at a time.