• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012
    All the childish bickering and bellyaching over at the FSM boards is really annoying. At least over here (where I read everyday even though I don't post that often) there is friendly conversation and appreciation. I just don't understand how adults can act like such indignant children sometimes. It's exhausting.

Oh, and Republicans get on my nerves.

I feel better already.
    Insert witty line here
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Neilbucket wrote
    All the childish bickering and bellyaching over at the FSM boards is really annoying. At least over here (where I read everyday even though I don't post that often) there is friendly conversation and appreciation. I just don't understand how adults can act like such indignant children sometimes. It's exhausting.

Oh, and Republicans get on my nerves.

I feel better already.

I agree.

There's too much of this....

....while there should be more of this.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    shocked dizzy cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Thor wrote

Thor, how did you get a picture of me behind my computer?
    biggrin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thor wrote

Thor, how did you get a picture of me behind my computer?
    biggrin

Don't you remember? I took it!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Don't you remember? I took it!

beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    Hope the CD was worth it! Enjoy lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    utelark wrote
    I was in the same situation and then on the arranged second day the bloke didn't ring the doorbell properly and I still didn't get it. (think got it a week later)
    Hope you get yours soon!

The FedEx man eventually turned up at 4.30pm. It turned out to be a CD that required a signature.

Now I can relax.

Hope the CD was worth it! Enjoy lick
  3. Ever get one of those days where you feel yourself getting more and more fed up as the day progresses?

Today has been one of those days. Little niggling things building up as the day progresses until I am now at the stage where I can't be bothered to do anything constructive.

I hate these days!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012
    Those are the days , when you get home, sit down, get a beer from the fridge and enjoy the cool golden liquid.
    Tomorrow can only get better! beer
  4. I don't have any beer! Despair!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    Come round , got some Carlsberg here!....or are here any cornershops near you???
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Carlsberg? Mmmmmmm! drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    Have one....with me...I need one too after a hard day!
    Still the best beer is Stuttgarter Hofbräu, which is on standby in the house cellar in Germany!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Complicated teleconference with American customers.
    Until 23:00
    And again tomorrow.
    sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. We do have a corner shop but selection is poor. Elected to play catch with my son until beer urges passed. Now having a cup of tea and a couple of digestives.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Double rum.
    No ice.

I love drinking while people discuss multi-million dollar projects.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Complicated teleconference with American customers.
    Until 23:00
    And again tomorrow.
    sad

BWUK!

Why can they never do that the other way around? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    probably with multi million projects you should stick to tea and biscuits too! or champagne after a good deal, haha.

I used to be a wine drinker but hey you need to expand your horizon, so I started on beer......So far I really like Carlsberg, and the Stuttgarter Hofbrau.
    I am going through beers, to try different ones, which beer would you recommend?
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    utelark wrote
    probably with multi million projects you should stick to tea and biscuits too! or champagne after a good deal, haha.

Sadly I am not, and never have been in sales.
    Which is bad as that entails I never got any massive bonuses.
    And on the other hand good as it entails I am still in possession of my soul.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    We do have a corner shop but selection is poor. Elected to play catch with my son until beer urges passed. Now having a cup of tea and a couple of digestives.

Style! biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    Martijn wrote
    utelark wrote

Sadly I am not, and never have been in sales.
    Which is bad as that entails I never got any massive bonuses.
    And on the other hand good as it entails I am still in possession of my soul.
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    I like that, and glad you are still have your soul, you could have just tried the apple though! smile smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
    Annoying was on the Standsted express last week which was pretty full, that people put their bags/ handbags on th empty seat next to them, so nobody would sit there, unless they ask.
    That is really notvery nice and most people rather stand than ask. Well I didn't. tongue
  6. utelark wrote
    Annoying was on the Standsted express last week which was pretty full, that people put their bags/ handbags on th empty seat next to them, so nobody would sit there, unless they ask.
    That is really notvery nice and most people rather stand than ask. Well I didn't. tongue

Come to Belgium, we ALL ask biggrin .

AS a commuter, I take the train every weekday. During busy schedules, that happens as well, although people tend to become 'aware' of the shortage of places and start to remove their stuff by themselves.

Anyhow, we are verbal beings, no problem in asking for some space...

But damn enoying if they refuse...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I only put something next to me if there are few people on the bus or train. It's a bit annoying when people don't remove the items when they can see the bus is filling up. Should be common sense.

Anyway, have you ever had anyone refuse to remove their things, Elin? I find it hard to imagine anything more annoying.

I'm not sure what I'd do if someone refused that for me. Might be a good idea to practice some sarcastic comment to use if the situation some day arises.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    That is a good idea, have some witty and sarkastic remarks on standby. But then if someone refuses you can always say you are about to faint.......which is actually always easily possible on the Underground in London.
  7. Why do I always get punished by a migrain attack if I stay up slightely later than my curfew and have fun?
    Just wondering...
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2012
    poor you, i know a couple of people who suffer from migranes lately, might it be the weather?
    hope this is a consolation, and it goes away soon!