• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Ah, "he eats the head". Many of the characteristics of a goldfinch are markings on the head.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    Exhume the bird and take a picture so Alan can formally identify the remains!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    Southall wrote
    Exhume the bird and take a picture so Alan can formally identify the remains!

Done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Lq771TVm4
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Why do I make writing reviews so difficult for myself? Just write about the music and the way it makes you feel!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Not really an annoyance but have just spent 6 hours putting up wallpaper. I don't enjoy decorating.

And my SAE package remains unopened...
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2011 edited
    I broke up with my girlfriend, which was not the most pleasant experience in the world (my first time being the breakup-er rather than the breakup-ee). I like being with her, it's just some of her habits get to me. As we were talking, I noticed how pretty her face and eyes were. As I'm sitting at home, I'm not terribly pleased with myself because thinking over the past year we've been dating, I did have fun with her and she was affectionate with me. It's just we didn't love each other.

Maybe it's one of those "you don't know what you have until it's gone" cases.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2011 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    I broke up with my girlfriend, which was not the most pleasant experience in the world (my first time being the breakup-er rather than the breakup-ee). I like being with her, it's just some of her habits get to me.

Sorry to hear that, Kevin, but please tell that isn't the only reason for the break-up...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    I broke up with my girlfriend, which was not the most pleasant experience in the world (my first time being the breakup-er rather than the breakup-ee). I like being with her, it's just some of her habits get to me.

Sorry to hear that, Kevin, but please tell that isn't the only reason for the break-up...

-Erik-

I did say we didn't love each other and did not see the relationship going further.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011 edited
    Sorry to hear that, Kevin. But from what you describe, it was probably for the best.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Just now I was reminded of the big downside of having a cat when Gomez came in with a bird in his mouth slant , I've just buried it in the garden, much to Gomez annoyance.

It was a small bird with some yellow feathers, perhaps Alan can tell me what it was?

Tim, I was wondering if the bird that Gomez caught was a goldfinch. Well, a few days later a goldfinch conveniently flew into one of our windows. It died as a result of the impact and David found it lying on one of our conifer plants. I took a photo of the wing to show up the yellow feathers.

If you could take a look and let me know if you recognise the markings!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011
    Yes, that's it! Little bastard!! ( Gomez that is )

There's a large park near me, they've recently put up a large ornate metal sign with pictures and descriptions of birds and wildlife that frequent the area, I was surprised there were so many, including Sparrow Hawks which is what I must have seen a few years ago, perhaps you remember me posting that I saw a bird of prey kill a pigeon in front of me just around the corner from my house?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    Jackhammer. I've got my headphones on and I can still hear it. For a minute I thought it was part of the percussion!!!
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2011
    Guys that wear Trilby hats (short brimmed fedora type of hat) way too far back on their heads. I have one too (a nice handmade one from Poland), and love it, but I don't wear it like so far backwards. Just wear it normally, not like some hillbilly.

I know, not important, but it annoys me seeing people wearing hats like that.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2011 edited
    Trilby hats? Where are you from Talos? Here, we hardly ever see anybody in a trilby hat.

One of lifes most annoying things is kids wearing trousers half way down their arses, it's been going on for over a decade now and I honestly thought ( when I first saw this "phenomenon" ) that it would be looked back upon within a year or so in the same way as people looked back at the ghastly 70's fashion of flared trousers......no such luck!! slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Another minor irritant...

Those FSM threads pondering what "could have been" if the godly Jerry Goldsmith had scored film X and X if X had directed it. rolleyes

Thor knows what I mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Get a life. Seriously. (to them)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Those FSM threads pondering what "could have been" if the godly Jerry Goldsmith had scored film X and X if X had directed it. rolleyes

Thor knows what I mean.

Yes, that is bizarre. As are the annual Goldsmith death day thread(s).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Thor knows what I mean.

Yes, that is bizarre. As are the annual Goldsmith death day thread(s).

Yeah, followed by what he might have scored if he were still alive bla blah de blah.
  6. I don't mind the posts to remember the passing of a composer. But the rest is just a waste of time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I don't mind the posts to remember the passing of a composer. But the rest is just a waste of time.

I can understand the celebration of a deceased composer's birthday, especially if it's a round number, like 100. A kind of anniversary thing. But I've never understood the "anniversary" of someone's death day, especially not every single year which happens at FSM. That's just bizarre and a bit grotesque, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I can understand occasional speculation about "What if X had scored Y?" but when it's just "It would have been AWESOME!" (and that is all those threads ever are) it's terrible. (And frankly, the answer is always obvious anyway, especially with Goldsmith since he scored every type of film, so you can always guess what Y would have sounded like had he scored it without much trouble.)

Some of the "death day" stuff is terrible too. One guy says he always books the day off work on Goldsmith's death day. Sorry, but... really... well, I shouldn't say what I was going to say.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Southall wrote
    I can understand occasional speculation about "What if X had scored Y?" but when it's just "It would have been AWESOME!" (and that is all those threads ever are) it's terrible. (And frankly, the answer is always obvious anyway, especially with Goldsmith since he scored every type of film, so you can always guess what Y would have sounded like had he scored it without much trouble.)

Some of the "death day" stuff is terrible too. One guy says he always books the day off work on Goldsmith's death day. Sorry, but... really... well, I shouldn't say what I was going to say.

Even when the composer does a good/great job, people still wonder what Goldsmith could have done (you did that with Howard Shore and LOTR (specifically in your Fellowship of the Ring review)).
  7. Timmer wrote

biggrin Too true, but remember this doesn't apply to any Intrada releases. They are perfect.

Also, the pre-release guessing threads where a record producer will give an obvious clue (or say the actual title), but people will still keep on guessing really far-out scores from movies no one has heard of by obscure composers (they are being serious). Annoying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2011
    KevinSmith wrote
    Even when the composer does a good/great job, people still wonder what Goldsmith could have done (you did that with Howard Shore and LOTR (specifically in your Fellowship of the Ring review)).

It's a fair cop... but in my defence... those words were written in the immediate aftermath of the score's release, I wasn't overwhelmed by that first score at the time and Goldsmith was a reasonably realistic alternative candidate to have scored the film. I think (but stand to be corrected) that I was more disappointed that some of the people who had been approached to score it but turned it down hadn't done it. I forget now whether Kilar was actually approached or not, but I still dream about what he'd have done.

Therefore I seem to be one of the idiots being criticised above. Oh dear!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I thought Horner was a candidate at that time for LOTR as well. Would have been nice. Krull part 2, 3, 4.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    He turned it down (according to himself, anyway).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011 edited
    A storm broke out at a music festival here in Belgium. The storm lasted 10 minutes. Apparently the terrain is flooded and one of the main stages collapsed. My friends are there, and I just read there are already 6 confirmed deaths. I can't reach them because there's a network outage. I'm just a little freaked. Six people. Terrible.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011
    Southall wrote
    He turned it down (according to himself, anyway).

Thank God!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    A storm broke out at a music festival here in Belgium. The storm lasted 10 minutes. Apparently the terrain is flooded and one of the main stages collapsed. My friends are there, and I just read there are already 6 confirmed deaths. I can't reach them because there's a network outage. I'm just a little freaked. Six people. Terrible.

My God...that's even worse then what happened in Indianapolis! Wouldn't worry too much about the friends, I suspect backstage people and crew were closest to the stage. Nonetheless, it's horrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2011 edited
    My friends are ok. The festival terrain is evacuated and the festival will probably be cancelled. It seems one source had it wrong. 3 deaths and 11 heavily wounded is terrible.
    Kazoo