• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011
    Thor wrote
    And on and on the basement drilling goes. AAAARGH!!! crazy

As if my bloody tinnitus wasn't enough aural "stress".

Tomorrow they're even cutting the water supply to the whole building for 5 hours, which means that I can't drink, go to the toilet or take a shower from 10 to 15. And tomorrow, when I was planning on having a "home office" day.

At least fill up some empty containers with water so you can have hot drinks etc.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So these man are still drilling for...what is it now? Over a week?
    Strange. Far longer than one would expect in the course of normal maintenance works, isn't it?
    It's almost as if they're looking for something.
    Something buried rather deeper than you'd expect. Deep, deep down.
    Forgotten. Or abandoned.

And now they're shutting off the water?
    Making sure nothing, say, ontowards gets in the water supply and makes its way throughout the building.
    Spreading.
    Almost, although that would of course be an odd thing to contemplate, contaminating the outside.

I'm sure it must be nothing.
    Routine maintenance.
    I'm sure.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011 edited
    Martijn wrote
    So these man are still drilling for...what is it now? Over a week?

Try MONTHS! To be honest, they seem like a cheap work force from Eastern Europe (especially considering they've been hired by the "bandits" we're currently in trial against). So things drag out more than they should.

Yeah, it does breed conspiracy theories, doesn't it?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    StatOil teaming up with BP's new friends?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Russians digging for something deep in the permafrost since the time of unknown Kadath?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    You plan your holiday week on the roster where I work, you make sure you're the very first one (only 3 allowed at the same time), you make sure it's in the week that Ubeda is and you're happy you're the first one. So you're sure you have that week off

now today, 5 others put their name on the same week, and 3 of them have kids. Meaning, they have first choice because a parent with kids gets the first choice (something to do with having to be with your kid during vacation because there's no school)

meaning, I can probably kiss my concert trip to Ubeda goodbye, what's the f__king point about being the first one on the roster if you'll never get the f__king chance? angry

Damn Thomas, this sucks! sad crazy
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Is it something physio can fix Alan?

I've no idea. I think it's still too early to go to the docs. I'll give it over the weekend to improve. If it is still like this then I'll seek help.

It may be nothing more than a trapped nerve ( painful though it is ) in which case physio will fix it. Let us know how things go.

Still suffering with this backache. I was at the doctor yesterday and she gave me some strong NSAIDs for the time being and I went for an X-ray. Results back in 7-10 days. After doing a bit more reading round I'm now favouring a herniated disc rather than a bruised coccyx. Hopefully, the X-ray will help to diagnose the problem or point to where to go next. If it is a herniated disc that can take anything up to 6 weeks to sort itself out.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011
    Yes, it will slant (he spake from extremely painful experience).
    What's NSAID? A pain inhibitor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011 edited
    All I care about at the moment is that it WILL get better. Looking forward to that!

As far as pain relief is concerned, I'm on 400mg ibuprofen 3 times a day. Doesn't take the pain away completely but it makes it a lot better. And the tablets are HUGE - I'm not good at swallowing tablets and will always go for soluble paracetamol and, when required, liquid antibiotics (strawberry flavour usually).
    shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Yeah, in some way. They are non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), which basically means they are fever and painkillers. Think aspirin.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Russians digging for something deep in the permafrost since the time of unknown Kadath?

You're on to something.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Cheers Pete! It all seems to be going around right now, some of my friends are suffering and two people in particular were laid flat on their backs by it. I can still walk about so I obviously haven't got "proper" flu but I still feel crap and very weak.

I spoke too soon, I'm totally laid up, sweating, fever, aching, walking to the kitchen is a slow effort, I don't think I slept for more than five minutes at a time all last night, just bitty, horrible feverish sleep, I feel utterly crap. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011 edited
    It's a bit of an epidemic, isn't it?
    Luckily my healthy lifestyle, robust constitution and nigh-superhuman endurance have allowed me to walk the earth among the pestilence pits without having been affected.
    Yet.

Hope you feel better soon, Timmer!
    Being laid up for a few days isn't too bad if you're able to sleep, drink orange juice and listen to music, but when you're just feeling crap it's just an ordeal.

Positive, healing vibes! (Just one of my many super powers).
    wave ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( [UK]
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    smile <-- the vibes are working already.

I'm making sure I'm drinking as much fluid as possible ( cranberry juice etc ) and I'm trying to eat, I have no appetite and food just tastes weird right now.
  3. Martijn wrote
    Luckily my healthy lifestyle, robust constitution and nigh-superhuman endurance have allowed me to walk the earth among the pestilence pits without having been affected.
    Yet.

What's your address? I want to send you some kryptonite. devil

To make you feel weak and puny again... cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    You plan your holiday week on the roster where I work, you make sure you're the very first one (only 3 allowed at the same time), you make sure it's in the week that Ubeda is and you're happy you're the first one. So you're sure you have that week off

now today, 5 others put their name on the same week, and 3 of them have kids. Meaning, they have first choice because a parent with kids gets the first choice (something to do with having to be with your kid during vacation because there's no school)

meaning, I can probably kiss my concert trip to Ubeda goodbye, what's the f__king point about being the first one on the roster if you'll never get the f__king chance? angry

Damn Thomas, this sucks! sad crazy

trust me, I'll do my best to make sure I can still come to Spain smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Shame you'll get a severe flu during that week. *wink wink

Peter wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011
    My knee from the fall
    listen to more classical music!
  5. plindboe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Shame you'll get a severe flu during that week. *wink wink

Peter wink

this would work, but we get control doctors once you're sick

ah well, I'll fight to the death here cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011
    Fed up of everything tasting weird. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011
    I've taken some codeine a couple hours ago, I'm a floating I tells ya I'm a floating angelic
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011
    It's not as good as opium though devil
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011
    I can't believe it, I didn't wake up until gone 3 pm, I guess my illness ravaged body is telling me something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Just to keep Tim company since yesterday I have no voice! A pharyngatis I persume. Now how in the name of wonder did I manage to have a fight with my boyfriend without being able to speak?! rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  6. Aww, hugs.

What were you fighting about? PM me if you don't want to talk in the public.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thanks for the hugs dear! It was nothing much to fight about. We just disagreed on when we are going to meet again! My town (Sparti) or our town (Piraeus)! So, I got stubborn and told him I'll go home again in a month! As if I can stay away for so long! We'll make up, we always do eventually! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Just to keep Tim company since yesterday I have no voice! A pharyngatis I persume. Now how in the name of wonder did I manage to have a fight with my boyfriend without being able to speak?! rolleyes

kiss <--hugs, no kisses, you don't want to get what I have.
  7. Stavroula wrote
    Thanks for the hugs dear! It was nothing much to fight about. We just disagreed on when we are going to meet again! My town (Sparti) or our town (Piraeus)! So, I got stubborn and told him I'll go home again in a month! As if I can stay away for so long! We'll make up, we always do eventually! smile

And here's me constantly single who is wondering how does a relationship work biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    biggrin

I'm not the best example love! Too stubborn, too in love and to crazy to be a typical example but you get the general idea! wink kiss