• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    The only thing more annoying than George Lucas making Darth Vader scream like a child while killing the Emperor is EVERY ****ING PERSON I KNOW POSTING ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK. It was OK when the first person mentioned it (Martijn!) yesterday or the day before or whenever. Now it's tiring. Just don't buy the ****ing product if you're that bothered, if nobody bought it then he would stop messing with it.

That's what happens when you have a lot of Facebook...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2011
    Still the same itching and swelling. Will be going into the doctor next week.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2011
    Weird and and continous "clicking noise" in my left tinnitus-affected ear. Had it ever since yesterday, when I was at a few crowded and noisy pubs.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2011
    While my foot is better it is somewhat swollen
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    No regular tv channel in Norway is showing the important Denmark-Norway match (football) tonight. Unless you have the pay channel that shows it. That annoys me. Maybe I'll find a free alternative on the interwebz.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Are there pubs showing it?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    No regular tv channel in Norway is showing the important Denmark-Norway match (football) tonight. Unless you have the pay channel that shows it. That annoys me. Maybe I'll find a free alternative on the interwebz.

That'll be far more interesting than England v Wales unless a miracle happens and Wales win.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. There is always hope!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Are there pubs showing it?

Yeah, probably. But I'm too far off from a pub right now, and there aren't anyone I know that wants to or can go, anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    There is always hope!

I would laugh if they did. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, watching the stream of the match on the net didn't work either, as it keeps buffering all the time. It became so annoying that I just gave up. That and the fact that we were under 0-2 and are basically out of the EC now.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorjohnbijl
    My WiFi has drops now and then. And because of that my music has short pauses. Shorter than a second, but still annoying!
    Nothing is as loud as silence - Miklós Rózsa
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011
    smog
  4. sdtom wrote
    smog

I am hoping that you're shouting that out along the lines of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKCpB7aAPvw
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011
    And remember we have some of the tougher smog rules in the world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Had another fall today standing in line at the pharmacy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A bit warm again but I have to remember this is our hottest month.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2011
    Weather completely changed. Heavy overcast and under 68.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We had a major blackout that lasted for 8 hours yesterday afternoon/evening. From what I understand over 6 million people were affected. It gave one time to ponder and consider the fact that our water didn't work (electric pump), you couldn't buy gasoline, airport stopped, people on potential life saving devices were paralyzed, no traffic signals, I was stuck on the 12th floor (No elevator), and looting. Price gouging. I'd heard on our emergency radio that one man was charging $20 for a bag of ice he normally sold for $1.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know that's a recurring issue in California, Tom.
    But it's rather disturbing to see so many people lose the veneer of civilisation once calamity strikes.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. It is further evidence that, in many places, there is a fine line between civilization and chaos.

I am surprised that there doesn't seem to be much of a back-up plan for people who depend upon machines for life. I would assume hospitals have back-up generators for such emergencies. I would also hope that there are similar plans for people who are at home or in care centres.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    At this point they don't know that it wasn't a terrorist attack. Sunday is 9/11. The information I've heard is that it didn't go down as a result of an overload of the system. A 500,000 volt line originating in Arizona failed which started the chain reaction.
    Tom
  6. sdtom wrote
    At this point they don't know that it wasn't a terrorist attack. Sunday is 9/11. The information I've heard is that it didn't go down as a result of an overload of the system. A 500,000 volt line originating in Arizona failed which started the chain reaction.
    Tom

I would be surprised if there was not some sort of attempt to attack some part of the US (or its allies).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As I said Alan they don't know. The other odd occurence was the power went out during the height of President Obama's major speech. Who knows
    Tom
  7. sdtom wrote
    As I said Alan they don't know. The other odd occurence was the power went out during the height of President Obama's major speech. Who knows
    Tom

Maybe everyone went to make a cup of coffee at the same time and knocked out the grid?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    smile When its 100+ degrees we all drink hot coffee
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    *I* sure as hell do!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    smile When its 100+ degrees we all drink hot coffee

It's well known that hot drinks are better for cooling you down, though the thought of sinking an ice cold lager in baking weather is near unbeatable wink
  8. Cold beer wins every time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Somehow the hot coffee doesn't do much for me. By the way it is 30+ degrees cooler today.